2011-10-27 21:46:01

Hello guys,
I have a problem. I want to actiwate the stereomix function on my windows7 PC, but it doesn't exist. When I klick "Show disabled dewices" in the context menu, the option still doesn't exist.
I'm using a german windows so it can bee that the name of the menu item is incorrect, but I hope you know what I mean.

Must I install driver(s) or something?
Thanks for your help!
Greetings,
gamefighter

Check me out on soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/gamefighter

2011-10-27 22:34:27

High Gamefighter,

The possibility exists that your soundcard does not support stereo mix capability, but it is hard to know without knowing what you are using as a soundcard or your computer for that matter.  This is most common with laptops and other such portable devices.  Could you please provide us with some more specifics on the machine?

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2011-10-28 03:25:37

I have the same problem with my Compaq/HP laptop running windows Vista. Show Disabled Devices didn't do any good.
It worked fine on an HP running XP, so I imagine it's either a case of Windows Vs. Screenreader, or a different soundcard.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-10-28 08:15:03 (edited by gamefighter 2011-10-28 08:16:30)

Hi there,

I'm using a sony laptop. But I currently don't know the name of my sound cart and don't know how to find it out.
Greetings,
gamefighter

Check me out on soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/gamefighter

2011-10-28 14:58:29 (edited by Nocturnus 2011-10-28 14:59:18)

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if your laptop's soundcard does not support this functionality, as laptop onboard soundchips generally tend not to do well in this department.  If you see any other devices in your recording options, you might try messing around with those and seeing what you end up with.  Set them each up as your primary device in turn and see if any of them will allow you to accomplish the stereomix or record what you hear functionality.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2011-10-28 21:40:11

Hi guys. i  am new at this,So if i get lost in the dark again navigating these sites can i shout for help pleas? Thanks guys.e

2011-11-02 06:00:38

I'm not able to select "stereo mix" as a recording mode on mine either.

Are they making crappier sound cards in Windows 7 or what? Pretty much all XP machines can do this with no problems.

2011-11-04 16:22:38

Hi,
Apparently for realtech at least tere are drivers that willmake stereomix work. I've yet to try one but am planning to, I just hope I won't break the soundcard in the profcess!