2011-03-29 00:45:10

Ok since this is the off topic room, I  thought I'd post this question just for the fun of it.
What are your favorite foods?
Mine are:
A  cheese burger with fries and a  milk shake/and or a  coke.
The second is Pizza, I  like pepperoni pizza.
And last but not least is Fish and chips. I  do like it in a  sandwich sometimes.
I  definitely won't be eating any of those things tonight since I  have a  nasty cold  So I  will be laying in bed whining about it instead. lol

Audio game king

2011-03-29 08:21:41

Well okay.

I must admit in the case of burgers and pizza and such I tend to go on quality rather than anything.

If I have Burgers, I like them to well, contain meat, so I only tend to buy the very good quality ones.

That being said though, a couple on my george forman can be extremely nice.

Same with pizza. I know lots of generic places, but I've got a local pizza place who are fantastic, not too greasy, and not stingy with the toppings

Actually I had one of those last night to celibrate finishing the second chapter of my thesis.

I'm also a big fan of chilly, provided it has at least some kick (my friend works for a company who make herbal extracts, and that makes a fantastic chilly), and I quite like a good pie, ---- though once again, it has to contain meat.

I do also like a good roas dinner sinse I'm one of these odd people who dislikes salad intensively, but really quite enjoy cooked vegitables, including the things other people don't like such as brockaly and brustles sprouts, even though they're rather out of fashion at the moment.

the two things I tend to rather specialize in, are coffee and  chocolate.

Just to clarrify, I'm talking about propper, high coco content dark, none sweet at least 75 percent chocolate that actually contains coco, not the generic, rubbish, sugar and gelatine filled goop which most companies call chocolate these days.

It's also hugely healthy, sinse coco  itself is actually very good good for you, it's just all the other rubbish thats stuck in so called chocolate that isn't.

then, I do coffee. Ground myself, by hand, stuck in a cafateir, and black as sin with nothing in it, ---- though occasionally for a treat I don't mind a good tot of dark  rum by the side though this is something I don't tend to do too often.

Youch, now your making me hungry! ;D.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-03-29 09:32:14

my favorites?
sushi and sashimi all the way man
as you can tell, I really like japanese food haha
as well as pizza, which is awesome
as to drinks, coffee with a bit of sugar
helps in the morning

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2011-03-29 11:48:15

Gotta say, the good old chocolate/chocolate chip icecream does it every time. Pizza weighs in there too, and some kinds of pie such as chocolate cream pie. I alos loooooooove chinese food. Especially sweet and sour chicken, and fried rice, and shrimp, and chicken terioki.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2011-03-29 12:29:02

I like pasta, hamburger, chips, potato chips, coke

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-03-29 15:20:28

my favorite foods:
French fries, ham, chocolate, okra. 
drinks:
cola, milk, tea.

2011-03-29 15:40:19

Hi,
I'm partial to a burger myself, although I've never taken the slighest liking to cheese. Pizza as well. And coffee in the morning is never amiss.
big_smile

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-03-29 16:00:20

Coffee with sugar? youch!

I must admit my thought on Chinese and such is like anything else, thee's a big difference betwene getting it done properly and the generic stuff.

I really like properly cooked oriental stuff, but it's rather hard to find, most places just serve fairly standard sweet and souer or generic sweet sauce with a chinese name, which is okay but not really what I'm looking for if I want a serious meal.

The couple of times I've had properly done chinese food have been amazing, I once new a wonderful dimsun restaurant who even served chicken feet (though I wasn't keen on their chicken feet they  had some lovely squid dumplings).

Interestingly enough a chinese friend of mine used to say he found things like  burgers, sausages etc really disgusting, sinse without seeing bones he couldn't tell what animal it came from.

He actually preferd roasts with bones, or with heads left on etc.

