2011-05-03 02:01:00

Hi,
does anyone know where I can get visual basic 6.0?
I have looked everywhere but can't seem to find it where I can buy it.
If someone has it, can they put up the setup file?
Thanks,

Daniel

2011-05-03 02:54:57

www.kaldobsky.com/stuff/VB6-4914206862.iso
(the number in the file name is the serial code)

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2011-05-03 04:49:55

What do you want it for daniel? if you want it just to play vb6 games then you just need the vb runtime components, and you can get those by downloading and running any of jim kitchins' games.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-05-03 13:55:56

Hi,
Not sure why you'd want to use it for development really, the main reason I like it for devoloping is simply for the interface, which is a heckuva lit nicer thn the interface you find in later versions of Visual Studio.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-05-03 21:27:24

thanks so much.
The reason was because I know VB6 and I did not have it because I lost it and my comp crashed.
Thanks,

Daniel

2011-05-05 01:52:22 (edited by daniel 2011-05-05 01:53:08)

hi,
Does anyone know of some example source code and VB lessons?
I sort of need to refresh my memory on where everything is(I have not programed in VB like since 2000).
How do I get into the code window again?
Thanks,

Daniel

2011-05-05 02:37:44

I found a few for you.  I don't know if you're sighted or not, so I avoided youtube video tutorials.
This first one seems good to give you general overviews of the language
http://www.profsr.com/vb/vbless01.htm

Then this one has more specific code project examples
http://www.vb6.us/

You get to the code window by double-clicking on the form or any of the objects you've placed on to the form.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2011-05-05 11:49:43

Jim kitchin has also got a guess the number game written in vb6 with comments on his site so that people can look at the source code for examples.

It's in the sapi section i believe.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-05-05 14:05:35

Hi Jeremy,
NNo offense but considering that wecan't double-click anything, I would provide some alternate instructi0ons...press F7.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-05-05 15:11:29

Well, doubleclicking is not necessarily out of the question, but is better as a last resort, certainly.
Debugging javascript errors, for instance... if the errors don't show up automatically, I jaws cursor to the status bar and double click.
But I don't know if there's any good way to do that with VB6, so yeah.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-05-05 17:04:51

ok thanks all of you!
Now I just need to figure out what to develop...
*smiles*
Thanks again,

Daniel

2011-05-05 18:40:51

Good point Hayden, I never even stopped to realize double-clicking would pose a problem.  I've never used keyboard shortcuts to bring up the code window.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2011-05-22 05:25:23

hi again,
I acsedentily named a exes window tytle rongly.
Is there a key command to change it?
sorry a bit out of practice
Thanks,

Daniel

2011-05-22 06:38:17

When you go to recompile the exe, there is an options button that lets you change the window title.  If I'm misunderstanding you, you could be referring to the window's caption.  To change the caption, you have to select the caption property on the properties window.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2011-05-22 11:39:48

ok thanks.
Thanks,

Daniel

2011-06-13 11:58:26

hi aprone and all of you,
i am a bit confusing. any guide or something that explain how to use vb6 by a blind?

This is not a signature.

2011-06-14 04:59:14

Hi,
VB6 is not what I'd recommend if you're just starting out: it really, though, depends on what kinds of aplications you are trying to write. GUi aplications that is probably your best bet; the only problem is that I cannot find a good way of navigating the toolbox. Otherwise, I think if you look around you will find guides onthe basics, variables, function, control structors, etc.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-06-14 05:29:26

dhruv wrote:

no, no. I want keyboard shortcuts or something.

hi,
strugling on the internet, a lot of google search, surfing on many sites I finaly found keyboard shortcuts for vb6 ide.

This is not a signature.

2011-06-14 10:11:08

Hi,

VB6 is quite old as you may know. I am not saying programs cannot be written in it, it can still do some pretty neat stuff, Aprone is living proof of that .
But if you are just starting out i don't recommend it. Not because it hard because it really is not, but because it isn't supported all that much anymore. Windows 7 tends to whine about it often enough and windows 8 I predict will be even worse. Things are kind of unstable in developer land right now, do a google for ' developer, html5, microsoft'  to see what I mean

2011-06-14 10:57:58

hi,
I think microsoft no longer support vb, but um...so... its good for me.

This is not a signature.