2012-02-26 02:03:15

At death: I spent most of the testing on fixing problems in the content of the game itself, so it's possible that there is an index out of bounds problem in there that I missed. I'll try to hunt it down and destroy it soon.

At DD: There shouldn't be a bug that requires teleport in the first few stages. There should be an item in the F1 list that tells you whether to go left or right. There are a few places where there is no path, and you do need to be in the right place when you clear the enemies to continue (a teleport item helps a lot in these situations, but isn't entirely necessary). You shouldn't encounter one of those until... Hm, I don't think there's one until  the sixth level or so.
As for movelists...
I won't write full ones, but Here are a few:
Gotenks:
- back forward 1 = Volleyball attack
- back 2 1 = Spinning throw
- back forward 2 (while SSJ) = Ghost Kamikaze
- Down Back 1 (while SSJ) = SSJ3. In SSJ3, you don't have free reign to use all of your moves; instead you have two high-speed attacks; either a lot of ki blasts, or rushing in and punching a lot. I don't remember how to use which one, but they're both one button once you're SSJ3.
- Down Forward 1 = Galactic Donut
- forward 1 2 (while flying) = kamehameha in air.

Goti:
- Back 1 = aura burst. (It hits behind...?)
- Back forward 2 = ki tsunami (a quick continuous attack on the far sides of the area).
- 1 + 2 = power up, for what it's worth.
- Down back 2 (I think, maybe it was down back 1?) = Zanzoken. This doesn't seem to work as well as in the java version (which wasn't alarmingly useful in the first place), but he basically dashes around very quickly, kind of an evasive maneuver to get out of tight situations for a moment. It didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-02-26 05:40:05 (edited by hanif 2012-02-26 05:41:17)

hello, I have a question about dragonball and JFIMA.
1. in the dragonball game, I am stuck. how to deffiet nijam?
2. in the JFIMA game, I don't know what to do.
can you help me with this?
and also, can you fix the bug with planetseva vs. hirendil? I want to play it!

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2012-02-26 08:48:54

o m g, j f i m is so evil! I really don't know a thing what to do I know how to move, thoa. I don't know the following keystroaks.`
1: how to pick up objects.
2: how to attack.
3: how to crouch if you can.
in dragonball, I don't know how to.
1: crouch.
2: attacking.
please help now!

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2012-02-26 08:57:32

just a question, what does ghost kamikaze do? I've heard of it, but I can't place it
also, ssj3 doesn't seem to be working, but maybe that's just me not doing it right

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2012-02-26 10:26:57

Well, SSJ3 takes a lot of power; maybe you don't have enough when trying it?
Ghost Kamikaze is where Gotenks spits out "ghosts" that can fly around and such, and explode whenever they touch anything.

At connor: In DBGU, crouch by pressing down, or z, depending on which controls you're using. (Or if you've changed the configuration, whatever your down key is). Even forward and back can vary between characters in some instances, but down is always crouch if you aren't flying or transformed.
The JFIMA has a crouch button. The default is y for the letter-side controls, and numpad6 for the numpad-side controls.
You pick up items by crouching while standing over them.

Since absolutely no one seems capable of figuring out the first part of the JFIMA, I can only assume it to be because of design flaws. I'll try to give a quick walkthrough of how to get to the garage:

