2006-02-25 17:32:58

Hi guys. I would like to know how you guys use audacity with your screen reader. I am using JAWS. Any hints or suggestions would be helpful.

Game Man

2006-02-26 00:40:25

I'm using Hal, but I'll soon need Audacity too, sinse I'm getting into sound recording.
also, if you can bear with me being incredibley thick, where do you get this programme?

Thanks in advance.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-02-26 02:22:09

Hi. I went on googl and typed:
"download Audacity."

Game Man

2006-02-26 10:38:59

does this work with window eyes? and how easy is it to use?
thx

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2006-02-26 16:39:10

well, this is my personal opinion, but for editing sound i dont think so that you'll need a screen reader. For adding effects, modifiing the parameters, you'll need one, but they are just general dialogues, and menus.
Best regards,
Rj.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2006-02-26 22:44:25

Why wouldn't you need a screen reader to edit audio. I think you might me mistaken on that point. After all, you'd have to know what field you were in and stuff.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2006-02-27 11:33:37

All right, i will explain.
To cut/copy/paste and to seek in a file, to listen to it, to record, you dont have to have a screen reader.
To add effects, like reverb, apply noise filters, and other stuff, you need a screen reader, but as i said, they are just simple dialogs, with a few edit boxes (especially in auda city), or combo boxes. So, general windows controlls.

HTH,
Robjoy

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-02-27 19:02:31

hello,

Isn't gold wave better than audacity?
i suppose it's a personal prefrance gold wave has more features.

hth

2006-02-27 21:12:28

well, i think sound forge is the best, if i have to choose a sound editor, but from the free ones, which is accessible with jaws, audacity is the best.
Best regards,
Robjoy

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-02-28 05:35:37

Any reason for Audacity or Sound Forge?

Discord: clemchowder633

2006-02-28 23:20:58

Well i have no reasons, but i think if you try them, you will se what i am talking about.

RJ.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-03-01 01:05:54

I am a Sound Forge user with Window-eyes. Even in Sound Forge's scrub mode the screen reader is silenced so I could understand why you don't need a screen reader for that. However, I'm curious to know whether you can select data using the keyboard in Audacity or not? I have always used Sound Forge. I tried goldwave and cooledit but Sound Forge seems to be the most accessible and has a great interface for us screen reader users. Just my two cents worth.
bb

2006-03-01 08:04:25

and for audacity, we haven't even talked about the open source. i believe you could download a source code.

2006-03-01 20:14:49

Well for audacity, data selection is a bit tricky, there are some versions, which are wont work with the keyboard.
For example with a version of the audacity you can select data from the keyboard, but from a newer wersion, you can't.
Fortunatelly, i have the version, which works, and i can send it who needs, or i can tell the version, and you can download it, if you would like to.

Best regards,
Robjoy

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-03-01 22:34:22 (edited by Game Man 2006-03-02 00:20:56)

Hi. I have 2 questions. What is the verssion and why is there only 1 type of forematt. When I went to save my work, I tabbed through the boxes and when I went to the box where you had to choose which Forematt you had to save in, there was only one item. Sorry for the bad spelling.
Game Man

Game Man

2006-03-02 08:31:47

well in the menu you can choose between different options such as: export to ogg... export to mp3... export to wav... etc. but i think it's just these three formats

2006-03-03 18:59:27

Well personally, from what I've heard, audacity will do the right thing for me. I can do effects and such with my multitracker and keyboard, ---- that's the musical kind rather than the computer kind, and all I really want is a programme that'll act as a glorified tape recorder so that I can get stuff off the multitracker and into mp3 or wav format (using a prodigee ssoundcard).
From what people have said it sounds fine, but if anyone who's more experienced at this type of thing could give me some advice it'd be much appreciated.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)