2023-11-03 19:10:04

PatrykK wrote:

well, mouse required, as otherwise you are just weaponless guy who will die because can't shoot or even reload.

Oi, you're talking too hopeless who doesn't even disabled the mouse lmao.

Everything about people can change, including their appearance, but the character inside a person never changes.
Regards...

Bilal

2023-11-03 19:31:34

Hello everyone, I have some important questions. Answering them in detail will help me determine the future of the game... And please explain it like a brain LOL!

Currently when you rotate between directions (with mouse and keyboard) your screen reader no longer reads the names of the directions. But there are many systems that I don't understand, I would appreciate if you could explain them in a very detailed way.

1. does aiming mean the system that allows players to hit only from the center?

2. How should the rotation system be? For example, should northwest, southeast directions be removed? So should there be only 4 directions or only south & north?

3. What does grals mean hahaha? The translation is also wrong.

4. Should we only be able to hit players from the center or how should the weapon system be? For example a player is on north, but we are on west and the player is in our center, should we still be able to hit him? And as I said, should we be able to hit players at least 2 steps to the left and right?

Finally, if there is anything I forgot to ask about the directions, please feel free to tell me about them.

Everything about people can change, including their appearance, but the character inside a person never changes.
Regards...

Bilal

2023-11-03 19:57:20

@maragas tell me the keybindings then!

meow meow.

2023-11-03 20:18:42 (edited by blindgoofball 2023-11-03 20:21:05)

@27
I'm pretty sure I can answer some of these questions, although I'm not quite sure what they are talkingabout either.
When they say remove the facing directions, I think they mean make it a 360 degree rotation instead of rotating in 45 degree increments. For aiming, what they mean is you can only hit the player if they are centered in your speakers or headphones, your facing does not mater. But I personally think with some weapons you should be able to hit players from a step to the left or right, like a shotgu..
I hope this helps.

Blindgoofball
Founder and lead developer at Nibble Nerds
Where gamers are united!
https://nibblenerds.com

2023-11-03 20:32:56

PatrykK wrote:

@maragas tell me the keybindings then!

I hope that guy knows that this release contains a read me file.

Regards...

Bilal

2023-11-03 20:34:01

blindgoofball wrote:

@27
I'm pretty sure I can answer some of these questions, although I'm not quite sure what they are talkingabout either.
When they say remove the facing directions, I think they mean make it a 360 degree rotation instead of rotating in 45 degree increments. For aiming, what they mean is you can only hit the player if they are centered in your speakers or headphones, your facing does not mater. But I personally think with some weapons you should be able to hit players from a step to the left or right, like a shotgu..
I hope this helps.

Thank you for your contribution. I'll try to implement as I understand.

Regards...

Bilal

2023-11-03 20:44:10 (edited by azure 2023-11-03 20:46:25)

Creating an audio crosshair for a first-person shooter (FPS) game for the blind requires attention to detail and careful sound design. Here are some general steps you can take:

1. Choosing the base sound:
    - Select a base sound that will be the central point of your sound targeting. It can be a tone, a click or any other distinctive sound.

2. Direction Marking:
    - To indicate the direction in which the player is aiming, you can use different sounds or variations of the base sound. For example, if the player is aiming left, the sound may be slightly shifted to the left audio channel, and vice versa for the right.

3. Altitude:
    - To indicate the aiming altitude, you can use the change in sound height. A louder sound may indicate that the crosshair is pointing upwards, while a quieter sound may represent downward crosshairs.

4. Distance:
    - The distance between the crosshair and the target can be represented through the intensity of the sound. The closer the target is to the scope, the louder and clearer the sound will be. As the distance increases, the sound may become softer or decrease in volume.

5. Accuracy:
    - Aiming accuracy can be indicated through sound stability. A stable aim will have a constant sound, while an unstable aim may have subtle variations in the base sound.

6. Additional Feedback:
    - Additionally, you can add audio feedback when the player is aiming directly at a target. This can be a confirmation sound that indicates the player is aligned with the enemy.

