2011-10-28 17:39:11

Hello,
If it is possible, can you add voice forums like klango?

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-11-01 12:43:48

No.

That's a feature of Klango, and the punbb system used on audiogames.net doesn't have it, in fact only Klango does, and there would be no point moving audiogames.net to Klango only sinse then we'd miss out completely on the website and be harder to find for most people who didn't know about Klango already, which would sort of negate the point of having an audiogames.net site and forum in the first place.

Pluss, there is already an audio games forum on Klango anyway, so if you want voice forums I suggest you go there and try that.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-11-01 14:09:54

Hi,

I'm sure a certain webdeveloper could add Voice forum support... But I, personally, wouldn't know what to go for. There is just always this level of incompatibility with all the different browsers, and all the methods to collect sound. Also, for voice communication we have all this accessible chat software, like Teamtalk, Skype, all that which one could just share their details with others and go that way.

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2011-11-01 14:42:43

People are certainly welcome to share skype, teamtalk or any other contact details they want here if they want to voice chat.

As regards adding voice support, well as I said, I'm not sure how easy it would be to add sinse it's not something I've ever seen on a pn bb board. Of course sander could custome code it, but that then presents all the difficulties with brouser etc you mention, ---- and as I said, there seems litle point when Klango does it already and you can talk about audio games there.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)