2024-03-12 07:32:17

any updates on the playability of this game? been meaning to try it myself, and was just wondering how far people have managed to get.

Thanks.

fantasy world creationist

2024-03-12 13:22:44

Just wish it were available on PC. It sounds like a lot of fun.

2024-03-12 15:16:13

I've been doing a lot of the side quests and the game is amazing. The exploration mode is a bit tedious but using lion could work, I just never really got stuck long enough so far to consider it. Everything else works well.

2024-03-12 18:54:21

I'll definitely pick this up soon. Still have yet to try the demo but vanillaware's track record for playability is amazing.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2024-03-12 20:39:12 (edited by assault_freak 2024-03-12 20:40:24)

I personally gave up after a few hours of trying to find the right place during battles, so I won't be trying this one at least initially... this one I will definitely need a guide for, or at least fo someone to provide more concrete tips on how to play, because none of the tricks I've tried have worked so far. lol I'm glad it's working for at least a couple people though!

Discord: clemchowder633

2024-03-12 21:04:38

@seb could you please give some more info about how you're managing to do all this? I saw the overworld exploration aspect of the game and was sceptical on how we can do it. 13 sentinels had sound queues when walking on or past important objects or people. Does this game have that too?
I'm about to try the demo, and would like to know how you did everything.

Thanks.

2024-03-12 21:08:12

How do you manage and deploy extra units? I'm in the second chapter I think, just after getting clive. This is still the demo.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2024-03-12 21:55:24

When you have enough valor points you can deploy other units by positioning your cursor on either the base you start from or the ones you captured during your run. Press x/a on one of those and select deploy, then select the unit you want.

2024-03-12 21:59:24

@silent silk unfortunately there are no such things. So you basically have to keep pressing x/a while you're walking. Also, you can use fast travel to automatically go to all the forts and cities you've been through. You can also choose not to do a quest right away and fast travel there whenever you feel like it.

2024-03-12 23:28:55

@seb you might have to write a guide for this one. lol I'd happily make use of it.

2024-03-12 23:48:47

I second the writing of a guide. I think we could all benifit from one. If you have the desire and the time of course.

Thanks.

2024-03-13 00:23:14

Yeah, guide would be so helpful as I am the next one who can't handle combat, seriously! big_smile No idea how you're doing it as I am just wandering around and can't find nothing at all. tongue

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2024-03-13 00:33:56

I thought about doing an audio tutorial, however I want to wait and see if I can get a bit further first. When it comes to combat, apparently the cursor movement is very fast, and I'm not sure if there's an option to change that. You really need to go slow and search around your characters to find targets, and make sure you enable the auto-pause option in the settings.

2024-03-13 01:24:06

The cursor movement seems to go fast or slow depending on how hard you push the analogue stick in a certain direction. Push slightly and it moves slower, and you can hear clicks where you would expect. Press it all the way and it seems to move much faster. I'd definitely like a tutorial for this, once you've gotten to a point where you can show how to go about both exploration and combat. I wanted to enjoy the demo, just couldn't do after spending 20 minutes trying to find one target. lol

2024-03-13 03:44:32 (edited by sightlessHorseman 2024-03-13 03:45:29)

At Seb an audio tutorial would suffice as well in my opinion.
Guess it starts paying out to get a ps5, hope that mine arives this week so I can check out the game for what it is and see if I can make heads or tails of the game to help those still having trouble with it. If I manage to complete the demo I guess the 60 Euros is a price well spend.
Hoping that the side stuff is doable as well.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2024-03-13 04:25:47

Side quests are very doable and the great thing is you can fast travel to them after they're triggered. Exploration mode is my only issue due to having to keep pressing x to interact but to be honest I haven't been stuck for more than 5 minutes. Even though your character keeps walking when you bump into something you get to hear the stereo panning as you move which help tremendously. I believe I've talked about this before but I'll mention it again, Jaws' OCR is amazing when it comes to managing and comparing weapons and armor for your characters. When it comes to the cursor, go slow and OCR when you hear a click. It's hard to offer better tips on that because it hasn't been an issue for me. I'll play more and really consider that audio tutorial because this game is truly amazing.

2024-03-13 08:28:33

@41:
When you say Jaws OCR, are you using the Microsoft one? Or the omni page one? Not the first time I've had people say Jaws OCR is really good and I'm never sure which one they're referring to

2024-03-13 08:47:12

@41 yeah, I'm definitely having cursor issues during battle, and it seems like some others are too. Would be great if we could figure out why it's harder for some than others.

2024-03-13 09:00:44

As someone who doesn't use jaws at all, I wonder how different NVDA's OCR is. I hope it's still doable with it.

Thanks.

2024-03-13 13:48:40

My bad. I am referring to Microsoft's OCR with JAWS but that's only if I have to compare items. It's doable with NVDA although the problem is the results it gives are all on separate lines and with JAWS your cursor doesn't move so it's much quicker to scroll through weapons and armor.

2024-03-13 14:11:44

Holly... Navigating the places around is really difficult! big_smile While I was able to get through the beginning fights somehow navigating the town is well, really, really hard. big_smile

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2024-03-13 15:24:10

@45:
Thanks for the heads up, I have access to both readers so I'll have to play around with the OCR.

2024-03-13 17:13:20

To navigate make sure you are wearing headphones, it'll make it obvious to know where the water blocks your path for example. Also I believe the stereo panning helps a lot.

2024-03-13 17:33:46

Yeah, noticed the water around but there are situations where you need to click somewhere far from the water and it's hard to find it like to find the market.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2024-03-13 17:38:17 (edited by seb 2024-03-13 17:40:22)

You can use the map and teleport directly to the market. Just use the D-Pad, not the left stick and select a town to directly go there.