2011-04-05 06:22:02

hi. I just bought a thirty gb iPod fifth generation off of amazon to use rockbox on. i had a few questions I can't seem to find any answers on using google. does the iPod firmware use voiceOver in the original firmware tospeak? or is that only with the newer iOS devices? I'll be using rockbox but was simply curious. also  are there larger capacity batteries that can be ordered for it? I can easily snap the back panel off to get at the battery but won't bother if it can't be replaced with a larger capacity.

I love fresh coffee, it's just so lovely! mmmmmmmmm, coffee!

2011-04-05 12:22:12

I know that Voice Over functions are available on all modern iPod devices apart from the classic line, I'm not sure which the video comes under. You can generally find info on Apple's own site at www.apple.com/accessibility, or go to the page for your iPod range and see if there is an accessibility link.

Hope that helps.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2011-04-05 17:18:11

I believe that the IPod vidio fall under the clasic line wich mains that voiceover will not come on it. all the other IPods on sell uses flash and depending on which one you get comes in 8, 16 32, or 64 GB of space. of corse As far as I know, the IPod vidio has been out for a while most likely has a hardrive in it.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2011-04-05 20:25:40

oh well, it's no big deal. I'll be putting rockbox on it anyway, so was just curious. yeah, it has a thirty gig hard drive. I wanted the sixty gig version but couldn't afford it.

I love fresh coffee, it's just so lovely! mmmmmmmmm, coffee!