2012-02-19 15:58:03

Hello all
what have I done now! chuckles is what I feel like screaming right now and bash my laptop too,but ahem, the limited fungtioning which my brain has left suggests that would not be a good idea.
ahh, so what have I done. I was  bored and looking around in my pc,in the start menu etc and decided to do a system restore just because I hadn't done it before. now usually I have  better sence than that,but today's not my day I suppose
so here gos my system restore ,and I waited for like 5 minutes or more after I had heard the windos shutting down sound if I would have known that would be the last time I was hereing it,I would have payed atention! sobs.:d
so after the 5 minutes were over,I thought of calling someone with working eye balls to look at my machine,and they reported very cheerfully I might add that the home screen is on but no start menu or the desktop .after waiting for a while I did a manual shut down of my pc,that's by holding down the key with which I usually start my pc.
after that I started my pc again,and nothing for like 20 minutes, then the person with the working eye balls started a song on my pc to see if the speakers and other stuff were working fine. the song didn't start for a while,vlc and km player just sat there,reading the song file. after a little time, the song and jaws started on their own but no windows start up sounds,or the sounds which we here when we navigate through the folders and the webpages.
and when they try to increase the volume which is sort of not a button,but  a touch thingy above my keyboard with which one can increase decrease the volume and mute it as well, I got a dialog saying worning your audio device is not working properly,and a ok button
no sounds during the start up shutdown and all that too . any ideas on how one may solve this problem? would be awsome and would have my hmm,horse which I don't have right now,so a thanks will do,ey?
thanks bunches on any suggestions ideas or help in advance,grryf.
ps. I don't want to format this again!:d

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter