2011-05-26 02:46:10

Hi.
I'm having a weird problem with some of my sapi 5 voices. When i try to change the voice for jaws to sapi and then select a voice, some of them sound like they are talking through a microphone, but they are like staticky, and they say there s's weird. THis only happenes with jaws, and not with any other programs.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2011-05-26 08:09:50

Hello.
Jaws has different piches which can make the voices to sound in that way. so just go to the pich combo box,and try changeing the rate .
HTH.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2011-05-26 10:45:13

Or choose default voice you want in sapi. I don't know it is going to fix.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-05-26 11:08:23

I've actually had this problem with trying to use Microsoft Anna in Wavepad. (So to record Anna I use a different program to speak and record it from the output directly...).

If I had to guess, it has something to do with the changes made to SAPI between XP and Vista. So far as I can tell, those changes exist for the sole purpose of being annoying to "legacy programs" (read: programs not made within the last month).

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-05-27 04:33:49

hi.
Yes, but if that was the problem, why is it not doing it with any other programs i use?

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven