2011-05-23 18:46:31

Hi,
Well...I was curious what was sadi about BGT on the audiogames site, and I foudn an interesting thing. I mst be using an odd version of the program, since I don't have any sounds.
wink

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-05-23 19:57:36

but the games created use sounds, no need for that post, really!

2011-05-23 20:23:39

Yep pointless. If you create a game, you will put sounds in it naturally.

2011-05-23 21:05:16

Hi,
But we aren't talking about the created games we are talking about the tool itself; not to mention they don't  have to have them.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-05-23 21:47:24 (edited by robla 2011-05-23 21:48:47)

i think the point is, that it can contain sounds, this feature is possible,after all its called a tol for audio game creation, thus your post is utterly pointless.

2011-05-24 00:17:15

Why do you need sounds anyway when its just pretty much a program that runs scripts or compiles them? Whats your point?

2011-05-27 03:48:38

Hi,
Um...what is whose point? I can't tell if yo're saying that it shouold say sound in the description because it doesn't need sound, or something else entirely.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-05-27 04:19:26

From what i understand from your posts on this topic thus far, you are saying that you don't like the fact that BGT has no sounds within the program. So i ask you, why would you want them? The program is designed to run or compile scripts you your self created. I'm sure if you were dedicated to the idea, you could mess with the source code a little and add your own sounds. Or if you are unsure how to use the program, ask a spacific question or read the manual, as its pretty insightful. Or just make your orrigenal topic a little more clear so we can understand you better.

2011-05-27 08:23:45

Hi Haiden.

To explain, the buttons features "text, sound" etc you see on the audiogames.net pages are for indexing purposes.

Say someone was dislexic and couldn't read text, or was looking for a game with graphics to play with a sited friend or relative.

This is why each page in the index has those markers, eg features sound, text etc.

It is true that sinse you do the scripting in notepad and just run the compiler, the bgt tool itself doesn't have sounds, however to state on the index page that an audio game creation tool featured text only, would be rather missleading, sinse we'd get people just thinking it could create text games and nothing else, hence why I used that designation in creating the page.

personally i thought that was pretty clear both from the description I wrote, and from what we've seen bgt do in the past.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-05-30 18:57:06

Hi,
No...I wasn't  asking why there were no sounds; the question was why the indexing for the game says text and sound.

Best Regards,
Hayden