2012-01-06 15:14:41

Hi,
Lol..my sinister shift key.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2012-01-07 00:01:30

Interesting topic, and also interesting to see what people's thoughts are.

I'll give my top ten, but personally I'm not counting muds like alteraeon or materiamagica, or brouser games.

10: pinball extreme. Great sounds, and wonderful for a quick blast, what an arcade game should be.

9: Pipe 2. best of the bsc games imho, lots to do and great for taking time.

8: Q9. Funny character, nice sounds, and action gameplay pluss good difficulty on different levels.

7: blind adrenaline cardroom. Awsome for tournaments and other play, with lots of fun stuff and well worked out keys.

6: Time of conflict. Already a fantastic stratogy game and likely to get even better soon.

5: Lunimals. Great stratogy game with interesting missions, the only reason it's not higher is that castaways beat it.

4:  Sarah. lovely adventure game with harry potter. A litle complicated to just pickup and play, but great once you get into it.

3: Shades of doom. My first audio game, and stil awsome even after all this time.

2: Castaways. One of my favourite games produced recently, a truly single player stratogy with great randomized gameplay.

1: Entombed. Stil unbeaten as audio game with largest amount of randomization, pluss is stil the only audio turn based rpg (airik is an action rpg obviously).

Of course this list is! subject to change. I've not really had enough time with swamp yet to see the latest chagnes, though i suspect that will end up in there too, and the last time I played sikum jidai and mario they were a trifle buggy and struck me as a litle beta-ish, I'm also not including perilous hearts sinse it's just a concept demo, though I suspect that will change things, and as for mota, well again I'm waiting to see where that one goes. I've not tried the new version of sound rts, though there I'm stil! waiting for some good single player missions myself.

One nice thing though is that people's lists have changed quite a lot sinse the last time we had this sort of discussion, which certainly shows audio games are moving on very nicely.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2012-01-07 18:04:48

oh these are cool

i myself enjoy these kind of topics..

anyway.. what is world war game? i have never heard of it.. can someone guide me to it by shooting a link?
thanks.

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2012-01-07 18:45:03

I think this is the thread: http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.php?id=6798

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-01-08 23:25:01

Hi,
Ok, it's my turn, it's time for my list of what I believe to be the most cignificant Audiogames, not necessarily in order of playability or anything, but there's a list nonetheless:
1. At the moment, it's bokurano daibowken 2. Sure, it's not in english, but the fact that people have played, and with some help from the developer, are progressing through this game, is very nice to see. The fact that I've played for around 10 hours and only got to stage 5 out of 25 also says something, this is a very worthy audiogame even if I can't understand the story, the content is more than enough: everything from the usual guys that take a few hits like a human, to enemy generators that keep spawning stuff until they are destroyed, to robots that fire missiles, to ones that fire weird cannony type things, and I'm not even half way through the game! And don't even get me started on erion showing me the UFO battle.
2. Perilous Hearts: While not released as a full game, this shows the potential of where audiogames should be going. This has a very mainstream quality about it, the way the cut scenes merge with the levels, the sounds within the levels, the artificial intelegence of the creatures, to the ability to climb on objects not just to progress, but as an alternate way to move around levels, the in-game store being the substitute for difficulty levels, and other stuff that I'm probably forgetting.
3. Mota: again it's not complete but so what, this game is still great. A sort of mazy side scroller with modern weapons combined with ancient enemies is always fun.
The rest is a bit iffy but I'll list some games that I like.
4. Top Speed 3: this one was the first audiogame which, in it's second incarnation, gave the blind community a place to put Downloadable Content for it much like in mainstream games, in the form of user submitted cars and tracks. It got rather expansive at the time, until the community site got shutdown. Now it leaves a legacy which I am still waiting for another game to bring, in whichever genre. It's this fact that keeps me coming back to this one because it can always expand.
5. Judgment day, tied with world of war: judgment day being the first game to introduce trophies to the audiogame market, and world of war extending that even more with over 60 of the things to collect.
6. Shades of Doom: I keep coming back to this sometimes. It still has an atmosphere about it after all these years.
7. Entombed: I haven't played this for a long time but this is still one of the longest audiogames out there. Very clever use of ambience for a navigation aide too.
8. Troopanum 2. I still think this one is one of the best space invader games. It's rather old now, yes, but seriously there's nothing like going after vector once in a while.
9. Battle Zone: the game that in my opinion really showed what bgt could do, sort of, or was rather, the first serious attempt from another developer. I still can't believe that the topic got to around 50 pages and went on for months!
10. Swamp. This had to be in there, but I think I might tie it with damage extreme. Damage extreme for the difficulty and again, a sort of mainstream quality about it, random menues and other little quirks, and as for swamp... One word: revolution! This is the power of freebies, the power of what a dev can really do, and the way that shows audiogames are moving on from their more traditional routes and is going very mainstream like, with mouse being used as the primary method of gameplay.
I know, these were in a bit of a weird order, but those are ten games that I still find very cignificant. I forgot loads like q9 and super liam, but those have also stood the test of time.
TDV should be there somewhere too but this is now looking like a top 20, so I'll stop here.
Regards,
Aaron

