2024-04-30 08:45:32 (edited by JasonBlaze 2024-04-30 08:47:58)

Miriani's economy is much better, honestly. Things sometimes get questionable prices, but I feel like they are at least being thought out. There is no meaningless activity either; some are grindy, like archaeology and planetary mining, but the reward is quite worth the time. Fuck the community, though. It left a bad taste in my mouth. I got what I want there though, so yeah.

2024-04-30 09:43:36

yeah but once you get to moon building there's nothing more. sadly it doesn't take all that long to get there.

also with regards to wayfar i can't get to the site to try it again lol.

2024-04-30 10:46:18

noone mentioned Vast Horizon. I wonder is that intentional or did everyone forget? Or it is just not well known?

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2024-04-30 11:07:42

VH is crap. It makes no sense that you have to always explore. There is literally no RP reason why we can't have a map to make it easier for ourselves, and there's no actual ooc channel or at least that's how it was when I last played. The best you had was the conversation with staff channel, and there was this strict no exchanging information on the game so you could talk to someone outside of it. I was on CR before it went down the crapper. In those days, you could get a mission with 64 attack ships, wait until they got close enough, and then railgun every single one of them in a chain reaction. Boom, boom, boom! Nowadays I just, really don't like the game and I'm considering just making my own with evennia as a starting point.

For me, the new coding age begins!

2024-04-30 11:57:32

VH is okay. could get boring and grindy after a while, honestly, but I like it. cool stuff mostly locked away by the RP points system, not the fan of that, but then again, it's quite easy to achieve; you would just have to interact with people; you won't need to do the "Oh my god, so complex and dramatic RP!" I love how the community respects language barriers too. If you're going to check it out, I would like to say, please, do not ruin the place. I guess the reason I never really talk about it here is because of that. Then again, I guess it consists of blindies too, but the better ones, lol.

2024-04-30 12:00:53

i gotta be honest i've grown to love the google translate addon for nvda. the only thing i'd love for it to do is to be able to translate what you write as well. universal translator anyone?
"it's worse than that cause he's dead jim!"
sorry i really couldn't resist that....

2024-04-30 16:00:12

There's quite a few others on TMC as well though that don't get enough discussion in general

Like a multiplayer (I believe it is) Elite type game, for example

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2024-04-30 16:29:55

I'm curious which game @57 is referring to? I'm always interested in unique muds in general.

2024-04-30 16:36:41 (edited by JaceK 2024-04-30 16:59:31)

Okay after looking into it, seems to be more single player door game MUD

gamingmuseum.com and start there, Galactic Trader is the one you are looking for

@54:

This came up on Reddit and was pointed out more than once but I did just think of an issue for most blind run/played space MU* in general, the expectation that everyone is going to follow the rules and the love of making rules for every teeny, tiny eventuality no matter what. This is not a blind specific thing but it seems to be prevalent in both Gmod RP and blind space game land, instead of of, say having an RP where I get my ship shot to bits by pirates then end up captured by them and joining them, the usual response is for a rule to be put in instantly outlawing piracy against players no matter if it punishes actual RP or not.

Hell I've thought about reviving an old character from a text play by email RP group I was in years ago but it would just be the adventures of a crew on one ship and a planet and go from there, but that would be leaning super heavily into the collabarative storytelling aspect so not much in the way of coded systems, but freeform stories with light on the rules and settling disputes in character.

I just, no, I don't want a game admin to crack down on RP due to putting in a bunch of rules, and by the same token I don't want a bunch of whiny players throwing a hissy fit bout the way I play my character and running to an admin or bitching at me off game. Been there, done that, not fun.

Oh and my other pet peevew is when admins do an announcement that treats the players like idiots. Like if I'm in the midle of a situation and my net crashes or client crashes or I have to let the dogs out, I do not really like admins doing an announcement saying not to leave in the middle of an admin being there, that would read entirely like that admin is singling me out in that instance.

Also on Linux natively

2024-04-30 17:10:11

Oh yeah. Galactic Trader is one I've played a bit here and there. It's fun and I should look more into it.

There does seem to be a niche missing from the space Mu*s I'm aware of, that's the Trade Wars-style financial empire building. I enjoyed that quite a bit as a kid and I know there are still occasional TW servers around but my sense is that blind folks have largely forgotten about the subgenre.

2024-04-30 17:23:16 (edited by JaceK 2024-04-30 18:21:58)

I want to like GT but I am too dumb to remember all the controls. Gotta work on that

EDIT: Poking at several other space themed games on TMC, quite a lot of them are dead, hum

Also on Linux natively

2024-04-30 19:16:48

galactic traders? is that the elite type game? can you post more about that and links especially if it's accessible?

2024-04-30 19:22:32

I can but no idea how it will work though, since it needs a VT100 compatible terminal emulator and refuses to run if one is not used to connect to it, and it is fiddly when you play but it is good.

Start here:

http://www.gamingmuseum.com/

And pick the game you want

Galactic Traders needs a VT100 terminal emulator and to read the docs then the help files, then consider your moves carefully.

Also on Linux natively

2024-04-30 19:36:59

By vt100 I've found that the plain old telnet client for Windows works well enough. Mud clients generally don't, because htis isn't really a mud. Just a heads up in case you try to connect using a mud client which won't behave.

2024-04-30 20:19:05

oh my.
you guys really made me laugh.
sorry but cosmic rage was the thing  which made me laugh.
the community actually started to get worse and worse.
the players are digreasing, and the rollplay started to be more harder to make.
i know someone who was trying to make a language, they spened like 4 years making this conlang and guess what.
the hosts said.
that requires a lot of programming and they can't make it.
the person got angry and stopped playing.
actually,  he have his own reason, and i don't blame him.
and about me, i liked that from him, and i think that's so wise.
imagine you made something, an idea about a big project or so, and you spened a lot of time making it, and when you present it to the admins they say to you,no we can't make it.
what will you do, for me, i will do the same as he did.
it's his rights to do so.
i don't know actually what will they use it for, or what is his idea but the problem is the players themselves agreed at that.

the son of the dragon summoner, the bearer of the dragon might, the halfling, teitsu
the dragon summoner, the hero of the world, the sage of the seals, yamahari
the female dragon, the heroin of the world, the wife of a human, ignis.
the evil sage, the sealed princess, the Rebellious dragon, the black dragon, all these was a family in a story.

2024-04-30 20:40:20

Oof, okay, forgot how complex but fun GT is. Might have shot down a ship that started the fight, I just ended it with missiles.

Now I need to get back and buy more, because reasons

Also on Linux natively

2024-04-30 22:31:43

what is gt anyway.
and how i can play it.

the son of the dragon summoner, the bearer of the dragon might, the halfling, teitsu
the dragon summoner, the hero of the world, the sage of the seals, yamahari
the female dragon, the heroin of the world, the wife of a human, ignis.
the evil sage, the sealed princess, the Rebellious dragon, the black dragon, all these was a family in a story.

2024-04-30 22:44:34

Check post 63-64

That should get you started, after that, good luck you are on your own

Also on Linux natively