2011-06-12 21:57:07

So am I!
I can't wait till the game is fully finished smile. Aprone, it's amazing that you can create the first mission of a game like this in a week LOL

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2011-06-12 22:41:17

Hmm. I know that we can only jump back to tick 0 because that's when the game starts, but I wonder if that implies a limitation on the in-universe power, or if maybe negative ticks would be a means of hiding things...
I'm suddenly reminded of the time machine in Zork III, although most of the attempts to jump somewhere other than specifically where you needed to go resulted in death either by getting sacrificed by strange dungeon-dwellers, or by your screen being devoured by a mess of diacritics.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-06-12 22:57:26

lol

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2011-06-12 23:08:33

I can't wait for mission two! I thoroughly enjoyed the time travel concept and can't wait for more!

I'm going to replay the game again to prepare... smile

2011-06-12 23:31:32

Hi.
This game is really awesome, but very hard. smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2011-06-13 00:25:12

Know what would be cool?  Playing mission 2.  Guess what?  It's posted!

Version 1.1b is posted, and it offers up mission 2, as well as a handful of people's suggestions for information given.  I still have plenty of people's suggestions to go through, but I still welcome anything else anyone wants to say.  It is always possible that some people won't particularly care for something I've added, which could have been a suggestion made by another player.  If that's the case, let me know you aren't happy with a change, so maybe we can all agree on a different way to do it.  Believe me, some times things sound good on paper, but in practice they aren't what you expected.  The new armed guards were somewhat complicated to code, so please let me know if you spot any bugs.  Good luck, and have fun!

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2011-06-13 01:11:45

Wow, this is hard! I can't get through to the clearance checkpoint. Wonder where I was when I was on the leaver? Ah well... Time to start over, methinks.

I did experience a point where the game said something like "you've just killed a guard at" and nothing else. I wouldn't have the slightest clue on how to reproduce it, though.

2011-06-13 01:46:57

I'll keep my eyes open for it twynn.  I fully expect to run in to a few bugs on mission 2, if only because the coding is so confusing and hard to plan for.  If I hadn't added in new types of soldiers, everything would have been fine, but where's the fun in that?  lol!  I'm assuming you're on mission 2, correct me if I'm wrong.

Never mind, I see that you said "security checkpoint" which means you are on mission 2.  Silly me.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2011-06-13 02:13:19

spoilerish

Hmm, I tried loading a saved game from the first version in the latest version, and couldn't seem to get the backup server to die. I got in and out of the server room all fine and well, and stood at the backup server for several ticks, but was never alerted of a successful hacking. I checked the superviser to be sure that I'd already dealt with him. Yet when I went through the valt doors, I got the message that I need to destroy the information first.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-06-13 04:04:56

CAE_Jones, would you mind sending me your save game file?  The issue could be due to the newer game version trying to run the older save file, although I can't think of any changes made that changed how the files were saved.  Either way, if you want to send the file my way, I can take a look myself, and see if there is just some kind of bug occurring.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2011-06-13 04:34:39

I've just uploaded version 1.2b, which actually contains a major bug fix for mission 2.  If you are on mission 2, I highly recommend you take the time to grab this update otherwise you might not even be able to beat it.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2011-06-13 06:04:21

hi aprone,
i am little confused. any recording or something like this?

This is not a signature.

2011-06-13 08:26:14

Hi,
I love mission 2 it's so hard though. I can't kill any gards lol.

2011-06-13 08:59:28

hey aprone, need help on mission 1
here's what I've done
killed all the guards in the lab
at tick 33, I stand at the switch at J10, get in the room and kill the guy
going back to 33, get the comp info to open the doors, and stand at the switch long enough for the door at M4 to open
head back through, kill the supervisor
go to outside the M4 door and follow my past self in
go to the backup surver, but nothing happens
now I'm outside the vault, seemingly having done everything but the doorr still isn't open
what am i supposed to do?
I get the feeling this is really obvious haha

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2011-06-13 17:20:44

dd, are you talking about the vault doors at e-2 and e-3 not opening?  If so, try to remember the messages you got while still in your cell, there is a clue there that will help you.  If, instead of the vault door, you are unable to walk out of the mission at G-1, H-1, you have to erase the research data first.  If you read that sentence and said out loud "But I already erased the computer!", this is where I just smile and wait for you to realize what you're forgetting.  Lol.

