2011-07-16 00:01:51

To listen to an audio walkthrough of Temporal, just look at post 85, where I posted a sendspace link. It should clear up any confusion you may have regarding the number of messages.

2011-08-06 06:04:16

Hi aprone. I'm stuck in the game. It says to attack guards and scientists, you have to be behind them or on either side. The problem is when i try moving alongside the guard inside my cell, he turns to face me, making me unable to attack. I've tried moving around, but the guard just moves and turns to face me again. So, how do i kill these guards?

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2011-08-06 07:09:15

... I literally just woke up from a dream in which I convinced someone to try Aprone's games, and the first one she tried was Temporal, which gave her a good bit of trouble. Seeing this thread resurrected immediately thereafter was a bit freaky. yikes

Anyway, in what way are you stuck?

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-08-06 08:22:46

Hi. I know i should have looked at this thread before i wrote my question but i did find out how to kill guards in this game. You have to travel through time and plan how you will kill them. But for mission 1 do you have to hack the computer, then do something in the server room which i havn't gotten to then go through the main doors, fighting more guards then escape? Thanks

2011-08-06 21:33:42

Hi. Sorry for the double post but how do i open the emergency doors? I got past the guards in the lab, held the door open for the control room, went in there, learned the password for the main doors, held open the server room door, went into the server room only to find that i needed some card to access the computer. Then i went out and unlocked the main doors with the password but i can't go into that hallway because the emergency doors are closed. How do i open these doors or is it something i did previously that messed me up? Thanks

2011-08-06 22:28:33

The emergency doors shut automatically if you can't kill the guards fast enough in the lab.  Basically if they have enough time to react, they will reach for the alarm switches on the wall.  There are a few ways you can get past the doors.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2011-08-06 22:39:45

it's incredibly difficult to scrue up a game of temporal. Hint time traveling is very helpful just pay attention to the messages you get.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2011-08-07 00:01:43

Hi. Thanks for the info. For a few seconds i just stood there and was like why are these doors closed? I failed to remember the fact of time travel until after i posted this. Never the less, I managed to beat mission 1 and am i'd say half way done with mission 2. I'm stuck again and this time, i'm not really not sure what to do. I'm in the main hallway by that computer room door which i have open. The problem is there are 2 security guards one on top of the other that i can't kill because there isn't a space behind or to the right of them for me to be while my other self distracts them. So how do i kill these 2 security guards? Thanks

2011-08-07 01:18:44

Aprone, if you don't mind, maybe you should edit your original post, and add my audio review up there? You can upload to your own server if you'd like, but I do have a Max account on Sendspace, so my link is permanent unless I decide to delete the file. Although the audio playthrough  was horribly done, it at least would be a starting point for new players.

Link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/yl6s0d
Figured I'd save you the trouble of looking back at my previous posts.

I know I should redo it, although I'm not too sure what I'd change to make it better. Maybe I should make notes? *grin*

I had fun with mission two. I love the armed guards, although I'm pretty sure they don't say the same about me...

2011-08-07 13:30:57

I love this game!

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2011-08-07 15:54:42

Lol, very true Stewie.  It's amazing how many mistakes you can undo when you have the ability to jump through time.

Chris, I'm sure you'll figure it out.  As you said, using other selves to distract them clearly isn't working.

Twynn, good idea!  I remembered listening to your walkthrough but I never put it up on the first post.  I've done that, and hopefully this will help out new players.

Thanks Lauren big_smile

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2011-08-07 21:07:22

That puzzle was one of my favourites in the game. It's one of those things where violence is the answer

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2011-08-12 17:24:51

Hello,

I played yesterday for the first time. The game is very hard but excellent !
Somme suggestions :
1 - Is there a key to quickly cycle through other selves ? I think it may be useful.
2 - How about making a level editor, so that people can share custom missions. It will also add replayability for those who already finished all missions.

I need help to complete the first mission. I don't understand what I missed...
I hacked the computer in the security room, went to the backup server telling that I need a pass, got the pass by killing the supervisor, go back in the backup server, and there nothing happened. I managed to reach vault doors but I don't see how I could open them. What did I wrong ?

I also noticed a bug, I think it's one: I can jump to the future up to the farther tick I was during a previous game. For example after my first game, I was able to restart a new game and then jumping directly to tick 57... that's the farthest tick where I was when saving my last game. I think it's possible to exploit that to make a kind of cheat.

There are 10 kinds of people : those who know binary, and those who don't.

2011-08-12 17:34:03

The valt doors close very early. So once you get to the valt doors, jump back to tick 0 or so, and you should be able to just walk out.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-08-12 21:05:29

Aminiel, nice catch on that glitch.  I've apparently forgotten to clear out that variable once you start up a new game.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2011-08-13 03:27:02

Hi. That little bug with moving to tick 50 at the start of another game actually was the only way i could think of to kill those 2 guards who i can't kill with other selves in mission 2.

2011-08-13 04:16:17

Nope, that's not the way Chris.  As a hint, check out the area to the west of those guards.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2011-08-13 17:10:07

Should this be working with jaws? Because it's not for me for some reason:). Help would be great. This game sounds like fun.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2011-08-13 17:45:11

Death, I haven't added Jaws support to Temporal yet.  Sorry.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2014-05-28 20:14:40

hi.
i stuck on mission 2 in the maintenance hallway.
there is a security guard at n5, and the armed guard on m4.
security guard at n4 and not n5. sorry.
but i geting trubble with that, please help.
on the west of the armed guard there is a wall. i mean on l5.
if i moving down, the guard shooting me.
and when i returning back in time, the guard shooting the previose version of myself.
so how to kill these 2 guards?
kamochek.

kamochek.

2014-05-28 21:14:17

I think the way it's supposed to work is that they don't notice you until you enter the room, so you have a chance to immediately attack the guard at N5.
I'm not sure of any other way it could work. sad

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2016-01-08 05:01:11

Aprone, this game is too hard but extremely interesting and logic-requiring!
Is there a way to create a Language.txt file for translating it like some of your other games? I'd like to introduce this game in the Spanish community and, while many Spanish blind gamers also play games in English, addiction with a localiced version will be even greatter.

Thanks for many funny hours!

Sorry for my bad English. I'm from Argentina and my level speaking this language is low.

2017-01-10 16:29:34

I was browsing your web site and decided to try it out! While I'm not a firm believer in time travel, do believe in a temporal spirit world, and this coes pretty close to what space time really is. Has there been any progress? Also, whenever I move, the game tells me tthat there are x number of messages. How do I access those messages?
Also, I'm still unclear about how to attack guarads and scientists. I was able to travel back in time to get rid of the lab technician, but that is as much as I was able to do.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-01-11 03:26:37

Green gables fan,
Press C to hear now many messages you have.
Press D and F to cycle through any messages you have at the current time.

I'm not sure what you mean about progress, but you're probably asking if I plan to add more to the game.  The answer is no, I have no plans to go back to this game.

- Aprone
Aprone's software