2012-01-09 02:22:29 (edited by Nocturnus 2012-01-09 02:27:28)

Hmmm, methinks this looks like fun, so I'll have a shot.

These are the games I remember playing and that truly impacted me in 2011.

10.  Night of Parasite: the further you go, the less sure you are that what you're doing is the right thing.
9. Playroom, 1000 miles: I've played in teams and with none and liked both concepts.
8. RSGames, Yahtzee: it's pointless, it's impossible to ensure you win, and it's maddening at times, and all of this is what keeps me coming back.  When you've got close friends, you'll definitely want to try and convince them to play this one with you.
7. Super Liam: flying fireballs, robodogs, mutated rats, and a complicated final boss, all in a fairly simple and easy to operate sidescroller.
6.  Q9:  club one, club em all!  Throw rocks, and hope you don't get chomped on by those mad bears!  Jump, little alien, and good luck going home!
5.  Sound RTS: I actually threw together a few campagne maps, but deleted them because I felt I did a clunky job at putting them together.
4.  GMA Tank Commander: sector five was perhaps the hardest bit, with rockets coming at you unexpectedly, but I finally got through.  Hurray for endless hours of mindblasting craziness and projectiles!
3.  Lunimals: make a million by feeding grass and moss to little critters, and little critters to bigger critters!  Watch the hands of time, for they can play tricks on you!
2. Castaways: goblins, yeti, and whoreds of undead!  Even in its first incarnation, the game was superb and had me playing for 12 hours straight!

And finally, the game of games in Nocturnus's list, the winner of the pack, the game that made the number one slot that all the others failed to grab...

Drum roll please!

ENTOMBED:

When first purchased in 2010, I knew I had made a great choice.  I would come to this website during the beginning of that year and find a new update in the news archive, and Dark would be at it again, raving about how great the game was, and near about to drive me up the wall with it.  And I'm glad for that, because after I'd had enough of that, I decided I'd go try the game for myself and see what he was on about.  It was here that I learned to trust his judgement on games, for even when I had played games on mainstream consoles, I had never been so involved and lost track of time completely.  An hour would come, and go, and then another, and another, and I'd still not even gotten close to completeing the second level, because at the time, we didn't have the pets to help us, and I think enemies were a little more powerful than they are now, but I was thrilled nevertheless.  Some 16 hours later, it occurs to me that I've probably been playing for at least 12 hours and have made no progress, and that because of my endless hours of mindless fun, I needed to just call it quits, go to bed and ask for advice on how to beat it later on the forums, but before I could ask, a new version was released which took care of many of the problems I'd been having.  The game became fun in a new way.  I was able to make progress.  Today, it is still the game I go back to most often, for even though there has been no truly significant change, the game changes with every session on its own by offering you more creatures to explore and secret items to uncover.  The dungeons are never quite the same, so you can be sure of nothing except that the bosses you will face.  The quests can be rather challenging, and the outcome of certain spells is never certain, reincarnation, for instance.

As many have said, these lists are subject to change.  I have found myself focussing less and less on games that require immense ear coordination as I haven't the greatest of hearing anymore.  It took a couple of shots at swamp to clinch that for me.  It is a sad thing to know that I will never truly get the full effect of games like World of War and swamp because of it, but it is what it is.

Happy gaming, peeps, and keep those lists coming!

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2012-01-22 17:03:00

Hello, for me, the top ten list of my favorite game is as follow:
1. Three-D Velocity, since it has very unique story cut scene with high quality.
2. Q9 Action game, good acting and high quality of audio cut scene.
3. Shade of Doom, very fast and reflexible.
4. GMA Tank Commander, a lot of fun in war tank similation
5. Judgement day, Lots of challenge to find trophies.
6. Superliam, lots of level, and good movie cut scene.
7. Entomb, enjoyable for plenties of hours, and multiple dungeons path to explore.
8. Perilous heart, Enjoyable, but the player attack very slow.
9. Treasure hunt, enjoyable, but the weapons, example, laser, have no measurement range, and the ending sequent is not good.
10. Monkey business, I haven't finished it yet.
Thank you for your reading my opinion.

