2019-01-28 15:48:01

That's also what I thought, but I Wonder what exact library.

2019-01-28 15:59:30

And you couldn't have asked this in a new topic? This is getting ridiculous and I hate it when people resurrect old topics -- especially this one that should've stayed berried. I shouldn't have to explain why I'm starting to think that it should be a violation of the rules of the forum to resurrect a topic if is older than six months or even a year.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-01-28 16:05:27

Oh my God! Someone... - someone... *gulps* someone... (stops talking, leans against the wall, gains composure and a little color returns to face)... someone...
(Falls on the ground and faints)
(gets back up)
Someone...
posted in a completely relevant topic that just so happened to have a several year old timestamp!
Oh.... nooooooooo! Blasphemy! Tragedy! Such utter anarchy! You fiendish, terrible, ungodly slime ball of a human puss pocket! How dare you post anything relevant to a topic in its topic?

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2019-01-28 18:51:04

@78, rofl. I get your point but still, asking what sound library the game uses is relevant to Perilous Hearts itself but not relevant to the audio demo in this topic.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-01-28 20:28:10

We have been told by moderators that sometimes people post too many topics about a game. I myself have been guilty of this, while I see the point of not rehashing old topics, I also see the point of not making new ones.

2019-01-28 22:20:08

Aaaaagggg, why are you bringing up that topic!
If that game won't be developed anymore, I don't wanna hear about it! It's like a very minor torture.
big_smile

2019-01-29 01:38:52

I like the way Reddit does things.

They close threads after 6 months.

The only problem with that is eventually you will have duplicate threads.

2019-01-29 01:47:44

*sighs* count to 10 iron, count... to... 10

OK... topic nechromancy, must not get annoyed... must... not... get... annoyed

slightly annoyed... slightly, annoyed.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-01-29 05:28:07 (edited by The Dwarfer 2019-01-29 05:28:44)

My thing is if you guys really don't like the revival of old topics, why do you post on them to let everyone know you don't like the revival of old topics, therefore lengthening the newfound life of the revived topic? At least the poster who revived posted something vaguely having to do with the subject matter...

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.

2019-01-29 16:14:02

Can you people for god's sake stop reviving old topics? This is starting to be so ridiculous.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2019-01-30 02:47:31

The Dwarfer wrote:

My thing is if you guys really don't like the revival of old topics, why do you post on them to let everyone know you don't like the revival of old topics, therefore lengthening the newfound life of the revived topic? At least the poster who revived posted something vaguely having to do with the subject matter...

If the topic has already been revived, then saying it's annoying will change nothing.
Also, while you say that, you are adding to the "life of the topic"!
I'm just having some fun, hahaahahaha. big_smile

2019-02-02 11:23:52

hi,
as the topic has been brought back from its grave anyway, I guess it wouldn't hurt to ponder about what other content was supposed to be released. it is sad that the game never got continued but there was an additional story cutscene, right before the game started, which was replaced by audio narrated story in brief. it included around 5 minutes of real voice acted dialogue, along with proper ambiences and sequence. click here
I guess there was other content including dragons, snakes, villagers, lions and swamp and the likes, probably up to 5 levels but one can't be certain. bare in mind that the file I posted was received from another source and isn't first hand. in case Philip or anyone else has objections i'll take the thing down, but the fact that people deserve to at least hear the partial storyline specially when the game wouldn't be revived anytime in future is worthy enough.

regards

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2019-02-02 12:14:12

hi, wow, I didn't know that story file was obtainable anywhere. Well, I guess it's cool to know how the intro would have sounded like. I especially liked the way the music transitioned as the scenes progressed. I mean sure, it was all prerendered but I can't name any other audio game apart from angel gift maybe that tries to actually be cinematic about things like this.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2019-02-03 08:23:20

Wow that is well done! It is a shame this game was never completed.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2019-02-03 18:34:36

Interestingly enough Chris Wright aka Slannon97 or Blind Gamer 95 has a playthrough of this game on his youtube channel. I started to watch it but was super tired, and background noise makes me fall asleep. I'm going to have to watch the rest of it though because like others have said, the game seems quite well designed in terms of story line and cinematic affect.

2019-02-03 19:29:42

Yep, I recorded that demo over three years ago. I also recorded this one as well which I think is awesome! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODlF1XSzgZk

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-02-04 20:53:47

I like the game a lot because of the AI.

