2011-05-25 20:14:39

Wave Pad and "switch" support saving files as .ogg--if you buy the full version.
So I tried an online converter, which worked with a whole one file. I tried downloading a converter program other than "switch" (Meow multisound?). It worked on some files, but not all of them.
I downloaded Audacity, and gave it a try. I'm not doing so well at figuring out how to trim and so forth.

Specifically, I tried working with the castle bgm from Super Mario Bros. When I import it into audacity, it cuts off the first few seconds. Fortunately the track is a giant loop, but I can't figure out how to trim the broken part.
I've been having trouble with less easily looped tracks as well.

yikes can anyone help?

(Yes, I'm trying to make oggs for a BGT port of my Audio Mario, though I expect mastering this format will come in handy for future projects as well...)

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-05-27 03:39:37

Hi,
Not sure.I'm a Gold Wave user myself, and I have very little experience with Audacity. Athough I can say Gold Wave works excellently with trimming, selecting, converting, and soforth.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-05-27 13:17:22

Goldwave is giving me a division by 0 error on most of the files I'm trying to convert.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-05-27 16:50:07

Hi,
I think it is a stupid idea but try klango or soundforge.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-05-27 18:47:32

hERE'S AN IDEA. jUST SAVE THE CORRECTED FILE, LIKE WITH WHATEVER TRIMMING YOU NEED, IN WAVE PAD, AS A WAVE OR MP3 FILE, THEN OPEN IT UP IN AUDACITY AND export it as an ogg. It works every time. That is if you are using the unstable version 1.3 whatever.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2011-05-27 19:05:30

I think I imported the file into audacity... Hm. Maybe I should have opened instead?
Eh, I actually just went and made all the files I couldn't convert into wavs for the time being. Will probably fix them if I can so that the final version isn't oversized.

I added a few levels to Mario, but for some reason it won't let me access them. o_o
Also, BGT's method for managing sounds looks like it'll take much more work to keep from overloading on my platform cues (when jumping, I can get so many "there's a drop below!" sounds playing at once that the game lags significantly...).

(Yeah, I guess this isn't the thread for it, but I'd rather not post in the correct one until it's ready to release. Which with any luck should be today, but I'm expecting Monday, myself.)

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-05-30 10:23:49

Well thanks, parrot-bot. I never would have gotten Keyisfull's post without you converting it into an advertisement for things I'm not in a position to buy right now. smile

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.