2012-01-22 18:14:18

hi. my top 10.

operacion black square
worl of war
GMA tank comander
perols hearts
swamp
shades of dunes
3D velocity
kurt wolf
damage extreme
top speed 3

thanks.

2012-01-22 20:28:21

wow, shades of dunes, another epic typo. I can just imagine.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2012-01-22 21:45:08

Hi,

Now I got a name for another one of my upcoming titles! Whirl of war! big_smile

I was wondering when someone'd mention me, but that someone'd class me as one with a number one game? Sweet!
Time to compile a top 10 list of my own. I'm a weird gamer, so this could be interesting!

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2012-02-03 02:31:35

1. sonic
2. mario
3. battle zone (especially the humerous dialog!)
4. alter aeon
5. kleft of demention
6. dangerous waters (when it was leaked onto my friends ftp I nearly banged my head in shock)
7. mission b
8. alions attack (I would have rated it higher if the full version was rheliced faster)
9. q9 (hate how your save data gets destroyed when you get a game over! That's so fucking anoying!)
and the last place is spared for my upcoming remake of miner2049er!

you have died of disintary.

2012-05-23 09:03:09

Let's bring this topic back to life! big_smile
Here's my top10:

1. Swamp - So far it's one, of the greatest audio games I've tried, if only the maps had more ambience.
2. SOD - It was the first game I tried, so it is kinda special
3. SEH - I love small, simple games
4. TS3 - I've spent lots of hours on it, it's just great
5. Entombed - Cool, but not my favorit
6. JD - Fun if you just want some quick action
7. Play Room - The chess game is great, even if it maybe has some bugs, and domeno can be fun too
8. Magic Blocks - Not Tetris, but close enough for me to like it
9. Egg Hunt - It's old, but it's one of the first games I tried
10. SCW - Full of bugs, but still fun to play if you're bored

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2012-05-23 10:23:58

Oh, why not!

1.  playroom 1000miles: rage and I play all the time.
2.  Torn city, when I'm not doing 1000miles.
3.  Entombed: still up on my list of important games, but overplayed.
4.  LOGD; useless, but still fun because of its uselessness, if that makes any sense.
5.  Swamp; I have a love hate relationship with it.
6.  Super Mario, the audio Version
7.  RSGames Yahtzee
8.  Pretty much anything on the kitchensinc roster
9.  I don't really play anything else.
10.  Pretty much as 9, except with one little added thing, I don't really play anything else else.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2012-05-23 10:46:25

Lol! I love 9 and 10, I maybe should play those two a bit more... big_smile

2012-05-23 11:31:30

I should have mentioned that I'm doing extensive research with SengokuJidai, hope to have the entry for it by tomorrow so I can focus on something else... I have no life, so this databass should be packed full of games already!  lol

My problem is that I'm being a bit too selective about what I want to include while trying to keep it a databass entry and not a readme on the game.  smile

2012-05-23 11:34:02

Heh, long descriptions can be quite nice if they're written well, so... Hmm... Think I have the same problem about books, I can't really write something short about them, either it's too short or a full summary of the text... Lol!

2012-05-23 12:08:56

Interesting list nocturnus, though if nothing else other than your db job you might want to play 9 and 10 a little less :d.

I'd not included brouser games or muds in my list, so I'll make a separate topic for them, sinse that could also be an interesting discussion.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2012-05-23 12:30:56

@Dark
What I need to do is sign up to the audici mailing list thing since there's a lot of discussion concerning games out there; while I don't mind going through the new releases room to try new games, it seems that you always find a few things I never would have even heard of until you post about them.  ON the other hand, I am proud of my discovery of audio archery after hearing that Liam was up to something with IOS and game development; so many devs with ideas, and I don't even know where to start!

2012-05-23 12:41:36

Well that was the intention of the new releases room, to make new releases easier to find. Some of the stuff I report in the news I do get from audeasy, others I just run across wandering the net, or are related to projects I'm involved with myself, like the news about Eamon.

Really though it's just a matter of trying many things and being receptive to what is out there.

