2012-01-13 10:33:04

hi.
today when i opened my computer, it would give a blip sound in the cpu , preety thin one, and then an error will show up.
it something like this
motherboard systems...

copywright intel, - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- processor, - ram, - pentium,
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
legacy keyboard detected, legacy mouse detected, legacy USB enabled,
- - - - - - - -
error in a: drive  - - - - - -
press () f4 to resume.
---end

after that, windows logged on normally, but!
time, january 1, 2006!

ah, i couldnt find a possible solution of this error, and it occurs each time after opening the comp.

and also note that those - were just a series of numbers and stuff since i couldnt remember each thing told me by the sighted...

regards,

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2012-01-13 13:03:39

Hi. Sounds like your motherboard battery needs to be replaced, but I'm not sure though. This is the only solution I can come up with though since your comp has forgot  the time

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2012-01-13 13:40:21

hi.
after i set the time correct.
i restarted the comp, same error, but no problems with time this time.

any possible conclusion are there any dangers with this error?

because at this stage i dont want to loose my windows stuff if it happens.

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2012-01-13 14:20:37

Try turning off your computer and turn off the power for 10 minutes and see if it remembers the time. I don't know what else can cause this issue since your harddrive seems to work as it should.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2012-01-13 15:49:26

If you have a way to back up your stuff, I'd suggest you look into it, just in case.
Which... reminds me that I haven't backed up my stuff in several months. _really_ need to do that.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-01-13 16:36:05

hi.
i've done everything possible to back up my stuff, most of it is in the d and e drives though.

any other possible conclusions and recommendations?

2012-01-13 18:57:46

Hi.
couldn't you go to somewhere like pc world to see if you can explain it to them to fix it.
sorry if that is a bad serjestion but that is all i can think of. oh yeah and back up your files and folders! maybe on to an extornal hardrive it will help a lot.

I'm gone for real :)

2012-01-14 01:06:35

Hello there,

Try restoring your BIOS settings to their default values. Accessing the BIOS settings varies depending on which computer you are using; however the thing that you would do is 'pressing a certain key' like INSERT, F2 etc just during your computer boots up. After you have successfully entered the setup screen you will be presented some settings related to your computer. Look for some menu item that says something like 'Restore Defaults', 'Load the Optimal Settings' etc and then activate it. To save the settings and exit the BIOS setup screen, choose the appropriate command from the menu; otherwise the settings will be lost.

If restoring the BIOS settings does not solve the problem, then your computer should've been encountering some hardware failure.

Standing by the window, eyes upon the moon,
Hoping that the memory will leave her spirit soon.

2012-01-14 01:45:04

hi very off topic but spledid thought where did you get your signicher from? i like it.

I'm gone for real :)

2012-01-14 03:12:34

Hello, Brad,

My signature contains a couplet from a song called 'Wait for Sleep' from Dream Theater. Glad that you like it.

Standing by the window, eyes upon the moon,
Hoping that the memory will leave her spirit soon.

2012-01-14 15:18:16

hi.
well, software people charge "money", sometimes its way on top.

and i dont think my parents want to call any person now, because they want an alternative excuse that computer is not working at all, lol.

well for now, as soon as the comp is oppened, i get the error which says press () f4 to resume, and i'm using windows xp 23 bit, when should i press what to check bios settings?
and if the bios setting are lost or something wrong happens, what would it cause my computer ?
or if something really nasty happens because of the board failure, would my d and e drives be safe? or they are in danger as well.

i'm very anxious...!

2012-01-20 16:09:54

sorry for doulbe posting but,
i'm getting into a rather immergency.

its quite a while when opening the computer would give errors each time, but now its hardly opens.

i get some dialogue or something about intel desktop boards written above, and something to do with bios and stuff.
and when i press f4 to get into setup screen for bios, there are a lot of options and i'm really scared what should i do at this stage.
because neither do i want to loose any stuff, nor do i want to disturb my current bios settings, i dont know what wrong might happen at any moment while messing with those bios settings.
if it had been a software issue, things were not going to be too complex, but its all about hardware, so if my bios settings are messed up, i think i'm in a risk of loosing my computer, whole data, even d and e drives, however, i'm not sure though.

so any suggestion and serious advices on what to do?

note i'm using windows xp sp3 32 bit.

sid!

2012-01-24 16:16:30

the issue is getting more worse than before,
yesterday i got an error when i opened internet explorer after starting thecomputer.
it was something like this , microsoft visual studio c++ library error, the programme has requested to terminate or blah blah blah blah, abort, retry, and ignore were the option, and none other than abort would calm down this error, they would make it repeat over and over again.

the same problem was with mozillah foxfire.

any advices?

and my concerns are mostly to do with my storage in d and e drives, so any possible suggestions?

note, here is what i've to do to open up the comp safely...
switch on .
a dialogue, press f4 for the setup.
f4 pressed.
bios setup , etc.
f10 to save and exit,
then enter,
and then it opens slowly somehow.
and each time i open it, the time is january 1, 2006 12 AM.