7. Integration with ambient audio:
    - Make sure the audio crosshair integrates well with the game's ambient sounds. This will help players locate enemies based on direction and distance, even if they are using audio only.

8. when aiming at some part of the player's body, damage is triggered, for example: on the head, there is a specific beep, on the chest, etc.. etc..
Different parts of the body have different beeps and damage.
At first, you could only implement the possibility of aiming at a player's chest or head.

@29 yes, correct!

meet the eternal legend, accessibility group for games and applications in Brazil. main group to bring accessible games to the blind.
official website    
our discord server
youtube channel

2023-11-03 21:16:38 (edited by ignatriay 2023-11-03 21:21:46)

@32, another option I thought about when you mentioned audio crosshares, would be to do it tonal, I.e, suppose your aiming way off of the person your trying to hit. The crosshares bace sound could be say, a low c note. The more you centre the player, you'd hear the bace sound increase in pitch, d, e, f, g, etc. Another option to make this would be like what is commonly found in many cars these days. When your, for example, backing up in a car, the closer you get to a opstacle, you'll start hearing a beep. It'll start off slow, but the closer you get to suppose you had a wall behind you and you were backing up. The closer you get to the wall, you'd hear the beeping get faster and faster, until where your about to the wall, where the beeping will become one continuous, long, beep, instead of beeing short beeps that got faster and faster. Think of it like the targeting solution seen in tdv.
lso, I agree about facing. It shouldn't matter where you’re facing, to a sirtain point, that is. For instance, say your facing north, and the player you want to hit is to the south of you. In that case, you'd have to turn onto a southernly direction, to be aiming in the player's general vicinity, but that's as far as facing should go, the rest would have to be via crosshares, because if you think about it, when you fire a gun in real life, your body is generally still. What you move in order to aim, are your arms, which are holding the gun, but you don't really move your entire body to aim at something.

sound designer for mental vision, and Eurofly3.
take a look at
My freesound pageWhere I post sounds I record. ps: if you use my sounds, remember to credit me smiley

2023-11-03 21:21:08

@32 trust me, GPT makes me more confused than it should be.

Regards...

Bilal

2023-11-03 21:22:47

See the last of us for good audible feedback for aiming vertically. Head height is higher in pitch, and the lower you aim, the pitch will change accordingly. Go off target, and the sound will disappear entirely. smile But @32 pretty much described how this could be properly implemented. smile

Discord: clemchowder633

2023-11-03 21:35:38

@33 perfect!
When we use a gun in real life we are usually facing the target, that is: we are looking directly at him, so we just move our arm, aim at his body parts and shoot. We will hardly turn our body to aim at someone, and even if we turn, I think we will still use our visual field and our arms to aim. the body would only be necessary to move our visual field // our arms, and so, after centering a target, we can shoot.

I agree with the approach of placing a crosshair in 4 directions, especially if we can shoot at the head to gain more points, as is done in some games.

I only used the GPT chat to illustrate what I wanted to say at the moment.

meet the eternal legend, accessibility group for games and applications in Brazil. main group to bring accessible games to the blind.
official website    
our discord server
youtube channel

2023-11-03 22:25:19

assault_freak wrote:

See the last of us for good audible feedback for aiming vertically. Head height is higher in pitch, and the lower you aim, the pitch will change accordingly. Go off target, and the sound will disappear entirely. smile But @32 pretty much described how this could be properly implemented. smile

I understand, like the forza's driving assists.
More beeps you come, will get higher pitch.

Regards...

