2011-06-11 13:00:58

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone new any good sound recorders?

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2011-06-11 13:42:53

lauren,

If you are simply looking for a sound recorder, every windows OS is packaged with one that is fairly accessible right out of the box.  If you are looking for something that will allow you to do complex editing, chances are you won't find what you are looking for for free.

When I embark upon audio editing projects I tend to use Adobe Audition and GoldWave depending on what I wish to do.  Audacity is fairly good as well, and this one is, in fact, free.  the main issue with any audio editor is that unless you have the patience to configure certain aspects, it may never work for you the way you want it to.  Sometimes you need to know what you're looking for, at others, I find, that accidental discovery can lead to some very interesting results.

I hope this helps to some degree, but since I'm not exactly sure what you're planning to do, I can offer no further suggestions from here.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2011-06-11 14:10:13

LOL. fo corse there is the hard ware recorders, like the zoom h1 and the olympus ds30 ds40 ds50 ds60 ds 70. The first question is rather or not you want to use your computer for the recorder. If you do want to use your computer for the recording, then it's the question of rather or not you want to use the software for a surten kind of editing.... I know that olympuse make good hand held recorders and if the zoom h1 that I have is anything to go by, zoom makes good ones too. I'm afraid I am going to have to agree with Nocturnus one thing at the vary least, it depends what you want to do with it. OK, I mostly agree with Nocturnus. LOL. I guess when I hear or see someone asking for a sound recorder, I asume that they would want to record first, and do something with the audio later...

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2011-06-11 14:14:18

I find wavepad pretty accessible and easy to get used to. The free version restricts certain features that are available for free in Audacity and Goldwave, though.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-06-11 15:14:40

Hey everyone,
I was just planning to do some podcasts and that's why I was wondering which sound recorder is the best.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2011-06-11 16:16:56

Audacity seems to be the most popular for podcasting from what I can tell. (I've had wavepad eat a couple that I attempted... though at least one of these was because I was running a computer that came unplugged as I went to save. )

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-06-11 22:12:01

thanks. I'll try audacity. smile

2011-06-22 08:43:52

hi,
i've a question here, is GoldWave suitable for recording certain in-game playthroughs?

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2011-06-22 20:20:08

it is if you do it in sterrio.

2011-06-23 06:43:17

yeah and you want a good quolty headphones or other device.

This is not a signature.