2024-03-09 13:44:47

Nope, I sent a question about the situation with lite to Ableton and will wait. I don't mess with tryal stuff.

2024-03-09 15:39:39

Why don't you like trials? Just curious. I understand not liking subscription trials but this is just a standard software trial, no payment info required.

Proud contributor to the manjaro project! www.manjaro.org

2024-03-09 15:44:28

Because I prefer having something or not having it and no in between states.

2024-03-09 16:21:32

You can literally test drive the app in its entirety before committing to a decision that involves you forking over money. I'm attempting and struggling to realize the cons to that.
Anyway, I'm fairly certain that Intro is intended to be the replacement to Light, but don't quote me.

Dreaming of a dystopian future.

2024-03-09 16:23:53

No, Ableton Intro is the edition you can buy standalone, Ableton Lite is the edition which comes bundled with hardware. I believe it's always been this way.

2024-03-09 16:28:55

Yeh, that's how it works.

2024-03-09 18:35:56

Would anyone happen to have any idea on how I can fix my latency issue in Ableton by chance?

2024-03-09 19:03:32

What are you using for an audio interface?

2024-03-09 19:21:33

Well, unfortunately, I don't have a USB mixer or anything like that right now. But, I am trying to go for the Evo 8 at some point.

2024-03-09 19:57:02

That's your problem then, sorry. Sometimes you can pull it off, Reaper and Komplete work OK on my standard interface if I don't push things. But really, you need an interface.

Consider whether you need an Evo 8, because the 4 is cheaper. I say this because if you're doing stuff solo, you're likely to hook up a single microphone and/or a single instrument at first. If you do a chunk of acoustic stuff you might want more spots for microphones, e.g. for recording a couple areas of a guitar, or the guitar and the room, stuff like that. But especially if you're going to do mostly midi stuff? You don't need the 8.

The higher number Evos are just giving you more inputs and outputs. So try to consider whether or not you'll actually use them. I bought a 16, because I could. It's overkill for what I need right now, but that means it should cover expansion, if I need it. But when I was recording with a friend a while back, I think we used three or four out of the eight inputs.

If you're recording something like acoustic drums, you'd want more microphone inputs. But like I said, if you're not doing a bunch of acoustic recording, you really don't need a ton of inputs. Also realize that the inputs for microphones are XLR, so you're probably going to need to buy a microphone. Here in the US the 8 is a hundred dollars more than the 4. I figure if you can afford it, more is usually better, just gives you more options. But if it's something you won't really use all that much, you can probably get away with the minimal interface of the 4.

2024-03-09 21:55:42

Even without an interface I don't get much latency in Ableton out of the box. Try decreasing your buffersize perhaps?

2024-03-09 23:41:32

Ok, here's another question. So, I have a midi file loaded up in Ableton. I have attached instruments to all the tracks. But, when I press play, I am unable to hear the playback. If I press a note on the keyboard as I go through to each track, I can hear each instrument. So, I am confused as to why I am able to hear the instruments as I play them, but, not if I press play on this midi file. I am sure it is probably something I am just completely missing.

2024-03-10 01:50:08

You need to press enter on the midi clips to play them.

2024-03-10 04:02:00

Okay, I finally at least got the first track to work. But, every track passed that doesn't play. If I try to arm say track 2, track 1 becomes disarmed. So, I am not sure what to do. Sorry, I am still just so new with this. Lol.

2024-03-10 05:48:02

Okay, sorry about my last message. Please disregard it. I figured it. I have a midi file of Dance of the Macabre. and I put Ableton's instruments on the track. It really doesn't sound all that good. But, once I buy at least intro, I will be able to use my Komplete 12 Ultimate instruments and recreate it. I even figured out how to render it to an audio file. I know this is pretty simple stuff, But, I am very excited about this. I wasn't ever able to get any of this done with reaper. Lol.

2024-03-10 16:13:40

Yup, you can do it with Reaper but with Ableton it's a lot more intuitive and generally less hassle to do most of what I want.

2024-03-21 18:08:48

Good news:
I got a positive reply from Ableton, that 11 lite licenses will be upgraded to 12 in a matter of weeks.

2024-03-22 03:53:19

When I got my KKA61, I believe it came with ableton. But, this was like back in 2019 I believe. Is there any way to get it upgraded? Or do I need to just get 12 Intro?

2024-03-22 05:32:07

Did it? I got the M32 but I don't remember it coming with anything. I'll have to look. If you want to hook up your A61 I'm pretty sure you will need intro though. I think intro is the lowest level that will allow both external hardware and external plugins. But again, I'm just going by what I can find on their site, which isn't particularly clear, so I could be wrong.

2024-03-22 12:11:35

@42  Can you tell me when this happens?  Looking at buying a Native Instruments m32 and want to make sure I can actually use what comes with it.

2024-03-22 14:49:43

The NI keyboards come with an Ableton serial, if you registered it to your NID you'll find it on your products page. Then you just stick that serial in to ableton.com/account and it should work.

2024-03-22 19:40:24

Huh! I'll have to go and look for it. I don't think I ever registered it. Any idea where you find it? I've got a couple of them so I should have one somewhere or other.

2024-03-22 19:56:18

Same. I am not sure where to find the registration for Ableton either.

2024-03-22 20:15:13

If you bought your keyboard, then linked it to your Native ID with the code you got in the box, the Ableton serial will be on your products page, where all your other serials and products are.

2024-03-22 20:15:17

Okay, so, i went to my products section of my account on NI's page. but, I unfortunately don't see a registration for Ableton there. Could it possibly be on a paper card I got with my equipment?