Bilal

2023-11-04 01:36:52

Okay so my feedback.
Overall I think this is cool. Yes it needs work, but it's a very, very good start.
1. Starting weapon is way over powered. Please lower the damage and ammo capacity.
2. It would be nice to see a map change. I'm so bored of always flat empty maps. I'd like to see like an actual city with buildings such as houses, hospitals, shops, etc each with unique cover and possibly item spawns.
3. I'd also like to see sniping, and not typical blindy sniping. Like the ability to get a scoped, weapon, track a player, adjust your aim and boom. Also make this somehow make the player unable to move when in sniper mode so they have to put thought in there position for sniping, such as a rooftop etc.
4. I'd like to see body parts and vertical aiming. Such as head shots do more damage etc.
5. Some sort of armor would be cool, not something to stop damage all together, but something to reduce damage to that specific body part. Such as, if your wearing a helmet, a head shot might not be as destructive.
6. A small thing, but the you are died message is don't have proper grammer. I don't mean to criticize your English, but could you change that to you are dead please?
7. Loving the bots. There actually pretty good.
Other than that, I think this is really off to a great start. Keep it up!

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Psalm 23 4

2023-11-04 05:41:08

@maragaz
I am so glad that someone is finally making a new FPS that isn't trying to be TK man. Huge respect for you in making this happen and I absolutely support you 100%! Great job listening to the players and trying to improve things as well. I don't really care how long this game takes to get good, I'm just happy someone is finally doing something better. smile

@PatrykK
Holy shit man, when will you ever get a clew and stop embarrassing your self and pissing everyone off? Stop making your anger issues and impulsiveness everyone else's problem, you're a fucking adult now. Being rude to developers is one of the worst possible things you can do here, and it's a great way to make everyone hate you even more. It would really be best if you would just stop talking at this point honestly.

2023-11-04 06:50:43

Agree with @defender and upvote you. Also reopen the server. I want to kill people.

2023-11-04 09:23:22

but, there's no keybinding in the readme, I had read it and no, only the mouse click, and I can't.

meow meow.

2023-11-04 09:28:28

server down.
pleas up the server i wana try this game rofl

2023-11-04 09:40:51

A great story:

It was 1:00 PM, and a guy named Keshav was using his phone and exploring. Keshav was a passionate fan of coding and gaming, and he also enjoyed reading novels, particularly novel.

As he was listening to a novel, he suddenly got the urge to play a game. He decided to check if a new game had been launched. Among popular forums for blind individuals, he opened audiogames.net and found a section for new releases. He clicked on it and saw a new game topic. He was delighted.

"Ah, a new game online. I'll give it a try," Keshav said. He downloaded the game, excited to try it out. As soon as he launched the game and tried to create an account, he received a message: "Server lausd..."

He felt disappointed and went to the forum to post this story, laughing to himself, "hahahaahahahaha."

2023-11-04 09:51:19 (edited by maragaz 2023-11-04 10:10:13)

Note: Server will got opened soon.

@#43, It is pretty of topic lmao.

And thank you all! I am very glad that we can create a discussion area without any pobcorn dramas here LOL. Well, I just planning this for over one year, and this will be not finished like that, because we planned every thing or after 2 or 3 updates. But now we've just focused on enhance the stability and make the player requests for now, so there will be not fantastic updates, atleast for now. But It will don't take very long to bring my to do list in the game, so get excited.

Regards...

Bilal

2023-11-04 10:10:16

Don't forget the multilingual system @maragaz smile

2023-11-04 10:21:44

@44 "thanks"

2023-11-04 10:40:03

what is the update? I know we talked about a lot of things, lower sounds volumes, less voice lines, weapon nerfs, etc.

2023-11-04 10:53:50

TheTrueSwampGamer wrote:

what is the update? I know we talked about a lot of things, lower sounds volumes, less voice lines, weapon nerfs, etc.

Yeah you will be able to customize all of the things in options.

Regards...

Bilal

2023-11-04 11:57:54

Create a folder with the name "lib" and move all the DLL files into it, because the game files and the other DLL files will be in separate folders.

2023-11-04 12:51:58 (edited by maragaz 2023-11-04 13:16:11)

Keshav malhotra wrote:

Create a folder with the name "lib" and move all the DLL files into it, because the game files and the other DLL files will be in separate folders.

I already thinking to do that, but I am afraid that If I do this the game's files will may be not able to work propery.

Regards...

Bilal