I hope that my computer is not in a condition to be send to an old equipment recycling store? lol.

2012-01-25 15:01:48

Dude, backup all your important stuff and then reinstall yur windows to see if that helps. I can't tell if this is a bios error, hardware error or a windows thing.

Best regards SLJ.

2012-01-28 02:01:21

The sytem drive is C correct? The information on drives D and E drives are safe. A complaint about microsoft visual studio c++ library error is probably an indication of a missing file .  The files for Visual Studio are in two setup packages: Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package and Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package. Get these setup packages and install. I have the packages if you need them. Regards, Chess Dave

2012-01-28 09:55:25

hi chess.
thanks for your suggestion anyways, but that library error doesnt seem to occur anymore.
but the main concern is that the board related errors i get
first i have to press f4 to get into bios setup every time i open the computer, and then i have to press f10 to save and exit, and then enter, and then f4 again to resume, and then it opens up, with the time january 1, 2006.

you know, for example, if i turn off the computer, and open it again, the time would go in past no matter how many times i set it to date.

not only time, but i'm worried that it might effect in other matters though,

2012-01-28 13:02:04

Hello Sid, It is possible the little battery on the board is dead. Check all the physical connections on the board and the drive and the mouse and the keyboard. Is the computer a laptop or a desktop please? David

2012-01-29 05:37:47

Hi Sid,
I think you may have to reinstall windows, or worst case senario you may have to send it in for repare, because I think this may very well be a hardware error. Well, better back up your important stuff.
best regards,
Jack

2012-01-29 10:57:42 (edited by sid512 2012-01-31 14:34:23)

hi,

what exactly do you mean by checking all physical connections?
as for the connections of the cpu, all of them, keyboard, mouse, moniter, and every possible plug is correct.

i'm using a desktop, windows xp sp3 32 bit, 1 gb ram aprox, 2.80 ghz processor, intel.

and as far as my memory recalls, the board is placed inside the cpu?

what exactly the problem might be?

although my important stuff is saved in d and e drives, there is no posible way to back up them to an external source, because i cant place somewhat 20 gb in a cd with around 600 mb capacity, or neither i could place them into pen drives with around 4 gb capacity.

and this is occuring every time the computer is oppened.

2012-01-31 10:05:24

Sid: I'll highly recommend you to buy an external harddrive, so you could backup 1000 gb if you ever needs to. smile 20 gb isn't that much.
Sounds like that your harddrive have some seriusly issues.  It seems as you're having boot issues. I'll recommend you to get an external harddrive as soon as possible and backup up your important data. You might get a harddrive crash very soon! Replacing a harddrive in a desctop computer is very easy, of course only if you know what you're doing.
Please, stop making fun of Elluquence. that makes me think that you're not taking this topic very seriusly!

Best regards SLJ.

2012-01-31 14:38:32 (edited by sid512 2012-01-31 14:40:37)

hi slj
sorry for the eloquence thing, i'm really serious with this topic.

and, i've no idea whether an external hardrive is available anywhere near my locality or not, since i tried at looking at 4 or 5 nearby shops, but no luck.

or if it is available somewhere, it might be very expensive as 1 dollar is equalt to more then 50 indian rupees.

but at first i'm not able to find an external harddrive near by though.

and again for reference, i get this type of error.

legacy keyboard detected, legacy mouse detected, legacy usb detected, error in drive a:
press f4 to resume.

hence there is no drive named a in my computers folder...

and many times i get the bios setup screen, but saving and exiting is not usefull since i get those at every startup often.

regards

2012-01-31 23:30:20

Hi,
Then send your computer in and have them repare it. You may not have your computer for about 2 weeks while they analize it, my hp xp machine took about 2 weeks to get repared. So, better back up all your files right now so your data doesn't get lost. And I mean now or as soon as you can before your computer gets ruined.
best regards,
Jack

2012-02-01 02:18:53

Hi

Hmmm, if it's a detection issue, i don't know.
I don't know if this works on xp, or if xp even has this feature, but i'm wondering myself.
If you press f8 while your computer starts, you can choose to do a system recovery like in windows 7. It will restore your computer back to factory settings though you'll have to have sighted assistence and back up your stuff.
The f8 thing might not be the right key, but i'm thinking of doing it myself on this tosheba xp laptop to see if my science invasion related sound errors go away.
You can try that, but I havn't tested it myself so I don't know how it works. I think it's either f8 or f11. Press it as the pc is turning on.
This is just 1 suggestion, but it may very well be a hardware issue.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2012-02-02 15:19:38

yeah, now so far the problem is still continuing, i would get an computer repair called because there is about a month left for my exams, and i dont want the things to be quite unpredictable during those days.