2006-03-09 19:29:42

hi
there is a fault in my demo, i get into the second level right, i get quite far,i go through the red door, get past the skull, snakes, the skulls and warp.
then the platform now, i can get on the platform right, and i can take, about 1 step and then it opens up and i die in the firepit.
faults:
1. when i try and use my look ahead it says "edge," "edge" and then the whole thing locks up, it says that it can't find the sound that says fire pit.
fault 2.
when i try and skip the platform by jumping over it once i'm on it i sort of drop off it, i find myself back on the stretch of land where the two bloody skulls were, it's like a silent warp.
is anyone else having these problems?
this is even the case on my college lap top,
and the real anoying point is i can't even ask james north.
thx for your time
arch

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2006-03-09 22:59:37

I was under the impression another company took up the game, perhaps you should try contacting them with a bug report?

I won't start the debate about the developer feeling pushed into releasing a demo early again, either way there are always some bugs in any game... or indeed any piece of software. There is no way to eliminate every bug, and the most reliable method is time... which games don't tend to have when compared to other software such as screen readers, and in theory things like Windows or MS Office... *stifles laugh*

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-03-10 02:39:48

Hello!
This is what is called a "disappearing platform" in the documentation.
When at the platform you will hear a sound. When that sound is playing the platform is there,and when it is scilent, there is no platform.
So, walk so close to it as possible. There should be two crumbling ledges.
When standing on the second, wait until you hear the sound. When you hear it start to play, Jump up on the platform and run for your life!
You should be on the other side of the platform becide a ladder I think.

From here it isn't long to a warp and the end of the level.
Oh, by the way. have any of you killed a snake or found a whip?

/kristoffer

2006-03-10 11:18:01

thats just it, for some reason on my home computer non of those sounds play, like snake hissing before you reach it and it does that warning hiss, the net swishing in the air so you know where it is, or the platform.
non of those sounds play on my home computer although for some reason they do on my college lap top.
whats wrong with mine?

2006-03-10 11:40:50

Hello!
What sound card have you got in that computer?
Can be that you have a too poor card so that it can't play all the sounds.
If I shall make a guess then I guess that you don't hear any gems,gold or torch. am I right?

You should think of buying another soundcard, or perhaps see if you can change some settings in your current one.
/kristoffer

2006-03-10 14:28:34

If you mean channels then it is possible, but if you're using windows XP this is a mute point. Windows XP automatically creates as many channels for sound as needed, and delivers it to the sound card as a single one. At least that's my understanding. If channels are the issue it should only be when there are more sounds trying to be played than the card can handle, not specidic sounds. If you're not on XP let us know what your card is and someone can look it up and find out.

It may also be errors in the install, try reinstalling.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-03-10 17:19:52

did you install the patch when it was released?it should fix this.

2006-03-11 00:28:58

no, where can i get the patch?

thx

2006-03-11 13:22:34

you can no longer get it. you should have checked alchemy more offen. it waws released about 2 days after the demo. the 2 games work on different computers because they were installed at different dates. the colage laptop probably worked because it was installed after jan 28 (oops, what date was it? it wasn't january i dont think?) then... the normal one was installed before...
i think my game works fine. i wish we could make our own games.
i wish there was an engine that just compiled simple games into exe, not vb or anything. i mean the new oriol engine (which is under development) compiles into vb code... i can't compile vb code into exe because i dont have vb!
i know that was off topic, i know, i know, just that i'd make modifications to monty if i could. like the arrow keys to move, control key to jump, and also the player could use the character (him/her) fists.

2006-03-11 14:20:20

damn, maybe i could copy over the college monty to my home computer.
hmm, it could work.
thx

2006-03-11 18:31:09

I'd suggest you check to see if you still have the install package from the laptop. Otherwise there could be registry problems.

cx2
-----