- Once you pick play game, press jump until you get through the first dialog and the music starts.
- Then press left or right so that you're selecting someone in the party, and press crouch to pick them.
- I'm going to suggest you hold the inventory/party button and press jump right away. This should get out your default weapon.
- You'll also want to go ahead and pick up that crystal that starts out right beside you. Generally, I start out picking CaeJ, equip the cane, then switch to JHWolf. So in this case, the crystal is one step to the right and one step up. Notice that if you don't immediately take a step when pressing a direction, it's because you're turning to face that direction. You can check your coordinates by looking through the F1 list until you find your character. Notice that the playable characters show up in that list twice, once for coordinates, and again for other information. THe F2 list tells you the coordinates of the items. Also, if you are within one step of an item and press guard, the name of the item should be spoken. Anyway, once your coordinates match those of the item, press crouch to pick it up. Don't try to equip it; it won't help. The crystals expand your inventory so that you can carry more items.
- Now, head right until you hit a wall. If you've fallen off of the sidewalk, you'll have to jump to get back onto it. Be sure that you're on the sidewalk, as otherwise you will probably get hit by a car. You can press F3 to hear in general where you are.
- On the sidewalk? Hit that wall? Ok, now head up. This is where you need to start paying attention to either the topography cues (if you didn't turn them off) or the camera. You want to turn right as soon as there is room to do so. You don't want to walk off the edge of the sidewalk. WHen the dropoff sound stops playing to your left, and starts getting louder in the center, that means you're within a few steps of the edge of the sidewalk. You can use the camera to check how many; just hold the camera button, press guard to bring it to you, and then press up until you hear the drop sound instead of the landing sound. You can check to your right as well, if you want to check the wall rather than just the sidewalk. There are two spaces of sidewalk between the front of the building and the road. It doesn't matter whether you turn at the part closer to the building or closer to the road.
- Once you have room to move right, move right! You'll come to a point where you have no choice but to step off of the sidewalk to advance, but luckily the alley that you have to cross doesn't have any cars. It does have a jerk, though, who will taunt you and will attack if you stand there and let him. Whichever character you aren't controlling will probably rush in and beat him up, but if you hurry you can join in.
- There are a couple more things in the alley, but eh, don't bother unless you've got the hang of navigating.
- You'll have to jump to get back onto the sidewalk. So once you bump into it, jump and tap right until you land on it. It might be hard to get the timing right at first (jump too soon and you haven't gone high enough; jump too late and you've fallen too far).
- Once on the sidewalk again, head to the right. If you've veered off course enough that you run into a wall, use the camera/topography cues to find your way around it.
- Once you hear the rats scurrying about and squeaking irritably, you've made it to the parking lot. Notice that rats are small, so you may want to do a crouching attack to hit them. Though your standing combo can usually connect at some point.
- There are multiple ways to get across this area, but if you're already south of theroad you've been following so far, you probably want to take the southern path. You can follow the sidewalk all the way down and to the right, then back up once you are at the edge of the map, and finally to the right once an opening appears there (you'll be off of the sidewalk at that point). However, you'll probably want to stop to collect some items along the way, and those are probably sitting on pylons that you might need to jump onto. I normally wind up walking between the parked cars and the sidewalk when going after the items, so wind up jumping over all of the pylons to continue. At one point a jerk will start yelling at you, but he'll probably get hit by a car, so ignore him and beware anything he drops, since getting it could put you in the path of a car as well.
- Yeah, let me explain how cars work. Unfortunately, you can't hear their exact positions; you hear the center of their area of effect. They usually move from left to right, and if they hit you it will be unpleasant. Generally, if you hear a car and want to cross its path, you should wait until the sound of the car stops, then hurry across before another shows up. Though, you could in theory have made it this far without having to cross traffic.

- If you've done things right so far, you'll be told that you've reached the garage. You're trying to reach the roof, though, so it's not quite over yet.
- If you came in at the very edge of the entrance, you might find yourself stuck in a corner. Just tap up a couple times to get out of that. Cars are driving in and out of the garage, so you want to stick close to the wall as you head to the right. pick up items if you so desire.
- Keep moving right until you hit the right side of the area, then head up. You should hear some slopes, if the cues are on. Keep heading up until you hit the north wall, then turn left and head that way. You should find your way to a ladder. If you jump but don't hear the sound of landing, that probably means you're climbing. You'll need to do this a few times before you reach the top.
- That ladder only takes you to the top floor of the garage, not the roof. Fortunately, there are no moving cars to worry about on the top floor. There are plenty of parked cars, though, which might be a bit annoying to try to make your way around. You might be able to jump onto the front or back of a parked car, but that's a bit tougher than jumping onto the sidewalk.
- There is a maintenance door in the middle of the north wall. A car is partly in front of it, so if you manage to make it around the cars and to that wall but can't find the door, give the camera a try, since the door sound will play when it hits a door.
- Once you are standing in front of the door, be sure to face it, then do an attack to open it. Keep in mind that some attacks with weapons will close it right away, but most of the time you'll be fine.
- With the door open, there will be a slope leading up and outside. Walk up until you hit another wall, and you should be in a short ladder. Jump until you reach the top of it, then start walking up. Check with F3 to make sure you're on the roof, if you're not sure. Just keep walking up, and something should happen...

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-02-26 12:14:56

huh, so I beat the imps, but now what, I don't know where i should be going

2012-02-26 13:08:14

CAE, when are you going to update. I am not rushing or anything, but I would really like to play these games without the bugs.

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. - Mark Twain

2012-02-26 14:42:04

hi.@gamedude.
there aren't that many bugs.
i would give it a go if i were you, you never know you might be plesently serprized. lol my spellling is bad.

I'm gone for real :)

2012-02-26 15:52:40

DD, the road block north of the parking lot is now open. That means there's a new area north of the parking lot. You can either make your way back down there through the garage, or you can take the quick way and jump off the roof, heh... though I'd suggest doing that from the northwest corner so as to increase your chances of landing safely.

I don't think I want to explain exactly what to do next, just to see if anyone can figure it out. I probably will have to explain it eventually, since it's not particularly obvious. But good luck for now. tongue

At Gamedude: I really have no idea... I want to see if any more bugs pop up before throwing up a patch for a couple small ones. Mostly because I want the version in the archive to have the corrections, but that's another 315 megs of dropbox bandwidth... Hmm.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-02-26 17:44:28

Hmm, when your party respawns in the JFIMA, everyone should be at their max HP.

As for DBGU... you looked at the f1 list, since you called it a High Path, right? One of the entries in that list tells you whether you need to go left or right to get to the next section. If you just fly to the right, you should pass that marker and get to the high path all at once.