Sushi is again a case of a thing where I like certain bits if done properly, such as eels, beef sushimi and the hot stuff like peroki.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-03-29 16:38:04

I  do like sushi The California role I  think its called?
It really doesn't have any meat in it.
Oh yeah on a  nice cold wet winter day, I  like beef stew.
My favorite pies are Pecan pie and Pumpkin.
Lets see for drinks besides a  milk shake and a  coke I  like Coffee with just cream or milk no sugar what so ever. I  also like flavored water.
And if I'm in the mood I  like some types of beer, my favorite mixed drink is a  tom collins.
I  remember one time I  fooled around with Jack Daniels. (will never do that again)! lol

Audio game king

2011-03-29 17:12:28

Can't get tired of good old cheese burgers and fries.  Milkshake?  Yumness! And coffee coffee coffee coffeecoffeecoffeeeeeee!  Dark, you're a bit too picky with your food, sir!  Ah well, more of the stuff you don't eat for me, then.

As far as California rolls, I believe those are the ones packed full of cream chese.  Much more than that, I don't remember.

Can't say I've ever had real Chinese food as I'm not Chinese and don't live with Chinese in China, but I do quite a bit of Mexican, being a Mexican and living with a Mexican family, though I don't live in Mexico, either.

So, if you don't see me eating my favorite Buffalo wings for lunch, huge breakfasts consisting of crispy bacon and sausage and eggs and toast and a tall glass of orange juice and a sweet cinimon roll for kicks, and other such artery clotters, I'll be eating tacos!

Funnily enough, as much as I eat, I don't gain any weight!  No joke!  I'm nearing the five foot ten mark and weight about a hundred and fifty pounds, and the rest of my description is something for another subject.

Going back to the Chinese food though, as Dark previously stated, it's sad that one can't usually have the original stuff as it should be.  I'm not sure if the people who cook these foods are trying to stay as close to the originals as they can or not, and if not, then it's hard to imagine what the real ones taste like, a true bummer when you want to tell your friends you went out and had Chinese or Italian or even Mexican!  I can't begin to tell you how many places I've gone to that claim to sell Mexican and have been disappointed by, not because of the food, but by the fact that it wasn't what I paid for in the sense that it was an imitation of what I was expecting to have.

My mothers cooking!  All the way!  give me her enchiladas, tostadas, and quesadillas any day!  And if you don't know what any of those are, feel free to ask and or chekc them out with your best friend Wickapedia who knows the answer to just about everything.  Happy munching!

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2011-03-30 07:02:24

coffee is actually the drink I drink most besides coke haha
as for sushi type, its either the fish or cucumber
btw, a 13 year old who just drank a coffee with cream and sugar is very hyper, I'd know haha

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2011-03-30 10:27:44

Funny, I've drunk coffee from when i was about six consistantly, one reason I now actually have something of a caffein tolerance.

Picky, ---- no, I just tend t like things done properly. I'll have the odd generic chinese or whatever on occasion, but I just like things that have been decently cooked.

nocternus, I'm most jealous! I love proppe mexican, though as you said, finding anyone who does it decently is rather difficult.

I know a restaurant with a fantastic mexican chef who actually does! do the propper thing (it has kick), and makes wonderful enchiladas, chilly etc.

As for breakfasts, well that's a rather interesting cultural thing I noticed when vvisiting the states, ----  over here we tend to prefer bacon to be, mmm, not burnt! ;D.

Alcohol wise, I'm not really a beer drinker at all. I like rum, or a good wisky (scotish ones), or occasionally various coctales, ---- though I prefer the sort where you can actually taste the alcohol.

I also drink martinis occasionally, though really I don't go in for boose too much.

I do admit I like my grub, Then again, sinse I'm a fairly serious tenor, I'm allowd to be a fat git ;d.

Though in truth I'm not actually fat.

Aaaagh! you made me hungry again, I'll have to go and eat people now ;d.

