2011-04-23 08:43:43

okay, could you buy it now? and that meens that you have axes to all the other places and all other things?

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

Thumbs up

2011-04-23 09:35:29

Yes, the game can be pre-ordered as of right now. This will reserve you a download of the full copy in mid to late May 2011,
and it will give you access to all the areas and items, and any new updates to the full game for free.

Thumbs up

2011-04-23 18:53:56

!ok so, here are my thoughts!
the game has so much potential, i am extremely excited for the release!
The over all idea is great, and we definitely need something like this.
Here's what i think could be done for improvement.
combat needs to be sterrio.
I'm afraid this has to be done, and will have to be a little more adventurous, dodging, etc.
Then, i think a sound for an item could be useful, but i do admit having to search like that was better, it makes it harder, and if you were there, in the cave, you wouldn't have a krystal, beeping at you , would you?
so personally, as long as i'm told how many i need to find, i'm fine with finding them.
Love the boss battle, but you sort of wouldn't know what to do if no one told you!
and my vote goes for real time combat!

2011-04-23 20:13:36

I'm personally stil a litle more wary of preordering. Currently, while the demo shows off some of the game, it does not have in enough regarding combat in dungeons and other areas which is afterall hopefully what you will spend most of your time in the game doing to be a real preview, in fact given that you can't really here the bad before it attacks you, I'm not sure how this will work at all, ---- good though the boss certainly is.

as for all Areas Conner, if you mean "can I buy the full game for more areas now" the answer is no sinse the game obviously hasn't been finished yet, however if you preorder the game you'll get a copy of it with everything unlocked etc when it is actually release asJyro said.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-04-24 02:11:34

Thanks Dark,
your feedback and help is excellent.

The newest demo is about to be released between, at some time between Sunday April 24th and Tuesday April 26th.
It will contain some significant improvements.
The paypal direct link has been fixed on the site's main page, some of you were mentioning this. Thanks!
http://pawlosoft.webs.com 

Demo 2 will be slightly longer and contain all 5 power cubes.
Enemies will have stereo sound for better combat, you will be able to use better tactics and once you obtain a shield,
you will be able to block their attacks. However, the shield upgrade comes with finding sky crystals.

smile

Thanks everyone!

Thumbs up

2011-04-24 05:46:23

Sounds great, I'll look forward to it, and as like as not end up preordering too ;D.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-04-24 06:39:58

I won't deny that the game definitely has me interested. THere's just oen problem. I could try redownloading the game to see if that doesn't fix the issue, but when I downloaded it just now and ran it nothing at all happened. Well nothing at all game related. What did happen is that the program apparently stopped responding and I got one of those standard Microsoft Windows dialogue boxes that give you the choice of either waiting for the program to respond or close it. No explanation as to why this would happen or anything. It just happened. It's a shame since I was and still am very much inclined to preorder, but only if I can get the game working. And I too wouldn't mind helping with voice acting since while I admittedly don't have top of the line recording equipment I have rather a considerable talent for impersonations and things of that nature. I was actually set to do voice work in a game some years back but the project was scrapped.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

Thumbs up

2011-04-24 07:10:53

Hi BryanP, when I launch the program appears also to me the message the program don't respond, but you have to wait until the program load the sounds ecc. I did in this way, and after a minute the form load everything and the game will start. I've preordered the game, I think that the autor will do a good game. I think that for example bgt is a better programming language because games are more small and fast loading. I don't know if the autor can correct this problem, to load the game in a fast way.
Hi and good Easter.

Thumbs up

2011-04-24 07:51:11

Well, you were right about it simply being an issue of load times. And though I'll agree about the quality of the sound effects and the need for more human speach (even for Scout), I definitely feel the game is more than worth preordering and, as soon as finances permit I plan to do so. So now I just need to find the last two crystals...

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

Thumbs up

2011-04-24 08:22:09

Ok, so I beat the demo. Must...have...full...game! LOL. Seriously though, this is definitely shaping up to be an intriguing project. I like the humor in the cutscees but asI've mentioned in other topics I've never been a fan of synthetic speach, particularly for characters who have a disdinct personality. Synthes just can't convey that in my opinion. But as you mentioned that better audio and perhaps even speach are forthcoming that's not a big deal. I myself wouldn't mind contributing as I may have said. I admittedly don't have top of the line recording equipment but I do have a talent for voices and impersonations. But I'm intrigued to see what the rest of the story develops into, not to mention the new areas we'll be exploring.

Thumbs up

2011-04-24 09:15:03

I'd also be glad to help with voice acting too if that would be useful, ---- even more especially for this style of game with detailed story.

