2011-12-22 07:06:17

OK, this is the enemy list. And I'll translate the cheat command list in today or tomorrow.

----- Enemy list -----
1:Flying bee
This is very weak and it is easy to kill.
2:Small airplane
Although this is weak, it is very early.
3:Helicopter
This is slow, however, to kill it, you have to strike it 7 times.
4:Big airplane
This will cross the screen aslant and will change a direction at the end of the screen. Moreover, to kill it, you have to strike it 10 times.
5:Warp saucer
If it is struck, it will move to somewhere else. You have to strike him twice, to kill it.
6:Splat ship
If you are under it when this is struck or this lands, you will here splat sound and your weapons will break for several seconds.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2011-12-22 07:33:45

Hi yukio, great jov again!.
about movies, yes, it will be nice to watch them in english, but personally, i have no problems with the japanese voices, i play super street fighter IV, king of fighters, mvc, dbz ut all in japanese so, one more... it's not a problem.
About a sabe feature, for this type of game it's not good, because as someone sayd, it makes the game much easier.
finally, a little question. do you plan to translate bokura no daibouken to english?. i remember playing it myself in japanese and making a very basic guide of the first area haha.

bokura no daibouken 2 by yukionozawa. installer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 … _setup.exe
bokura no daiboukenn 3 by yukionozawa. download page:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/softs/nn3.html

2011-12-22 08:05:49 (edited by nyanchan 2011-12-22 08:07:00)

Hmm I think I can't translate bokurano daiboukenn myself.
But I might be able to translate main menu or acction guide or something.

2011-12-22 08:28:11

I just thought of something else that would be cool to have in this game. A multiplayer feature. While not essential, it would be pretty cool because a group of several people could work to take down all the ships. Maybe there would be more ships of all levels so that this would be possible. I don't even know if this would be possible to implement, but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2011-12-22 08:33:56

I asked because the main problem for me at least, was changing to a japanese tts, but, of course, i will do it again and play in japanese. for now, i will test bokurano daibouken 2.
keep up the excellent job!.

2011-12-22 09:53:17

bladestorm360 wrote:

Would it be possible to put in a toggle to use the original japanese voices? I heard some of the gameplay from the japanese version in one of the movies and I think it had a lot more atmosphere. Once you get used to how the menues are layed out it wouldn't be hard to remember the menues and such. Also could you put in a sapi selection? Or are all the lines pre-recorded. As for a save feature, hmm. I dunno, I think that'd make the game way too easy, you could just constantly save to get through challenging parts, like hard mode.

I unlocked sword battle, it's pretty cool but also very challenging. Trying to unlock digital world, not sure what to expect but it sounds neat. Once again, awesome game. Oh, and since we can't listen to the movies, would it be possible to post a cheats list? I noticed that the cheats are in movies instead of a document so I figure this is only fair for the english players.

Nah bladestorm, I am not saying this to make the game easier. It is impossible to beat and I am wondering the bosses!

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-12-22 12:04:21

Hi Yukio,

that's an interesting enemy list, I especially like the falling ships sinse that's not something we've seen before in a space invaders game.

You might considder changing a couple of names in the English version of the game if your generally going for a modern war sort of feeling, just because names like flying bee and splat ship don't sound as much like actual weaponry.

I'd myself suggest renaming the flying bees as missiles, the warp saucers as trans disks, ie, futuristic teleporting ships, the splat ships as bombers, and calling the two sorts of planes light plane and heavy, distinguishing betwene smaller planes meant for survey, and larger planes used for attack and transport.

It'd also be very good to have the various lists you've posted in this topic available in the game as a set of English instructions that people would get when downloading world of war, sinse finding all the information from this topic for someone new to the game would be rather inconvenient.

As to the rpg, it's a shame you can't make a ful translation, though i do appreciate the problem of translating such a major game.

However as a huge rpg fan i'd love to see more in audio. is there a possibility someone like Harrielst who speaks Japanese could assist with this?

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-12-22 14:41:45

I love the game. It'd be great to translate the spoken dialog and movies into English, though.

Just out of interest, are the settings and scores stored in the data\data2.dat file? If so, I'm guessing it can be made portable - that is if no registry values are added, etc.

Thanks.

2011-12-22 14:48:03

@elliott
Yes, torophy's information is saved in data\data2.dat.
You can copy data1-data3.dat to other folders.

2011-12-22 15:03:38

@dark
I think your idea is good.
Would you use the name of ships which you considered, when you add the game to DB?

2011-12-22 15:24:59

Well I could list them on the db page, but the entries in the database are just supposed to be descriptions of games to let people know what a given game is all about, not complete instructions for playing them.

Thus I think it'd be better if the ship names were in an instruction file with the game itself.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-12-22 15:26:59

Hi,
I know this is slightly off topic as it's to do with the other game, but could someone please help me get started with the side scroller?
Anyhow, I also got the japanese world of war, and it's quite interesting to play.
I just wish I knew how to play the side scroller properly and how to get started properly.

2011-12-22 15:46:19

My version of Focustalk expired, so I've been playing Bokurano Daibouken without speech...
I suppose I'll check out Bokurano Daibouken 2, now. smile

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-12-22 16:07:19

hi, I can recompile all the info in this topic and make an instruction file if you want, and also, i've managed to complete 2 or 3 levels of bokurano daibouken 2, it seems that the first levels are like some kind of tutorials. right now, i'm at work, but give me some time and i'll post these things.
speaking of ww, i like the boss much more than in judgement day, primarily because it has a very good arrangement of attacks, watch out for the rapid fire! ha ha.