2011-03-30 10:56:28

Dark I am right there with you on my bacon preference!  I hate burnt bacon and actually prefer it as raw as I I can get away with.  More times than I can remember I had to fight the strong urge to eat raw bacon strips right out of the packaging.  I'm sure doing so would get me good and sick haha.  I can't help it, it looks so good before it is cooked!  big_smile

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2011-03-30 12:08:41

Well made chinese food rocks as Dark said. We have this delightful and cheap oriental buffet right near our home. It serves all manner of chinese delicacices. And the stuff I've eaten there is extremely good. Spare ribs, calamari, chicken teriaki, shrimp cocktails, the lot of it. And they have icecream too! I love icecream so much! My idea of heaven is just a world where no matter how much icecream you ate, you could cram in more and more foreve til you just got tired of it.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2011-03-30 13:34:19

I  have to say I  am one of those people who like their bacon as crispy as I  can get it.
I  also like eggs either scrambled, or  poached or if their in an egg sandwitch, then I  like them over easy.

Audio game king

2011-03-30 14:02:23

Hi,
Yuck. I've always preferred my bacon to be limber,  not so much for the principle of thie thing, but mainly because in that case it's usually not burnt.
smile
Dark, no sugar in your coffee? Yeeeech! Black coffee not my thing. I tried that once; and while cream makes it better it aint no substitute.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-03-30 14:04:31

Nice to know you buck the cultural trend there Aprone, I thought crispy, ---- or as I would think of it, burnt bakon is something of the american nor.
not sure about scoffing it raw though, I do actually like it well mmm, cooked!

Steak though, there's another matter. As the wolf in tenth kingdom said:

"Let it look at the oven in terror, then bring it out to me!"

Though I'm not quite as bad as one friend of mine. I prefer my steak rare, he has his blue, as in barely frazled at all!

Icecream funnily enough Keyisfull, not as much. Occasionally if it's a really good dark chocolate one, but t's not something I'm generally too bothered about.

Oh, and just to solve one matter of confusion, when I said "pie" earlier, I mean savory, as in steak or chicken.

apple pie or whatever is far less my thing.

Dessert wise though, I do like biscuites (aka cookies), and such there's a wonderful litle sandwitch shop near me where I go for breakfast a coupe of times of a week who do really nice toasted saanies with things like sweet chilly chicken or corronation, and make a wonderful rocky road or crispy cake.

Youch! really getting hungry now!

2011-03-30 18:18:25

I always like hearing "outsider" views of things.  Whether it be someone from outside a community, state, or country, they tend to notice things the insiders don't or even just see things in a different way.  I, for one, would have never in a million years thought there was an american cultural trend to how they cook their bacon!  haha!  I suppose besides my wife, I've never asked anyone how they prefer their bacon, so I've lived blissfully unaware that I am an island of soft bacon in a sea of crispy-preferers.  I had to make up a word to get That! sentence to work, lol.

I'm right with you on Steak.  I go with rare or medium rare depending on where I am.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2011-03-30 19:42:37

Crisspy cream doughnuts, hot chocolate or hot coco as some people call it, my kind of breakfast in the winter.

Crispy bacon is awesome sauce stuff, good for the soul!

I'm a big fan of seafood as well, love my oysters, octopus, the traditional fish and shrimp and crab meat,

I actually fell in love with shrimp after discovering a place about an hour's drive from where i live.  Incidentaly, the place is located near seaside, on a nice enough beach full of many tourist atractions.  the place is called 100 ways, and they really do have 100 ways of cooking shrimp.  Not sure what all of them are, so don't ask.

And for all the ice cream lovers out there, here's an interesting twist you might try with your next pecan pie (desert pie, that is).  Top it with some butter pecan ice cream and enjoy.

Yes, I'm rather eccentric with my food choices, and if I could cook, I would probably not leave the kitchen until I died, or lost all my money, which ever came first.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2011-03-30 23:36:57

Actually I've tended to find that even though I can cook, I find it too much bother to do for me.

the most I will do is make a chilly bu chucking things in my slow cooker for about 6 and a half hours (plan to do that tomorrow), or grill something on the george.

My brother however does ridiculously illaborate things with marinades, self maded sources and such, even just for himself.

I need to get married, then I'd have a reason to actallytake time cooking, though sinse the chances of that are about zero I'll just continue as I am ;d.