I have voice acted in games before, have reasonable audio equipment, and a degree of stage experience.

Though my singing voice is tenor, my speaking voice can range from baritone upwards if I employ chest resonance, and I am also from the Uk and have what I am told is a rather typical Queens English accent, though i am very happy to try out other accents if necessary (two productions I've been in required me to be a yorkshirman and a cockney).

As Bryan said, let me know if I can help.

2011-04-24 11:21:28

yeah dark, and i also heard your reviuvs for games, you are very cool on them.

Thumbs up

2011-04-24 12:17:46

i have a rather deep english accent, although i'm welsh.
I've got reasonable recording equipment, and have acted on  tv, (a brawdcasted musical) and have recorded a documentary.
My equipment was used for  the voice over for my documentary, so i'm sure it will be sufficient smile
let me know if i can help!

2011-04-24 12:33:15

Well, I went ahead and preordered the game. I'm definitely excited for the full version!

Thumbs up

2011-04-24 13:36:25

When I try to preorder, I get the following error:
Message from webpage
This Webs account is still provisional. Forms are not permitted on a
provisional account (Webs accounts are provisional for the first 7 days).
OK
How do I get around this?

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

Thumbs up

2011-04-24 14:47:49

Wow. I didn't get that. Then again I just used Paypal directly.

Thumbs up

2011-04-24 14:51:12

Well, the payment button on the site is broken. What's the Paypal address I send money to?

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

Thumbs up

2011-04-24 15:09:17

Nevermind, I got it. I sent payment to [email protected].
Sorry for the double post.

Thumbs up

2011-04-24 18:10:57

Thanks conner, ---- hay Robler, I didn't know you'd done so much ;d.

If you want tocontact me, please feel free to mail me on dark at xgam dot org.

2011-04-25 01:25:23

Can the chrystals makes some kind of sound, so we know where they are? It seems a little weird to just wander around searching them for them when you just come across them accidently. They can be like coins, special items, whatever, all these things make sounds so you can find them. That's the case in previous audio games anyways.
Not bashing this game in anyway, I think it's a great start. That's why I preordered it.
Keep it up!

Thumbs up

2011-04-25 01:57:33

I had the same thought. Maybe a sort of quiet ringing like the gems do in MOTA. At least then you'd know there were crystals in a given room even if not precisely where they were located. Of course for a hidden crystal you could still have it not play a sound until you'd actually uncovered it. So if youhad a crystal hidden under let's say a cracked slab, the sound effect would be silenced until you'd cracked the slab or whatever. That would preserve at least a little element of challenge.

Thumbs up

2011-04-25 05:17:11

For those who are interested I've just made a recording of me playing Airik. I only have access to GOld Wave and a Logitech USB mic so I hope the quality is stil good. The download link is
http://www.sendspace.com/file/y829gg
Hope you enjoy it.

Thumbs up

2011-04-25 11:49:26

is it demo, oare ful version?

Thumbs up

2011-04-25 17:29:54 (edited by jyro22 2011-04-25 17:31:59)

I believe it's the demo. The full version is almost out, but not quite. smile

Just wanted to let you know that an update of the demo is now available.
download it here:

http://www.lulu.com/product/media-downl … 2/15570802

It features the following.

some newly accessible areas.
slightly improved combat, but still in the works.
ability to collect all 5 power cubes.
added town incidental.
unlockable cube door and guard fixes.

the combination to the woods to the south of the southern door (so that you dont get lost)
is:

down, right, up, right, down... then you will find a special item.
on the way back it's up, left, down, left, up.
Note that the barred doorway in the southern woods is not accessible in the demo,
that particular path around the lake is only available in the full version.

full version features:

many many more explorable areas.
new abilities to unlock.
new obstacles such as breakable walls, long jumps and traps.
all sorts of enemies like bone claw trappers, evil robot lazer guards, and rolling floor bombers.
challenging boss battles.
side quests.

The combat is officially going to be real-time and not turn based, but there will be a real-time rpg with turned based combat coming soon.

And be sure to pre-order the full version of Airik the Cleric from the site at http://pawlosoft.webs.com/
the direct purchase link is now working properly. paypal address is [email protected]
pre-order reserve is $9.99 usd.
news and updates will be frequently available.

Cast your votes on which mainstream RPG you would like to have made into an audio/accessible game! (must be emulated or emulatable, so vote Playstation one/N64 generation or older)

Thumbs up

2011-04-25 19:19:11

my vote goes to final fantasy 5. 7 would rule but because it uses crazy camra angles i'm not sure it'd work.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

Thumbs up