2019-02-05 01:48:22 (edited by Chris 2019-02-05 01:50:52)

I get sad every time I play. Why was such a great project scrapped? I'm still willing to pay quite a bit of money if Philip ever decides to finish it. I still say it's the best game we have, even better than the entire BK series. Why doesn't he sell it to someone who will finish the project?

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-02-08 05:31:54

And this is what I mean by topic revival. Now its getting annoying. For some reason, its getting... way more frequent.

2019-02-08 05:59:00

You guys are starting to sound like a bunch of old grouches. Back in my day we never would never revive an old topic. Topics knew where they should stay on page 992. Now get off my lawn, turn down your music, stop riding your skateboards on the sidewalks, and pull up your pants to your belly button.

2019-02-08 06:26:40

well, what's the point in reviving a topic when it is quite obviously discontinued? why cant you just make a new one?

2019-02-08 06:49:53

Saying it is discontinued is your opinion I think that the topic was rellavent enough to add on to it. What's the harm? Are old topics bad? Should they all be left in the dark void of the internet never to be posted in again? I don't think so. I could see maybe in new releases but surely not here.

2019-02-08 09:46:00

Why don’t you go look at the sight and forum feedback and a hole fuckload of other topics that got revived? (Sorry for profanity)

2019-02-08 11:04:25

hi,
the way you guys are behaving right now, it clearly shows the lack of concern for perrilous hearts, regardless of how fantastic the game was. the original poster, who revived the topic, probably posted something related to the game. one of the other posts contained a link to a cutseen which was never released the way it should have been. a couple of other posts nearly include the replies related to the aspect of the game.
now, that's where the highjackers pull in. you guys are doing nothing to the topic, contributing shit and trying to sound as if the forum has no moderators. for your sake, show us the particular rule which say that reviving a topic is not permitted even if the discussion is relevant to the topic? people may not always feel inclined to create new topics entirely, which stand another chance of being highjacked over and over. in fact, you guys are making it pointless to add hundreds of statements to the same effect. if you don't have anything interesting to add, why don't you shut the crap and get a life.

alas, the forum was a better place almost 5 years ago. this is one of the prime examples of a condition where a complete lack of moderators and administrators can create a mess like the one above. seriously, if you want to discuss reviving old topics, create a new topic about that very subject, instead.

regards.

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2019-02-08 17:47:53 (edited by jack 2019-02-16 23:27:06)

Ok, to the complainers:
I'm willing to bet that you guys are the reason social networks like Instagram and Twitter have post expirations. Not thread locking, but actual archived content, deleted. Old thread is posted on the network and half of the conversation structure is gone. Posterity on the internet is dead. Unless you go and look at your own personal account archive data dump. Seriously, ok this is far off, but come on! If someone was posting and reviving an old topic just to be annoying, ok, sure, fine, makes sense. But this topic revival posted something fairly relevant to the topic. It's better than making a whole new topic, sure there's no limit to them, but if there are, what, a dozen topics about a given game (not counting specific question topics) but more or less general discussions about the game:
1. Too much for users to keep track of.
2. What if Philip comes back to look at this, I don't know, to address everyone's concerns or to surprise us, well, do you think he would rather look through one or two topics rather than sift through dozens? Clearly you guys who are complaining about old topic revival must have more time on your hands than you give yourselves credit for.
So can we please give the topic revival gripes a rest? There's nothing harmful about this particular one. Come back to it when there's something clearly annoying about one particular revival, but not something like this.
The whole reason Perilous Hearts got...discontinued? was likely because of Philip's full-time endeavor with Elias. Clearly that's gotta be taking up a lot of time. But open sourcing it would be a tough decision, because it is an expensive project I am sure, so giving that all for free to some other developer to take over is not something to be taken lightly. TDV did it, somehow keeping all the sounds in the process because they were mixed, remastered and rendered so much so that none of them could resemble the original purchased sounds. Can the same be said about Perilous Hearts? Couldn't tell you. For example, if the rifle shot sound was combined with the short reload clip at the end originally, then the sound would still be in its original form, but if it was combined on purpose, then it would be theoretically safe for the developer to distribute that sound. Not saying for PH specifically, but generally speaking, a sound is safely redistributable at a creator's discretion if the entirety of the original sound is not standing out.
If you are going to open source a project you need to be mindful of the fact your assets need to be redistributable, this is actually part of the reason why the BSC stuff could never be open sourced in its original form. It would have to be just the code, no assets.