2012-03-27 01:50:36

Hello all,
Yes, a new mud.  I can hear the sighs of you all now.  But wait.  Don't click the back button yet, at least hear me out first?
Myself and a few others are working on a mud, that as far as I'm aware, has never been done before.  We're working on an urban fantasy mud.  If you do not know what urban fantasy is, allow wikipedia to answer all of your questions.
Now, with that out of the way, I need some help.  THe world that we'd like to build is absolutely massive, and we right now only have 6 people working on it.  We're almost done the first town, but we really need help.  We are using the TBA codebase, and if you have never used it before, it is the easiest thing to get going.  THe entire thing is menu based, and the trigger system is seriously easy to learn.  You have 556 stock zones in which you can learn anything you could ever want to about the base.  I really couldn't code using lambda, ghost core, or deadsouls, and this one I've picked up with no problems whatsoever.  If you'd like to take a look and want to help out, point your telnet/mud client to the following: game.devils-edge.net port 4000.
Thanks for reading, and if you have any questions, feel free to PM me.  When you log on to the game, send something to one of us.  It's very easy to see who the admins are.  Let one of us know that you are from audio games, and you want to help us build, or if you have experience, modifying TBA's code, to be a wizard.  That doesn't mean we'll accept anyone who just pops up and thinks that they know something, we want to really know that you're serious about helping us out.  I don't want this mud to fall apart like so many others that I've seen.  If you don't know TBA, but would still like to help out, tell us, and we can show you the ropes.  That's no problem at all.  I just don't want this to turn into something with half finished pieces.
Thanks for reading, PM me, or find me online somewhere,
Mike.

2012-03-27 07:17:18

Hi.
i just tryed this "new" mud. for a start maybe you should give the player the comands to talk to an admin or develper so that we can give them and you more things to develep.
or maybe i was on at the rong time. i don't  no but i tryed (who) and there was one person online i don't no who it was sorry. i am using mush client portable and the nvda plugin.
its good but nothing we haven't seen before. sorry but that's the truth. although if you would like help with righting different places i don't mind helping.
again sorry if you are afended buy this post.

I'm gone for real :)

2012-03-27 08:40:49 (edited by SLJ 2012-03-27 08:45:17)

wow this sounds interesting. An accessible coding system which is menu based, wow!
I don't understand how the mud will be different from other muds. I've played Medievia which is very much a fantasy mud with really strange creatures, magic etc.
I have lots of suggestions for a mud, but don't have time to help on building a new mud. My main issue is that I can't find a free mud client which work very well with NVDA, but I might just end up on buying Vipmud.
I look forward to hear more about the new mud.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2012-03-27 09:21:51

What's the price of VIP MUD? I've wanted to try such things for some years now... smile

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2012-03-27 09:31:40 (edited by brad 2012-03-27 09:32:23)

Hi.
don't do that!
try mush client, its free, its easy to use, and, it works with nvda. well first you wil have to download orials soundpack for alta eon but you don't have to play the game if you don't want to. in sted you can just use the plugins.
i don't no where to download the orial soundpacks  from sorry but i hope this helps.

2012-03-27 09:59:01

OK I would like to play Your mud, if the mud will be finished. Also, existing site MUD connector, which countains a big list of MUD. I should send the link to the MUD after developping. Thanks.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2012-03-27 10:33:45

Brad> What about JAWS?

2012-03-27 10:47:40

ahoy alex
vip costs around 25 to 30 USD although I could be wrong. the mush pack used for altar eon has plugins which supports output to jaws,nvda and a few others,if one is not mistaken. although that pack is quite large if you don't want to play alter eon its not worth downloading that big of a file. instead, download mush client,and see if you can find the plugins which makes the client accessible
HTH,grryf.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2012-03-27 10:54:58

Where can I get those files?

2012-03-27 11:01:36

just tried the mud! its awesome! cant figure out what to do when i get to the shops!

:D happy to help out with games and the like... maybe :D

2012-03-27 12:12:36

hi.
the reason is because the shops are where the mud stopps as far asi i no.
@ the person who wanted to download plug ins.
well yeah you could do it that way lol i wasn't thinking. hahaha serprize serprize. lol.