For example, while I really like jim kitchin's games, I'd say the spoonbill ones are equally well put together, indeed in the cases where they have produced a similar title such as bg brainiac and concentration, or jim's mastermind and bg mastermind, I actually think Ian probably has the edge there, though I like Jim's yachtzee better than the spoonbill one, ---- though on the other hand none of his games have the ability for players to make their own content for them, and all of Ian's games are specifically traditiona ones like cribbage and poker, albeit very well put together examples of such games, where as jim has obviously branched out into other games like arcade games, sport games, stratogy games and,---- well yes adult games too.

2012-05-23 12:59:16

I guess I need to go ahunting a little more often; goodness, where has my adventure streak gone?  smile

I shall find at least one game before the end of the summer, and that is final!  lol

I feel like I'm so behind everywhere though; I just now found out that Jim actually released yet another adlt oriented game about a month ago browsing through the DB and trying to figure out what already had entries and what didn't so I could avoid writing yet another entry; this is where my hiding under rocks got me; part of it is Swamp's fault too.  :d

2012-05-23 14:02:04

hi.
my top 10.
my number one, will have to go to   race  way, knowing that wend go out will be the best race game.
mota
Perilous hearts.
tank comander.
0 Sight
3d-velocity
operacion black square.
swamp
shades of doom.
world of war.

2012-05-23 19:33:23

Interesting choice on raceway as number one, sinse we've not seen anything of that game as yet.

@nocturnus, trying games is always a good thing. Back in 2006 when i discovered audio games existed, I tried everything I could lay my hands on, indeed probably all the playable games in the db at that time (which was admitedly about a quarter the size it is now), and even got some surprises when games that I didn't initially like the sound of proved to be pretty good once I gave them a go.

I'd advise anyone to do this, but still more for making db entries, sinse the more you know about audio games generally, what is available, what has been tried etc, the more coherently you can write about stuff.

I will confess my games playing has fallen off a bit of late, mostly due to working on my thesis, though I still try to give new offerings a going over when I can.

2012-05-23 22:05:39

hi, dark.
I can explain.
I'll give an example of me making sure the race will be the best way racing game.
all who have played the game mota / misterious of the Ancients, know very well the   excellence and quality that the game   has on all aspects of programming.
I myself never understood why a game with such high quality that has not passed the beta.
I know of some reasons, but I find it hard to believe truly what motivated him  mota to temple of life.

I also know the other games of that company, to me, are simply wonderful the best I've seen in audio  gaming .
the thomas / USAgames has proven to all of the people the quality   their games.
by these facts, I think nobody doubts that will be the best racing game.
I personally am waiting for the company - USA games, these two games releases USA-race  WAY AND TEMPLE OF LIFE.
I'm crazy to put my hands on these games.
To me, he is the best gaming audio programmer I've ever seen on this forum.
I know that the people of this forum will not give me credit in the words that I speak for not write English well, but I'm sure everyone has awareness of these facts
 mentioned above.
long life to the USA - GAMES.

2012-05-24 00:20:48

No problem with your english Mario, and I think Tom would be pleased to here that.

I agree that his games have great potential, however currently I am rather concerned over them being finished. Yes, mota has had it's false starts, changes of language, rewrites of the engine, that stuipd lawsuit and everything else, to the point that poor old Tom is feeling burned out with the project and has put in a good amount of time, but hasn't actually produced a major quantity of playable material.

While I don't doubt Tom's dedication, or his ability, it feels sometimes as if he is too much a perfectionist, and spends so much time geting the code just! right, that the actual production of a quantitive body of work suffers a little.

I'm on the Usa games testers list, and while I can't divulge what he's working on now, it does indeed sound absolutely amazing, I just really hope he can finally get something finished, done, dusted and out of the door.

this is why I'm a little scheptical of raceway. If tom made the game, I'm pretty certain it would be great, but how much time he's spent on actually creating the game rather than doing a lot of back stage work I don't know.

As I said, this isn't to knock Usa games or Tom's work, I appreciate both, I just do sometimes feel a little frustrated with the lack of anything concrete to play, and yet another! revision of the code.

hopefully this will change in the future though, and eventually we'll see some awesome games fnished, still, i wouldn't put any prospective projects on a top ten list myself, sinse who knows when they will materialize.

2012-05-24 01:39:06

dark.   you're right.
sometimes try to do the thinks   perfectly, we do not always give good results .

But I believe he must have taken good lessons from the past.
I think this time will make things   like  to be made.
thanks dark.
regards.