2011-09-01 16:09:37

Hello,

Im not sure if this is the correct place to post this.

I am the owner of Loreaon (www.loreaon.com). It is a browser-based game.

I have a visually impaired player who recommended I contact you and see if I can add my game to your game list.

We have an accessibility mode that allows for players to play the game with greater ease.

Our accessibility features are constantly being upgraded and improved.

Let me know,
Thank you!

2011-09-01 16:20:15

I'll move this to the general game discussion, please post a more detailed description and some of the features that makes your game unique. That way we can both decide whether your game stands out enough from the crowd and also see if you can't get a few new players from among the forum members. Two birds with one stone smile

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2011-09-01 16:34:26 (edited by Kovo 2011-09-01 16:35:45)

Thank you cx2!

Loreaon is based in the distant future. It is where two races (the Humans and the Co'VarK (Aliens)) have been sent to this planet to recolonize, extract resources and build a new civilization together.

The full lore/history of Loreaon can be found on the Wiki: http://wiki.loreaon.com/index.php/Lore

Loreaon has both PvP and PvE aspects. Among the current and upcooming game features, you have:
- Battling
- Leveling up
- Boosting your stats
- Upgrading your gear with 5 unique gear slots (Head, Body, Feet, left and Right hands)
- 8 unique professions with 40 specializations total (5 per profession)
- Several competition centers/platforms
- Mining, Space Mining and Herb gathering
- Craft custom weapons and armor, build spaceships, concoct potions
- Do daily quests as well as special quest chains
- An active player forum with both standard and threaded view options
- Site-wide chat
- An above ground and below ground city with several sectors
- Active and helpful clans
The list goes on...

We have been online for 5 months. It took 1 year to develop Loreaon and 2 months to beta test it. We are constantly adding and innovating. We listen to the players and make changes based on their suggestions.

Our "Accessibility Mode" is still a work in progress with some upcoming upgrades. I work with a visually impaired player on a  near daily basis to get feedback from her so that we can improve the game.

I am open to any questions smile

2011-09-01 18:57:03

Sounds very cool!  I might give the game a try myself, after I get a few things done for the day.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2011-09-01 21:28:57

hmmm, sounds interesting.  i'll give it a look soon.  sounds kind of like core exhiles, which i never really gave a chance before, going to have to try that out again too

2011-09-02 09:39:55

Core exiles is awsome dan, I just sort of lost touch when I started on alterean.

Welcome to the forum Kovo. I'll be glad to try the game, in fact brouser games are sort of my special subject ;d.

Just a couple of questions.

firstly, how mch exploration and flavour text is there in the game? for people who cannot see in game images and graphics, in a brouser based game text is the main method of knowing what's going on.

some games don't have much, and these tend to be less interesting to play even when they have mechanics, this especially goe for battles and for exploration.

simply clicking on a link saying "the lost of city of gold" and getting there with a long list of shops to visit doesn't really do much for atmosphere, neither does using your special attack if you are just told ice balt, you do 20 damage" with no other information.

I'd also be interested in seeing what features make the game unique, both in terms of combat mechanics (simply hitting the attack button again and again can quickly become uninteresting), and in terms of features such as quests, mining and other in game activities.

There are quite a few fairly standard brouser rpgs of the grind  stats, get stronger, grind more variety, so I'll be interested to see what makes  Laurian stand out, and then  see about an entry for the game.

Eddit: okay i've created an account and had a look.

the game looks very heavy on the pvp thus far, rather like Torn city or alien adoption agency.

some bits were okay, however other stuff i had trouble finding, for instance I couldn't find the link on a players' prophile to attack them, nor could I find where the settings were in case there were any accessibility specific settings I'd need to set, (once I clicked on a settings catagory such as battle settings or account settings, I couldn't find where these were displayed or alterable).

It looks as if certain points of the game use none standard links and buttons, which doesn't make life as easy access wise, though it's probably not too serious as long as nothing in the game is real time, auto refreshing or based entirely on unlabled images.

then again, i've not managed to get a combat running yet, or been able to try herbology, mining etc.

I'd be interested to know any specifically unique points about the game that make it as I said earlier, different from the standard grinder.

thus far, it seems fairly usual for a brouser based rpg game, just themed around mechs (or cyber enhancements), rather than mafia, fantasy or anything else.

Fight other players, balance some stats, make cash, get better items, increase stats, fight more people, rince and repeat.

i freely admitI'm pretty much not a fan of pvp or competition, I'm more an exploration and questing sort of chap, so what I've seen thus far doesn't appeal to me as much.

this however isn't true for everyone, and that's the reason that games like Torn city have such a following.

