2011-10-30 10:10:31 (edited by dhruv 2011-10-30 10:15:40)

hello,
I created a little advanced registeration system. the code is bellow:
void main()
{
string answertestreg = "dhruv";
string answerregkey = "dhruv212345312345412345512345";
alert ("reg system", "hi! this is a reg system! enjoy!");
string regname = input_box ("name", "tipe your name here");
string regkey = input_box("regkey", "tipe your reg key here");
if(regname==answertestreg && regkey == answerregkey)
{
alert ("woaw!", "your product is fully functional now!");
}
else
{
alert ("sorry,", "wrong regname or key, terminating program");
}
}
ps:I wanted to write wow, but failed. so I tiped woaw..

This is not a signature.

2011-10-30 12:50:06

Hi,

This seems pretty pointless, as well. There are two things I'd like to say.
One: the license says not to distribute any compiled games as shareware, when not having bought either the single, or pro version.
2. You'd have to re-compile the game for everyone registering. You should possibly find a way to encrypt your name, as well as the machine ID. Some combination of those two would then give a key. This way it would be easy to hack, but it would be the most user friendly. Have fun! big_smile

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2011-10-30 16:04:34

actually, this is a practice, I am actually not using this in any way.
about the name and the computer id, I don't know how to do that thing. any example?

This is not a signature.

2011-10-30 16:19:57

Hi,

No, not at hand. What you could do is take the name of a registrant and encrypt it, then mix it up to get the key. however, mix it up in a way so that every version of your game could do it just the same. There are thousands of ways to do it.

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2011-10-30 17:14:42

do I need to create a program to create keys? or if keys build in the game, how I know those and tell them to my users?

This is not a signature.

2011-10-30 17:31:02

Hi,

It all depends how you want to do it. Let's take the name John Smith.
The simplest method now, and probably the most unsecure one, is to mix up the letters, so something like JhNoSthMi comes out. You can make up a pattern, and every app will just verify if the pattern was correct. This way you wouldn't have to re-compile for every user. There are thousands of different registration systems, including web-based registration, but that one's frustrating for most users.

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2011-11-04 03:35:20

Besides, you should start practicing by something other than the registration system. Like this, it's like trying to build a house from the roof downwards. LOL
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2011-11-05 00:43:43

What about using something like the pgp or gpg system for stuff.
You would probably have to have some way to retrieve the keys, but you would have other options to incript then.
not sure how it would work as such but I use hat for email.