2006-04-11 21:40:57

Hi all.
There is a new game from Kitchen's Inc called battle ship! There are 2 modes. One is the clasic whitch is the type you play on a board. the other mode is called the star mode: I think anyways. I will leave you to find out what it is.
Game Man

Game Man

2006-04-11 23:50:48 (edited by dark empathy 2006-04-11 23:53:37)

thanks for letting me know Game man, that's a very! cool game.
I particularly like the way my sub woofer makes the floor rattle everytime a ship gets hit.

the only thing is ---- how the heck do you here the star ships getting hit? there's no air in space to carry the sound! But that would make a pretty pathetic audio game lol.

I wonder if Jim (and Mrs. Kitchen), will be releasing a version with a two player upgrade, when I have my friends round, we have good fun playing the Kitchensinc stuff, and I think some of my friends might appreciate battleship.

My only minor cryticism, is that I wish the instructions told you clearly how long the ships are ---- it tells you the number of hits, but sinse I hadn't played battleship before now, that wasn't overly helpful ----- though I suppose everyone knows the rules of the game who hasn't been living in an Ivory tower contemplating existance for the past seven years ----- ooo just ignore me!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-04-12 00:08:48

Usually one hit is one square in length, since you can only hit the same square once.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-04-12 00:44:52

Hi.
If you play the star mode, you can hear if you hit a ship or not. and you can tell by the water sound in the clasic mode that it is a miss.
Game Man

Game Man

2006-04-12 01:21:45

Thanks CX2, I did get what the hits meant fairly soon, but for the first few moves I was a litle confused about that.

I had no problems hereing the misses and hits on iether mode, but I prefer to leave the announce option on, sinse it tells you what ship you've hit which makes it easier to calculate where the rest of it is.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-04-13 15:01:56

what is kitchensinc url?
i tried to access it from the games list, but couldn't.
i really want to play this game.
thx

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2006-04-13 18:21:14

Archer the Kitchensink url is:

http://kitchensinc.blindprodigy.net/

You'll need to download and install the main kitchinsink games set up programme, then download the set up files for any games you want, open them and let them auto unzip all the game files to your kitchensink directory ----- there are lots of good games you'll find there.