Lauren, I'm glad you like mission2!  Those new guards sure are tricky, and I always seem to imagine them as sweaty, nervous guys trying to see in the low light.  If I were them, and I knew what I was up against, I'd be panicking pretty bad haha!

dhruv, I don't believe anyone has made any recordings yet.  Do you have any specific questions, or are you just not sure how to begin?

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2011-06-13 17:26:09

lol yeah they would probbably look like that

2011-06-14 00:06:27 (edited by twynn92 2011-06-14 00:11:59)

Aprone,
Can you add a smart message feature? Instead of saying you have xxx amount of messages, if you kill a guard, or if a guard is about to kill you, can't it be said without you having to read all the messages over again?

For example, if I approach an armed guard, and he's about to shoot at me, can't the game say:

guard is about to shoot down in one tick! You have three other messages.

or something similar? Basically, I want to have time-sensitive messages read out, without you having to press either D or F.

I can do a rough recording of mission 1 with explanations and all, but obviously there are multiple ways of doing everything depending on how one thinks. I'll work on that soon enough.

Guards are hard to kill in Mission 2, but it sure does make it fun, and makes you extremely self-conscious of... well... yourselves. You wouldn't want to make the guard shoot your past self, now do you? big_smile

Has anyone notice if you stand on a square where a guard was previously located, and you jump back in time, the guard gets killed without hassle? Made me think of killing people by jumping back in time.

2011-06-14 00:22:48

Smart messages are a good idea, it's just tricky having the game determine what is, and what is not, the most important message to give.  I'm sure eventually I'll come up with something people like more than the current system.

Any walk through, would be excellent!  I've been sent many emails, by people asking for help getting through the first mission.  I think they just need a little help to get moving, and once they start to understand how you need to think while playing, they'll be able to move on from there and form their own strategies.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2011-06-14 00:35:58

Hey parone. Sounds like you have a nice strategy game cooking here. I am going to download it and test it out today. Strategy games are my calling and i will provide some feedback for you. Keep up the great work for the comunity nice job.

2011-06-14 01:47:43 (edited by twynn92 2011-06-14 05:43:31)

Hmm. Just thinking of the best way to do a walkthrough.

A recording? Well, I don't like talking to random people over the internet. It makes me feel... exposed or something. But is sure would be easy...

A recording, but instead of talking, tts? Nah... Too hard...

Writing something up? That takes the longest, but would be easy to manage, and takes the least amount of space.

I'll probably do a recording, since it's easy, and I'm a lazy guy. big_smile

2011-06-14 04:16:33

Hi,
Sorry but I really do not feel like listening to your SAPI voice reading from...a file? How would you do that? My problem is what to do, really/ I end up in my cell, and all it says is "you open your eyes". Am I just supposed to escape my cell and go from there?

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-06-14 04:31:18

Hayden, I'm not sure I follow your comment about Sapi.  Please rephrase it.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2011-06-14 05:42:40

Hayden wrote:

Sorry but I really do not feel like listening to your SAPI voice reading from...a file?

I know, which is why that option was thrown out the window when I even first started to suggest it.

Aprone wrote:

Hayden, I'm not sure I follow your comment about Sapi.  Please rephrase it.

That's because he was referring to my post about making an audio playthrough.

Okay, here's a really horribly done playthrough of temporal. Since I don't like talking, but I will do so tomorrow anyway, I told NVDA to Speak command keys so you will know what keys I press. This playthrough only goes up to killing the first guard in the hallway, as I messed up and forgot that I was standing where I moved.

So, click here to stream or download the bad playthrough from Dropbox, which will be redone with voice tomorrow.

Please tell me what speech synthesizer you guys would prefer for me to use with NVDA, when I redo this tomorrow. For SAPI4, I have Eloquence. For SAPI5, I have VW Paul and Acapela Ryan. I could also use Espeak.

2011-06-14 06:01:23

hi,
the playthrough is exelent! good work. thankyou for this.

This is not a signature.

2011-06-14 10:15:16

Finally beat mission 2. I'm still not sure what buttons open which doors, hehehe... I tried to set it up so that I had every button pressed for the same interval.
Which makes me wonder if there will be a mission where keeping doors open too long might be dangerous. Hmm...

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.