2011-12-22 16:17:16

Interesting - are the other games trial versions then?

2011-12-22 16:40:34 (edited by CAE_Jones 2011-12-22 16:52:21)

Hmm, in Bokurano Daibouken2, I think I've determined that you press D and use the arrow keys to select a target, and then enter to attack? And then I think I ran out of ammo.
I spent the first couple minutes just chasing the squeaky thing around. Heh.

[edit] Ah, ok.

So, you have to be close to a target to attack it.
I haven't figured out what to do after eliminating the first wave, though.

I did find the music volume control, though. tongue.

At the tab menu, second from the bottom is options of some kind. The first in that submenu is the music volume (use up and down to change, and press enter when done).
[/edit]

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-12-22 16:59:13

Lol, I'm guessing that Focustalk is a game? Is it made by the same Yuki as well?

2011-12-22 17:27:08

Focustalk is a Japanese TTS that worked with the original Bokurano Daibouken.
Apparently the version I got was a demo, though, so it doesn't work anymore.

Hmm, I seem to have made it to where you have to dodge the machines that shoot at you. I got past the first one, then the next set, but now I'm at where there are several and have no idea what to do (I've actually managed to dodge quite a lot in a row a few times, but nothing seems to change).
I can't tell how jumping while moving works, but it seems like you can keep moving (so you could go farther depending on whether or not you're running). So far, though, jumping has only served to dodge projectiles (and I think I had to jump to activate that thing leading to the dodging part).

So far, it seems like the keys are like this:
Left/right: Move left/right.
Up : Jump
Down: Not used so far, (if it's anything like the original, I imagine it will be used for guarding once you have armor)
Control: Hold while moving to run
W: ? I imagine it will be for selecting weapons once you have them, but right now it just pauses the game until you press enter.
i: Like w, probably inventory?
c: Ditto. WHere I'm at, I actually get two options when pressing C, but I don't know what difference they make.
D: Select target (it plays a sound to indicate where the targets are while you're looking through the menu)
Enter: Action (interacting with objects)

First you have to hit that thing that moves back and forth. Then several will appear, and you have to hit all of them as well.
I think you actually have to hit them multiple times before they get away, but I'm not sure about that.
Once you've completed that part, you'll be given two choices. I think it's asking if you want to repeat that section or not; pick the bottom one to move on to the next section.
Next, there is a beacon-sounding thing off to the right. I'm not sure, but what I think I did was try to jump on it and press enter while in the air.
Then the shooting machines appear. You need to dodge a few of their shots to pass.
And now I'm stuck.

Oh, and on getting started... it's like World of War, in that you press enter until you get the prompt for your name, enter it, press tab, then enter. Use enter to advance the cutscenes that follow.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-12-22 17:37:28

Hmm, interesting. Thanks for the description - I'll have to check it out.

Out of interest, why did you need the TTS to play the game, did it give you additional feedback?

BTW, I've found a bug. I was playing the game, and pressed A to check my accuracy. The number started with a 0, then I got this:

b..ogg‚ª‚ ‚è‚Ü‚¹‚ñ!

2011-12-22 17:51:27

excellent cae, i've managed to dodge these shoots, how?. no idea, jumping crazily on midscreen, after that, there's a ... naa, it's best not to spoil? haha. but actually, you don't need to press "D" for attack, just pres enter when the rolling thing is near.
note: in the options menu, the 3rd one is the "select tts" or something similar. but be careful, you can use sapi and nvda, but if you accidentally select aquestalk, what is aquestalk?, you will get an horrible and extremely deadly hyper multiplicated error.. ok ok, i'll shut up now.

2011-12-22 18:15:55

I finally got past the shooting things.
Eventually (I think I'm in the house? The same music as the house from the previous Bokura No Daibouken....), though, I got an error.
Error in 7 line -1
I was looking around between the two rooms, trying to figure out what to do. I managed to remove all of the standard beacons from the left room, and after some messing around with items, I tried to look at the objects with d, but the sound for moving between them was different. When I pressed enter on one, the error appeared.

That's good to know on the TTS selection. Would NVDA need a Japanese voice to work with this game?

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-12-22 18:29:19

Aquestalk seems to present the text in alerts. The problem is that windows scrambles all the Japanese characters into incomprehensible umlauts and macrons.
And that actually makes it harder to find my way back to the TTS select to change it to something else... I actually only stumbled onto it at first.
Now, if there were a way to unscramble those messes into the original Japanese characters, we might actually have a chance.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-12-22 18:56:47 (edited by aaron 2011-12-22 19:11:41)

anyone know how to save?
Also, when the music changes, i found a bunch of collectable objects but now i'm just on a grid ting... and can't find the house bit. was i ment to destroy them?

2011-12-22 21:13:03

I need cheats of world of war!

2011-12-22 23:57:28 (edited by nyanchan 2011-12-22 23:58:37)

OK, I will translate the cheat list today.
And I can translate main menu of bokurano daibouken 2 and other menus of it.
Here is the command list of bokurano daiboukenn.
left/right: move
up:jump
space:fire weapon
enter:accsess object
w:select weapon
item:select item and press enter to use
c:bue colection item
d:object information
tab:sub menu

And this game is auto-save.
I'll post a new topick about bokurano daiboukenn 2 and bokurano daiboukenn.
Btw, can anyone make a instraction file of World of war?
If you can, please send me a instraction file and I'll check it.