2011-10-02 23:42:11

Hello there,
I so happened to be looking through the self distruct sounds and came upon the Urchan lord battle music. Does anyone know where I can get an original .mid file from? I would like (with permission) to write and finish it off.

2011-10-03 07:49:27

If I remember rightly, the urching lord battle music is from the old beat em up game final fight released in 1990 for the arcade by capcom, and then for various consols, most recently the gba.

If you look around for a final fight soundtrack in midi you'll be able to find it.

There are certainly versios of the gba and snes soundtrack available in their original formats (let me know if you'd like them).

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-11-02 00:37:13

Sorry for bringing a old topic out from the grave. I managed to find the track I was looking for. Do you know where they got the ending music from? I've listened to quite a lot of Sega music but have not been able to find it at all.

2011-11-02 10:41:27

The ending music is deffinately from a sega megadrive (genesis), game, but other than that it's not one I've heard before. I've looked through all the soundtracks to megadrive games I have but can't find it anywhere I'm afraid, this implies that the game is probably an unusual one.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-11-04 16:20:52

Hi,
The ending theme is one I have been looking for, for quite literally years, and I really would just... like it so much! I'm wondering if we could somehow contact some sighted folks to help us with this one?

2011-11-04 17:01:12

I'm a litle confused Aaron, what does having or not having sight have to do with recognizing music? All we need is someone who's heard a lot of megadrive game music.

I have, but as I said I don't recognize this one, nor did a search of my megadrive collection show any results, though there were many tracks with similar instrumentation and theme in games like Terminator 2, Eternal champions and alien storm.

Unfortunately, the Jim archive of megadrive soundtracks at zophars domain (where I got all mine), isn't up anymore so you can't check there, and the only other place I know for game soundtracks, Galbadia hotel doesn't specifically have a section for megadrive games only.