2012-01-25 04:41:39

So, as the subject line says, I'm thinking about doing some audio reviews. I want to know what's needed to record a game review, as well as tips and tricks for making a review. I also want to know how and where to upload them.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2012-01-25 09:16:00

Hi,
That sounds great. I don't know what games need doing, but you just need to upload them to dropbox or sendspace and then get the link. The
n, you put it in one of your posts here. Hope that makes sence big_smile

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2012-01-25 12:31:38 (edited by bcs993 2012-01-25 12:33:34)

Hi,
Having done some myself, I can give some suggestions.
First, you need stereo mix, that's, depending on if the game you want to review requires stereo sound, like swamp or any  side scrolers.
What I also do is to always keep the purpose of the review in mind: it's either to help potential players of the game, or to entertain.
Also, try to make your review interesting, and use humor sometimes where applicable. Talk about the game, and give your opinion. And, of course, make sure you're quite good at playing the game. smile
Another thing I sometimes do is, to ask someone to help out with it (on skype).
I feel that makes my review/walk through more lively and interesting.
And as Lauren said, make topics in the general game discussion where you post dropbox/sendspace links to your game reviews.
I hope this helps, and hope to hear a game review from you soon! smile

Brendan
-----
There is one rule above all others for being a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.
@bcs993 on twitter, feel free to follow!

2012-01-25 23:14:44 (edited by blindncool 2012-01-25 23:19:15)

Thanks. Where can I get stario miks? P.s, what do I use to record it? Do I need audacity or something?

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2012-01-26 00:19:43 (edited by bcs993 2012-01-26 00:26:56)

Hi.
Audacity is, I think, your best option.
I have a creative sound card, and therefore use creative media source player.
I can set my recording to "what you hear" to give me stereo mix.
If you use windows XP, I think you can set this in control pannel, under "sounds and audio devices". Look for the "audio" tab, then tab on until you hear "audio recording".
You can customize all your sound recording sources. If you use windows 7: I don't use it myself, never did and never will, but I'm trying to help someone to get stereo mix to work, and after a google search, I found that it's not necessarrally available with the defauld sound card.
I hope this helps, and makes sence.
As I said, since I use creative, I'm not very femiliar with all those settings, so chances are that I may be wrong.

Brendan
-----
There is one rule above all others for being a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.
@bcs993 on twitter, feel free to follow!