2011-12-23 09:08:12 (edited by fatih 2011-12-23 09:18:07)

it says:
Error 31 in line -1. Please , help me!
And when I say ok, it gives a runtime error. Sorry for the off topic but can you explain how to bring the dialog to the vertual viewer for copying and pasting in jaws 13?

2011-12-23 09:44:01 (edited by brad 2011-12-23 13:18:53)

Hi.
thanks for the links.
i bet this game is great.
i downloaded it and run the play.exe and got an error. the same one that someone mentioned on this fred.

I'm gone for real :)

2011-12-23 09:45:35

oh yeah didn't someone say they where going to make a tutiral about the first of this game?
if so could they post the game and when they are finished with making the tutiral then could they post that to?
thanks.

2011-12-23 10:47:17

Hi.
i download the game but when i try to intstal it i get aabout 99 persent of the way and then come up with an error.
sorry i can't post the error.
i am running xp.
i am going to try it on vister to see if itmakes a difference. i don't think it will buti will see.
oh yeah i am using nvda so if somoene could tell me how to post the error useing nvda cerser or somethign that would be good.

2011-12-23 12:02:22

I found a website for recovering Japanese text that has been scrambled due to encoding issues.
But it's in Japanese.
http://www.kanzaki.com/docs/jis-recover.html
I need to learn how to use NVDA's custom dictionaries so I can teach it Japanese characters...

Thanks to everyone; I've got sapi running and got to 1-4. smile

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-12-23 12:08:45

hi.
i notested that play.exe wasn't in the folder when i looked. i think that is what the error is about.
i tryed pasting the patch.exe but still the error.
could someone help?

2011-12-23 13:19:08

am i missing something  here?
we're talking about a game, yet i see no  link for it in the first post...

2011-12-23 13:30:55

THe link can be found in this post:

yukionozawa wrote:

Hi, brad.
This game is http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10243904/nn2_setUp.exe
A small English patch is http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10243904/play.exe

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-12-23 13:30:59

Sorry robla.
I'll edit my first post and add links.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2011-12-23 13:42:30

hi.
who can play the game?
i mean if you can play the game are you using xp or vister? and are there other settings you nead to do so you don't get errors?
i realy want to play this game.
thanks

2011-12-23 14:14:08

I'm using Vista. I've gotten a few errors, but they're pretty rare.

Maybe you're having trouble with the setup application, since the installation is in Japanese?
There were a few buttons in the first page of the installation wizard. One of them has "b" somewhere in the Japanese (I think that's "browse..."). Another button has only two characters (nvda says "??"), and another has several. I think I picked the one with two caracters.
And tried pressing alt+n / alt+f whenever I was unsure. tongue
For me, the game is installed to c:\nyanchangame\.
The folder that the game is in is labeled in Japanese, so it will probably be scrambled by windows if your encoding isn't set to support it. That's ok, you can still access the folder. Inside is "play.exe". Just run it.

I know there is a way to copy the error messages you're getting using the nvda cursor, but I'm not sure what it is.
Hmm, a quick look with input help tells me that you use the nvda key (insert or caps lock, or whatever you have it set as) and f9 to mark where you want to start copying, then use nvda+f10 to copy the text. Which review method you'd use for this, though, I don't know...

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-12-23 14:41:56

In instalation screen, just press enter to install the game. You don't have to press tab key.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2011-12-23 14:46:05

I'm so confused. All I hear is something rolling back and forth across the screen, and I press enter when it's near me.. SOmething happens, but I don't know what. I can't swing any weapons with the spacebar, or nothing..
Also, it appears for me at least, that the only thing in English is the main menu. I had to press enter about 20 times before the game actually started, and it was all in Japanese.. I have no idea what I'm doing, can someone please help?

Thanks.

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2011-12-23 14:47:09 (edited by mr.brunete 2011-12-23 14:49:49)

Hi all, give me a little time and i will post a tutorial, from installing the game, to gameplay and notes.
some info that I discovered for those who can play the game.
to increase your ealth meter: for this, i will asume that the tutorial stages, are stages 0,0. 0,1 etc.
after you complete the stage 1,4, ovbiously you can move to stage 2,1. but if you go back to stage 1, you will see another option in the list, after 1,4. this is a shop. you have various options there. the first one is to increase ealth. when you select the first option, you can select the amounth of ealth that you want to increase. 1., 2, 3, 4, etc. this depends of your current money of course.
the 3rd option, i think, not shure, that is for buying a weapon. i have actually a 4th weapon, one that don't causes much damage but knockbacks the enemies.
finally, another good thing is. the posibility to asign 2 weapons to the numbers 1 and 2. this way you can change weapons fast, it's really usseful later.
to do it, follow these steps:
pres tab key, then, down arrow 4 times. you will see 2 options. the first one is for assigning a weapon to number1, the second, for number 2. after selecting one of the two, you will see the weapon list. select one, and that one will be asigned to the corresponding number.
Hope it helps.
edit: when you kill an enemy, he says "kuzooo", that word is some short of danm or similar?. i've heard it in several games haha.

bokura no daibouken 2 by yukionozawa. installer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 … _setup.exe
bokura no daiboukenn 3 by yukionozawa. download page:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/softs/nn3.html