2012-03-27 13:02:27

well the way i see it, it won't be any different unless we make it so
as its in development, we need the basic concepts down first.
personally i've never used the code base, but i'd love to help out as i'm free the next 2 weeks for example, and i'm sure i'd find time afterwoods.

2012-03-27 13:02:49

Hi Brad.
How do I review any text in Mushclient using NVDA on a laptop? I wanna read text line by line, spell some challenging words, and other times read complex text word by word. Having all text read once when it pops up is not enough for me. I could just use sapi to do that.
So if you have any nice way to do that, I'll consider that alternative. Otherwise I'll stick with Vipmud.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2012-03-27 15:17:41

hi,

Mush reader(support for nvda, jaws, sapi):

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1652003/mushReader.xml

Output function(same effect as in vipmud, the tab-key to the output window, this time its control-tab, and back):

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1652003/output_functions.xml

En.joy

f.a.t.h.e.r

2012-03-27 16:20:47

Brad, read my first post, or maybe the title? It's nowhere near completion.  And as I said before, I've never seen a mud like it before, maybe I've just been playing the wrong muds.

2012-03-27 16:23:35

Ok, to all who have been connecting, I'll say it again.  The mud is not ready for normal players to get on.  I'm looking for builders and coders, not players right now.

2012-03-27 17:26:42

Hi.
what i mean is every mud nearly is the same. its basickly kill kill kill level up and kill some more. to be honest i don't really play muds because they don't really feel arijonal to me. not saying your mud is bad just saiyn i don't like muds really since i tryed a a and got bord with it. although i do like project bob. its quite cool.

2012-03-27 20:10:57

well, this sounds verry interesting but for some reason all my trying with muds have failed and i have never been able to configure my client to work right so if someone could help me configure it so i can help with this project i would appriciate it. also it might help otheres with the same problem

don't look back, cause you'll loose the road ahead.

2012-03-27 21:26:28

Thre are a number of Urban Fantasy themed muds out there. A bit of poking around on Top Mud Sites or the Mud Connector will give you some hits.

I do agree though, that a lot of hack and slash type muds end up blurring together and feeling all the same.
This is why I choose muds to play based on the role play environment now. That is what sets a game apart for me. I enjoy writing and telling stories, and a good role play environment allows me to write a story with other people. Story telling plus social interaction equals fun.

I've never actually heard of TBA mud code base in my virtual travels, I have to say, though. I hope it works out well for you, Blindndangerous.

Shadow

2012-03-28 01:17:46

Thank you Shadow.  I'll have to look on TMC, and see what pops up.

2012-04-01 08:34:36

Hi everyone!
I am developing a small side mud as well on tba (but when I have any time I will sure pop on yours and build (if you still need help)
Also, just while we are on the subject of tba, may I just ask how to set the game to for example it is the 3third day the month of the daleks, year 2175?
I have changed all my months arround, but still don't know how to change the year.
Does it revolve arround system time?
I've atempted to modify the time file in lib/etsetera/time, but it doesn't seem to change anything not sure what variable the game saves it in when it shuts down.
If you know how to do it, would you please be able to tell me?
Thanks,

Daniel

2012-04-01 19:42:07

I'm not sure how to do that offhand, I'll ask cold shadow, he may know.  Sure, could always use help.  If no one is around when you log in, PM me on here, so that I'll know, and give me another time when you can get on, and I can talk with you.  If cold shadow, chikorita, or zeke is online, and not afk, send a message over gossip letting them know you are looking to build/code, so one of them can talk to you.

2012-04-01 22:04:23

ok thanks I will when I have some time.
sorry kinda tied up at the moment have alot of stuff going on.
Thanks,

Daniel

2012-04-03 03:49:09

Is TDV for windows 7 64-bit? I would love to play your mud, indeed I love! mudding in general, but a mixup from the usual AA and MM would be nice.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2012-04-04 20:54:56

What?  I have no idea what you are asking about.  Muds can be played on just about any machine.