Well, if nothing else, this certainly confirms I'm terrible at giving instruction, heh.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-02-26 19:38:43

yeah, but I don't know the j f i m key for inventory or party, and not the buton for attacking and picking objects up in j f i m. do you it the same as in d b g u?

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2012-02-26 21:09:40

um, its right in the first poste ...... ......

2012-02-28 03:20:15

Well, I suck at communication in general; it's no surprise that my games aren't turning out as intuitive as I had hoped.

When you say you got stuck in the basement, I'm curious as to when... since there is a time when you need to go there, and a time when you can-but-don't-have-to. If you're trying to find the way out, it's in the southwest corner, but at the top of the ramp, the entrance to which is in the northwest of the general basement area.
(I'm also going to recommend using the sword over the cane... it generally seems much easier to use.)

As for DBGU... the water isn't going to hurt you, heh. There are some more dangerous pits that happen to be wet, but there's only one of those in the intro, and it's small enough that you'll probably hop over it just by running at it. Something I should point out is that DBGU usually pretends to think about Dragonball mechanics, which equates to "things only hurt if plot or comedy dictates". So pits are much less dangerous than fire. (The thing about fire is that you probably won't hear it unless you're standing in it... but it doesn't do its damage all at once, so that's not as bad as it sounds).

... You know, I think GU is in need of some between-level cutscenes, though. I was about to mention one by name, when I realized that said name isn't mentioned in the game. yikes

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-02-28 06:47:38

lol bladestorm press up, and before you land down to fly if you're using gotenks, makes travel a lot faster
press back+1 to land, and you do a diving punch

2012-02-28 09:40:17

Going to the right should eventually have an effect. Hmm... I wonder if it would help if I made a recording of the first level?
(Hm, and getting out of the basement, while I'm at it. smile )

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-03-05 01:02:38

hi.
I'm stuck again in dbgu and JFIMA.
In some days ago, i'm playing dbgu, and stuck at 2-2.
How to open the portal?
And in the JFIMA, i'm stuck at the top fluor of the garage.
I went to the maintanance door, and i don't know what to do next.
What can i do in after openning the maintanance door?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,

2012-03-05 02:54:31

In DBGU, there is supposed to be a portal key that appears in the area. It should wind up in your inventory. Once you've beaten all the enemies, you should be able to use it to activate the portal.

In the JFIMA, when you open the maintenance door, you need to walk through it (north). You should walk onto a ladder. If you jump to the top of the ladder and keep walking north, you'll be on the roof.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-03-05 07:47:24

so I ran into a bug in DBGU with prevents me from passing a stage, I don't know exactlywhere though
its where there is no path, f1 says go <insert direction> but nothing happens, and teleport items don't work

2012-03-05 09:32:02

Unfortunately I'll need to know more than that, hahaha.

Although, if the portal key isn't showing up, I'll have to have a word with the code. That would be a very strange bug.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-03-09 08:28:59

hi.
I'm stuck in JFIMA.
After beating the imps, i go to the north south road, then go to the left, then i've beatten by the wave!
Are there any strategy to beat it?

2012-03-09 12:19:02

Beating Wave is actually a little trickier than just fighting.
... So much so that I'm going to post the explanation now.

s
p
o
i
l
e
r
You can't beat Wave by fighting. You have to damage him a bit, but that's only part of how you beat him.
In the northeast corner of the map, at the end of the road, you'll find some places where walking makes squishing sounds. That's because there's a lot of seaweed there. If you use the sword or cane to attack, you should be able to cut some of the seaweed loose.
You actually want to use the seaweed to trap Wave on the clocktower. When you equip the seaweed and press attack, you'll throw a lot of it out, all tintacle-like. If Wave is hit by it, he'll be stunned for a few seconds.
You want the end of the seaweed to hit the clocktower while Wave is tied up. This is the hard part.
It's best to stand a few steps away from the clocktower, face it, and hope that Wave moves into the path of the seaweed.
I was hesitant about making it this complicated from the beginning, but decided to go with it anyway.
Oh, and once you've successfully stuck Wave to the clocktower, seaweed becomes edible.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-03-16 16:12:18

hi cae_jones.
I am stuck again in JFIMA.
after beating the wave, and I talked to the student union, then go to the bank and talk to clerk, then I get the JF message, go to the garage basement, talk to the agent and he drop all my items in the jale sell, and I don't know what to do next!
I can't get any items that is dropped!
what can I do in the jale sell?

2012-03-17 00:08:41

You have to charge enough energy to break out of the jail cell.
When you hold guard, it slowly converts your mp into added strength (and when you release, it slowly returns to normal). This assuming you have enough mp, but if you don't, a few combos might help.
So power up enough and punch the south side of the jail cell.
Be quick to collect your items once you do that, though.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-03-24 03:57:19 (edited by hanif 2012-03-24 04:23:07)

hi.
I'm stuck again in JFIMA.
What can i do after beating the monsters in the temple and after breaking the forcefield? Do i needd to go to the cave and go to the planet?

2012-03-24 10:42:45

Yes.
There's something you need to find that will help you continue (hint: one of hte islands?).

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.