2011-10-29 23:06:43

I'll try to keep this short, but I'm really hoping to get some feedback about this. As far as I can tell, right now I am literally the only blind person in the world trying to make money from trading the forex market. The issue that I'm running in to is that the information I need access to is displayed graphically, in chart form. Would anyone here be willing to work with me to try and develop a way of representing via sound, that which is being displayed visually?

2011-10-30 01:28:03

Countryboy, are these graphics displayed in some type of trader software or are they on a web page?

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2011-10-31 05:35:51

Hello aprone, thank you for your reply. I appreciate it. In my particular situation, the charts that I'd like to help find  a way to access are displayed inside of a forex trading platform known as MetaTrader. Technically I'm running Alpari US's version of the MetaTrader platform, version 4.00, build 406. People can and often do trade using other trading platforms, such as NinjaTrader, Trading Station or Zulutrade. The main reason that I am currently using the MetaTrader4 trading platform is because there are what are known as Expert Advisors (EAs) and a lot of them have been designed to work withthe the MetaTrader4 (MT4) platform but other platforms I don't know about. Right now I am making me money from using the EAs that I have, but I've been tol by several people who trade in the forex market professionally that generally speaking, the most successfull traders are human, not automated, traders. That's the crux of my dilemma. I understand quite a bit about trading, it's just that right now I unfortunately have no way of doing so manually because of the condition I've already described.

2011-10-31 06:04:24

Since I've never used the software before, I wouldn't even know where to start with representing the graphics as audio.  Does the program have any feature to output the data as a file?  Perhaps there is a way to parse the file in order to read the data points from the graphs.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2011-11-01 02:20:12

Yes, actually the MetaTrader4 platform does have an option to I guess you'd say export, well, to transport anyway, data using DDE (dynamic data exchange), and there's also something that can be either shown or hidden inside of the MetaTrader4 platform called the data window. The data window does show in real time the raw numerical values of price fluctuations whenever they occur. Personally I don't know a lot about DDE in particular, although I do believe that I understand it fundomentally. Basically, it seems that dynamic data exchange (DDE) is a technology for interprocess communication  under Microsoft Windows  or OS/2. Wikipedia says, "DDE is a generic protocol that allows any application to monitor changing data provided by any other application, while to achieve similar results in COM one would generally need to know details of the application that is either to produce or consume the data. For example, a single DDE financial data distribution application can provide live prices to either Excel or a financial charting application without needing to know which it is doing, while to achieve the same results with COM would usually require the distribution application's authors to write custom code for each use scenario.". Does that help answer your question? I do know that normally, the data window is used from within the Mt4 platform to see up-to-the-second numerical updates based on price fluctuations, whereas utilizing Mt4's built-in DDE export functionality seems to inherently require at least one other external program to be active for the reception of the information.