2011-12-23 15:14:14

Yeah, but I think the "profane-ness" is a bit merky between languages. People can shout "Kuso!" in Japanese cartoons aimed at children, but you can't shout "damn!" in most English-language cartoons aimed at children.
So, yeah. Translating profanity and similar things is difficult because of the cultural context. "Baka" means something like "stupid". Appending "tare" and "yaro" nominalize things, so "bakatare" would be like "idiot", and "bakayaro" would be like "stupid bastard". Similarly, "kuzutare" would be like "scumbag", and "kuzuyaro" would be like "piece of shit". But if the overall context makes it abundantly clear that the most literal translation would be ridiculous in the context of the target language, then I would definitely be ok with a translation that preserves the meaning of the insult without the PG13-or-higher rating. wink
Though, for me Kuso is practically its own word, kind of an intermediate between "dang" and "damn", that I find myself hissing whenever something unpleasant happens while walking somewhere. I have no idea why this extremely specific context happened, only that when I plunged my foot into a pool of icy water, the first thing to spring to mind was "Kusssoooo...!".

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-12-23 15:39:54

that's an excellent explaination cae!. now i can say "kusooo" myself, i'm trying to level up, surviving in stage 3 is a very hard thing!!. i wan't a rocketto!! or something grrrr!. well, jokes apart, the game is challenging, very challenging actually. i've collected alot of money, killed countless enemies, to finally being killed mercilessly!. too much on the screen. kusoo x 10!.

bokura no daibouken 2 by yukionozawa. installer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 … _setup.exe
bokura no daiboukenn 3 by yukionozawa. download page:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/softs/nn3.html

2011-12-23 16:12:08 (edited by CAE_Jones 2011-12-23 16:42:28)

Thanks for the explanation on the shop. I'm having a hard time with 2-1... by the second bit of ammo there were too many enemies coming in for me to reach it. Extra health will definitely come in handy.

[edit] Hmm. On 2-4.
Is it even worth trying to kill the water blasting creatures? They seem killable, but it takes so many hits I don't know if it's worth trying...
[/edit]

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-12-23 19:08:38

hi.
i got the game working.
i am goingto turnsapi of becasue it kind of anoys me.
this game is very very fun!

2011-12-23 19:13:45

Yeah, I honestly just try and run past everything in that stage, still haven't beaten it lol. I found myself grinding money on 2-2, the one with tons of those little things that die in one hit to the hammer and nothing else.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2011-12-23 19:35:57

hi.
i am on 2-1 what do you do there?
it is after the cars andballs and other thing.
it is after the stage where you open all those doors and smash the ball and car and other thing.
haha i really like this game.

2011-12-23 19:54:40

Hi.
i figgered out what you do.
i won't rite here again. an less i am really stuck. lol.
great game. i am on 2-3 where you are in the house moving things around.

2011-12-23 20:00:09

I think stage2 is a journey of some kind, so you mostly just kill everything and grab all the items and get to the exit.

I think it takes five shots with the projectiles to equal one hit with the hammer. I'm not sure about the club, since I stopped using it as soon as I got the hammer. (Is there any use for it after that?)

I don't have any idea what the various enemies are, so I'll try to describe them. XD.

There are the high-pitched things that sound like some sort of adorable bouncing little creature. They hardly do any damage when they hit you, and I think they have 3 hit points (3 pachinko, or 1 hammer strike will kill them).
The walking enemies with the male voice are much more dangerous; one hit from them does 30 damage! They are slow, though. It takes 5 hammer strikes (25 pachinko) to beat them. Don't stand still and fight them with the hammer; you might be able to get in three hits if you're lucky before they hit you. My strategy is to hit them twice, run away a few steps, then finish them off once they catch up. (Or hit them with the pachinko if they're coming in groups).
Water creatures: These sound just like the first type when they move, but they don't move as much. Every few seconds, they'll send out a wave of water that does about 15 damage, and covers a huge distance. You need to jump over it (It can hit other enemies... if you stand between two of them and dodge their waves, they might kill each other before reaching you.). It takes 20 hits with the hammer to defeat them (so I'm assuming 100 projectiles...). If you're starting out right beside them, you can probably get in between 4 and 7 hits with the hammer in the time between waves, but I'd recommend sticking around 4 or 5 so you have time to dodg e. They do a little damage when moving, but it's not anywhere near as significant as the damage the wave can do.

That gets us to 2-4. There might be something new at the end of 2-4 for all I know... I haven't gotten there yet.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-12-23 20:41:31

Hi.
i am on the level with the helecopta and that one enemy. problem is the helecopta is droping bricks that can hert you and also you have no weapon.
or i don't at least.
a nice feacher of the english patch would be. pressing control to interupt sapi.
i keap saying this but it is true great game.
lol it is like a main streem game for blind people.
it is great!
the stange i am talking about is the one where whenyou press enter in the riting. you get a kind of hmm walp sound and you go into this place.
sorry if i am not helpful

2011-12-23 21:08:53 (edited by brad 2012-02-15 22:25:42)

hi.
i figgered out what stage i am on. it is 2-4.
the reason i didn't have a weapon was i didn't press w.
/edit/
i got past stage 2 level 4.
spoiler
next line.
what you do is dodge  the  water creature. wich is hard.
then you use the shooting thing. to shoot the hellycopta. it iskind of easy once you are quite far away just turn in the direction of the helecopta and press space and hold it down.
hope this helps.

2011-12-23 21:22:17

Hi.
is there a way to get more helf?
i am on the level where there are birds and carchijes for your gun thing.
so yeah is there a way to level up or get more helf or something?
thanks.