Yes Aprone, the Bacon thing is something I've very much noticed differs betwene the states and the uk.

Over here serving bacon the way it is usually done over there would be considdered burnt, in fact when I visited florida my first reaction was that  the chef had made a mistake, though when I realized everyone else's was the same I saw why.

I actually stopped ordering Bacon over there for breakfast a couple of days in.

Not sure we even have!crispy cream doughnuts over here nocturnus, ---- what exactly are they?

Oh and btw, coco as in the drink and hot chocolate are two different things.

Coco just tends to be coco beans which have been ground, roasted and treated a litle with heat to make them water soluble, this is why some people add sugar to coco (though I don't).

Hot chocolate is closer to chocolate, and usually far more processed, and often far sweeter unless you buy a very good brand.

Also, hot chocolate is usually made with milk, either a poundered milk in the solution itself or milk used to prepare it.

yes, I admit I'm a chocolate, ---- or rather coco snob.

2011-03-31 01:08:18

Dark,
Yes; however the drink itself is either called coco are hot chocolate. Crispy Cream is a chain of donut shots over here, and they are some of the best. Though I'm still passing on the crispy bacon; if it disentigrates when I bite it, it's overcooked.
big_smile

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-03-31 01:26:29

Hmmmm, not sure what too crispy would be as far as bacon is concerned.  I mean, I eat bacon bits on stuff like baked potatoes, and Dominos Pizza has some rather crispy bacon on their pizza's.  That's always worth a shot if you're in the states.

Sorry about the coco chocolate confusion.  I was told differently, that both were the same thing called different by people with different preferences and in different locations or different cultures, sort of like some people who prefer to call their subway sandwitches subs, and others call them hero sandwitches, or how some people call cough medicine cough cyrrup, which never made sense to me.

2011-03-31 09:52:12

Hero sandwitches? even though we have subway over here, I've never heard that term before.

Thanks for the note on crispy cream, that makes sense sinse that's not something we have.

Though you do get dominoes pizza, they are so ridiculously expensive as to be unreasonable unless you have some vouches.

For instance, a ten inch pizza alone will set you back something like 12 or 13 pounds, ---- that's roughly 21 usd, and that's before you've bought any starters, drinks or whatever.

That's why I go to my nice local place, which does fantastic pizza, and where I can get a ten inch with four toppings (my usual comes with bbq sauce and peppers), a drink, a side order of some sort (usually onionrings sinse their potatoe wedges are so huge I can never finish them), and some chocolate gatteaux all for ten quid counting delivery, ---- that's about 15 dollars.

that's why I don't bother with dominoes.

As to chocolate and coco, it is actually a common confusion, but as I said, I'm a bit of a coco snob and take my chocolate quite seriously.

Now, ironically i need to go food shopping to avoid me, ---- mmmm, starving! ;D.

2011-03-31 12:05:02

Methinks there should be a warning posted upon this particular topic stating clearly that one is likely to suffer the pangs of immense hunger if he/she reads onward.  I'm dying over here!

Dark, that pizza sounds absolutely delicious, and though I've never been one to tamper with many toppings, I'd be more than happy to try your combo.

Even here in the states, Dominos is rather expensive, and never seems to live up to what its prices, so more often than not, its another place called Little Caesars that tends to get my money.

There's other terms for subways as well as hero, I've actually heard such a sandwitch called hoagie by people who live or have lived in parts of Pennsylvania, also called grinder in certain parts of California, although I confess that I have noticed a slight difference which may account for the term, that usually the only thing categorised a grinder is a sub that has been tosted and or heated, also making note of the crusts that are used which are sometimes harder to chew upon than that of a traditional sub.

Potato wedges sound really good right about now, even though here, it's currently 5 in the morning.  MMMMMM!  Smothered in chese and crispy bacon bits, topped with a bit of sour cream!

I need to stay away from you guys!

2011-03-31 14:01:49

Hi Dark,
Dominoes? Over here in the state, they really aren't too expeisive; that's probably what happens when you branch out into other countries with a franchise.

Best Regards,
Hayden