2011-06-13 22:44:25

So we started hearing these odd noises in the room with the newer video games...

I finally brought my laptop in and started recording. It made quite a few sounds throughout, but I was only able to get one clearly:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16520690/duck-toad.wav
We've had a lot of toads getting into the garage, and I found the door from the garage to the house open at a ridiculous hour of the morning, so it's not at all unlikely that this is a toad.
Whatever it is, it was annoyingly uncooperative. I was in that room earlier to record things (since it's the best room for recording audio in the house), and it didn't make a sound. Without scouring the entire 39 minutes I was recording to capture the thing, I was able to pick out about five times it made noise, but all of them but one were being drown out by electronic violence.

Though, on the other hand, it took less than an hour of trying to get it to produce a recording, whereas prodding human voiceactors into turning in their lines tends to take much longer. ^_^

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-06-14 00:18:01

It does sound like a toad to me.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2011-06-14 09:54:07 (edited by nyanchan 2011-06-14 09:55:32)

Hmm I don't have been heard this sound in Japan.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2011-06-14 20:02:32

it sounds quite like a tode.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2011-06-15 19:28:41

It sounds like a monkey.
(lol)

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-06-15 21:07:50

lol burak. A monkey in the garage.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2011-06-15 21:40:19

If I had a monkey in my garage, I'd post about it too.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2011-06-15 22:10:37

smile