2013-11-09 01:40:37 (edited by Aminiel 2013-11-09 01:42:49)

Will someone pay for this ? Let me doubt. Pro translators are very expensive; I think it is going to be several thousends dollars ! And since it is a continuous work and really not a one time big job, it could be even much more.

And even with a rigourously correct english translation of the games, it remains the organization issue for next languages. We are probably not good enough at english ourselves to well explain what needs to be done.

Note also that, in fact, the spanish and italian translations aren't finished yet, they are still on progress (the website is getting translated). It would be hard to start many languages simulteneously, but it's also ahrd to select one, two or three out of all the demands we get (with the risk to be fired because we selected this one and not that other one)

Remember that most of other games aren't translatable at all !
Hey, let's just try to make an exercise: list all audiogames available in multiple languages, or are translatable because the developper(s) mroe or ess explicitely gave a way to do it in some way. OF course, without using screen reader dictionnaries (anyway not a real solution in my opinion), neither hacking strings inside the executable itself, nor count versions that have been kept more or less private. I'm pretty sure that you can count them with your fingers.

There are 10 kinds of people : those who know binary, and those who don't.