2012-03-19 14:18:47

Hello,

Our game Scream`N`Run would be a perfect addition to this site. Here it is: itunes.apple.com/us/app/scream-n-run/id448137031
In this game you must help a little zombie to evade the evil pink bunnies by jumping over them. The louder you scream the higher the zombie jumps. Great fun, try it out. It is the first voice controlled Jump`N`Run in the world. I think we have a few promocodes left, so if you want one just drop me a line.

Regards,
Sebastian Mecklenburg

2012-03-19 16:39:10

It is interesting but it is not the suitable place to post it here. You might try the general game discussion forum instead.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2012-03-19 17:52:33

Sebastian, I've checked out videos of Scream`N`Run being played and unfortunately it doesn't seem to be accessible.  Perhaps you could add in some type of sound cues to let people know when they should be jumping and also how high they'll need to jump in order to clear the obstacle?  I'm worried that the main menu would also be difficult to navigate without voice commands to help the player know what was being selected.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2012-03-20 10:14:09

Moderation!

I took the liberty of moving the topic, sinse the site feedback room is for questions about the site itself or the forum.

About the game, Aprone is right. While a game with voice control is an interesting idea, sinse this is a site about games that output! sound rather than in put it and are thus accessible to blind and visually impared gamers, all the concerns about access to the game still apply even if it is voice controlled.

If you'd like to make access changes to the game to create audio output however, we'd be very glad to help.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2012-03-21 14:10:53

Well... Is this another spambot or just a random guy? smile

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2012-03-21 15:52:51

Hi.
i think it might be spam.

I'm gone for real :)

2012-03-21 18:16:48

Nope, I'm pretty sure it's not a spambot, sinse there aren't many sites about sound based games, I think it's the games' actual creator. However I believe she/he missunderstood the purpose of the site, and assumed "audio games" meant games with audio in put, ie voice control, clapping etc, not games that output to audio and are thus accessible.

As I said though, if the developer is interested in making access changes we'd be very glad to help indeed.

Btw, might I suggest people do not accuse others of being spambots on the forum, sinse it's not exactly friendly, especially to a potential new developer.

Spambots are usually far more obvious than this, and will not mention audio games. if you believe something is spam, it's probably better to report it if it is over 24 hours old and hasn't already been deleted. and it is even less likely to be spam if myself or one of the other moderators has already replied to this topic and thus has certainly read it (if we thought it was spam, we'd have deleted it). While we're not infallible, it's unlikely we'll have bothered writing a reply to a spam topic without just deleting it first.

so, bottom line, please don't accuse others of being spambots. It'd be dire indeed if a developer turned up on site, was accused of being a spambot and left in disgust.

This isn't an official moderation warning, sinse obviously both Brad and Alex are trying to help, just a word of advice.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2012-03-21 18:32:53

Hi.
sure, i won't do it again. thanks for the advice dark.
hmm this game sounds good. i've not checked it out yet on youtube just to see how it plays, but i will as soon as i can.

I'm gone for real :)

2012-03-22 11:12:54

Well, I'm sorry... I was just wondering why he hadn't answered...
It won't happen again.

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2012-03-22 12:28:09

There could be lots of reasons he hasn't answered. On the positive side it could just be that he's been delayed in some way and will get back to us later. On the negative side it might be that he's actually not interested in discussing the game, just turning up and effectively advertising it, or still worse, turned up, read the replies and realized that this is a site who's principle audience are lacking in eyeballs and left.

Either way we'll not know unless he turns up again, which I do hope he does sinse a voice controlled game where you scream at zombies could be rather amusing, provided it were accessible of course.

One thing, there would be no problems locating or activating game controls if you just need to yell big_smile.

2012-03-22 12:59:56

Hi,

This reminded me of the game BJGino, a voice controlled BlackJack game for iOS. It's free even.

I'm going to check this Youtube link out later. However, a game where you shout at zombies sounds fun, and I think I'll add something like this to my list of projects, too. big_smile

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2012-03-22 13:30:50

If more voice controled games come on pc, I might actually have to buy another usb mike. I used to have one for skype, but it sort of died, and I was never a big skype fan anyway, ---- indeed at one point I had to remain invisible sinse if I was online random people would contact me.

If however voice controled games start to get made I'll have to look for another one, ---- and not one of those crummy headset jobbies either, a streight out usb mike with a stand so that the games sounds can come through speakers or headphones as normal.

2012-04-03 23:24:12

This sounds like a wierd version of swamp, just screaming at Zombies in stead of shooting them, and on IOS! LOL!
I seriously hope more voice controled games come to PC, indeed I would love to scream at zombies and blow off steam. LOL I can hear myself now:
You bloody zombies get out of my way or you're gonna get it!
But then again I already do that when playing left for dead.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce