2011-11-01 13:30:22

Hi everyone,
I know this is really, really, really off topic(even for the of topic room), but could someone please tell me with audiogames if any are writen in autoit?
Thanks,

Daniel

2011-11-01 13:49:11

Hi,

Most of mine are, at dragonapps.org. The exception for now is Bust-A-Balloon. It's not as bad as most people say.
By the way, it's not that off-topic. smile

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2011-11-02 02:40:42

Hey,
ok haha if you say so.
I agree with you, autoit isn't very bad at all.
Have a nice day,

Daniel

2011-11-02 14:10:53

Hi,
That alll depends on the size of the game in question. FOr smaller projects AutoIt is going to work just as well as another language. BUt keep in mind that AutoIt is not going to do so well with larger titles. For example, I'd certainly not recommend writing Three-D Velocity in Auto It.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-11-02 14:34:58

Hi,

While I imagine it could be done, and I have my reasons to believe so which I might share if necessary, I wouldn't either. However for most of my projects AutoIt seems to be just right.

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2011-11-02 18:39:08

When you buy a brand new hot glue gun, you walk around the house looking for projects and repairs to use it on.  For the most part you would ignore house repairs that clearly require a different tool like a hammer or a screwdriver.  In that same way, programmers tend to stick to projects that best suit the language they're using.  I would imagine an AutoIt user would work on projects that the language could handle, and then switch languages if they decided to do a project that it wasn't suited for.  I do the same thing, but I haven't yet needed to work on an audio game that couldn't be handled in VB6.  When I do, I'll just change languages for that project.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2011-11-02 18:55:11

Hi,

that's exactly what I do. If I know it's going to be complex enough I'll switch to something like BGT or PB, but as long as I know it's going to work, why should I change from my language of choice?

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2011-11-02 19:06:10

Hello, GhorthalonTheDragon,

Could you please check your private message inbox to see if someone sent you a message yesterday? (I couldn't find any other communication channel to inform you, so please accept my apologise.) big_smile

Standing by the window, eyes upon the moon,
Hoping that the memory will leave her spirit soon.

2011-11-02 19:15:59

Hi,

Oh good lord... I've gotten 3 messages and didn't notice. Thanks for reminding me, I totally forgot about private messages! Lol
I usually just sign in, check what's new, add my thoughts, then close already without checking anything else like, say, private messages for example.

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2011-11-04 01:50:56

Hi again,
sorry this is getting a bit off topic, but I was checking out the vipgameszone or whatever games and i was just wondering if anyone knows, what language they are writen in?
Have a good day,

Daniel

2011-11-17 10:46:13

Hi,
I agree with you, autoit is not bad. Look at the fighting game, that's not so much buggy though it is written in autoit.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-11-17 11:04:21

Hi,

The VIPGamesZone games, I believe, are either written in C or C++.
AutoIT isn't bad. If it comes to Audiogames, you won't notice the slow interpretation much, if you code it right. Sure, panning more than 1000 enemies at a time maybe takes 20 milliseconds, lol, but wouldn't it take a bit even in other interpreted languages like BGT?

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2011-11-24 14:20:23

I'm programming (or scripting, which it is - as far as I know) in AutoIt too. Well, I'm not the best, but it's the only language I know enough about to make things that work...

$life=42

Alex

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2011-11-24 16:33:19

Hi,

Look at ScapeSkate. It's written in AutoIt. It works just perfect, doesn't it?

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2011-11-28 11:49:09

It does.... Wish I could make such one... smile

The most complicated thing I've made is a "random story" generator... It was fun...
The only thing I need to know is how to play more than one sound and how to pan it...

Alex

2011-11-28 12:34:36

Hi,

You need to use an external sound library to do this. For example, I use PureAudio as a DX Wrapper, but you could use something like Bass or possibly Miles, but I never tried it, obviously. big_smile
Bass works just fine though. And so does PureAudio.

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2011-11-28 14:21:46

I'll look at it... I have BASS somewhere on my external hartdisc...

Alex