If however more exploration or unique features are planned for the game I'd be interested to know, and after I find out about professions and battles I'll be glad to write up an entry for the database.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-09-02 13:33:01

Hello Dark, thanks for trying Loreaon!
You are correct in saying that Loreaon has more PvP aspects at the moment. Being online for only half a year, we have only to divide time between balancing out the game as well as keeping competition up.

We have several PvE (or casual) game features in the works which include: daily events, boss battles (not just point and click), hobbies, secondary skills (cooking, hunting etc...) More quests and a lot longer quest chains.

As for Loreaon's current features:
We have leagues which are tired: The commons league is for the casual player who likes some small competition. At the end of the month, the top 10 in each league are awarded special prizes.

The Premier league is for more active players who enjoy a challenge. And the elite league is for the hardcore. Joining any of the leagues is voluntary.

We also have the Merchants alliance, which prevents you from being attacked or attacking others as well as competing in the leagues (and some other restrictions). In return, you receive efficient buffs to your profession, no fees to sell what you make etc...

Merchants are also ranked with other merchants in their class. Although this is not a PvE feature, it is not a PvP feature either. It is for players who enjoy working the market and economy.

The battle system is point and click however your stats greatly dictate the outcome. There are different strategies you can use for your stats as each one (4 total) have special use in battle.

We also have battle conditions which you can set in your battle settings. You can set up to 5 conditions that will execute during battle based on when you tell them to. For example: you can throw a stun grenade in battle when you get your first strike on your opponent. Stun grenades prevent your opponent from attacking for one turn.

Achievements are another aspect of Loreaon and we currently have over 100 of them.

Many games only have 2 or 3 gear slots, however we have 5. In an upcoming update, you will also be able to add Energems (gems) into the sockets of your gear, making them stronger.

There is a lot more to be found on Loreaon. We have another player who cannot see, that plays the game daily and I talk with her all the time as she shares her opinions on making the game more accessible as well.

If you do choose to come back, send me a message (my name is Kovo) and I'd be glad to help you out as well as take in your suggestions for making Loreaon more accessible.

Thank you for your review and time!

2011-09-02 17:11:29

hello.
I have a very big problame.
when I go to that game, I have to restart my computer because my computer stop working correctly and slow down.

This is not a signature.

2011-09-02 17:15:00

Hi dhruv,
I saw your messages in chat. What kind of a computer do you have? Or what browser do you use?
There are some settings that allow you to hide all images, which should make things easier for you as well.

2011-09-02 18:08:41

Hi Kovo.

My above comments were in no way intended as a full review of the game, merely some initial thoughts upon reading a bit of the wiki and having a look at the interface.

As I said, I've not tried combat or the profession features yet and I wouldn't give a final word on a game until i'd had a look at such things.

To be honest I was in a litle bit of a rush this morning as I had to run to catch a train, but can hopefully look over more of the game this weekend.

I'm encouraged to here more exploration and p v e features are planned.

To be brutally honest in the ten years or so I've been playing brouser games (five of them working for this site), I've seen more pvp competitive battle games of the form "set up character, hit attack" than I care to remember.

While the battle condition setting sounds an interesting feature, if batling other players for competitive places is the main focus of the game, I'm not sure how unique Loraeon will be.

Sinse the game does indeed have a great back story and atmosphere, I'd love to see this expanded with more in game activities reflecting the world the game takes place in, not merely players' desire to beat each other up.

As to the access front I'll be able to make better suggestions when i've had a look at the game more completely along with some of it's more common screens.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-09-02 20:03:15

Hi Dark,

Perhaps I lingered on the PvP aspects too much. To step away from that, Ill repeat some non PvP aspects of the game with features that currently exist and features that will be added in the coming month and a half:
- 8 Unique Professions: Herbology, Mining, Space Mining, Nano Technology, Biochemical Engineering, Weaponsmithing, Armorsmithing and Egnineering
- 40 Specializations total for all professions, allowing each player to have a more unique career path
- Players can sell items on the market or post jobs for other players to fill
- A stock market that is linked directly to the real game economy
- An ability to start-up a corporation
- Hobbies like Coin Collecting, Cards etc..
- Daily Events adding new dynamics to Loreaon every day
- 80 quests and more being added monthly
The list goes on...

Developers listen to what the players have to say and we have quite an efficient suggestion board system as well. We are, after all, building a game for players, not ourselves.

I hope to hear from you in-game whenever you have the time.

Thank you!