2011-03-16 10:35:21

Hi.

Does somebody have any idea how to fight these spambots? It keeps growing and growing while I'm writing this post. right now, it seems as it's only one spambot which keeps posting topics which should be pretty easy to remove, but it must simply be to easy to create an account on the forum for these spambots.
I highly suggest that the moderators consider an accessible way of better protection when signing up to the forum.
If you need any help on removing spambots and deleting topics with spam, please let me know. I don't have time to moderate the forum, but I have time to help you fighting these spambots every day.
Just send me a private mail if you need my help.
Best regards from SLJ.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2011-03-16 11:36:28

i gotta give this one credit though, its very persistent... big_smile

2011-03-16 12:50:58

Yeah really. ANd the more I see the harder it is for me not to hit the report link. I don't want this to turn into another version of the AGM forum.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2011-03-16 17:52:31

Like i said yesterday. Notice how the word spam is used by the spambot as it posts some topics. That thing is going nuts.

2011-03-16 18:00:37

It seems like the spam bot is never off line, he keeps staying online all the time

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2011-03-16 18:36:52

I took the liberty of moving this topic here to the moderation and admin suggestions area where it belongs.

Yes, that spambot was particularly irritating. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get online sinse yesterday evening hence why it had so much time to create annoying topics, which I've now had to spend half an hour removing.

I do agree this is getting slightly ridiculous and as I said in the other thread on this subject, I think an accessible forum entrance to create accounts would be rather helpful.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-03-16 21:34:53

hi,
Thanks for taking care of that dark, it was very annoying and cluttered up the forum.
One approach, if possible, would be similar to what the audyssey list does. New member's ferst posts could be submited to the moderators, and they would have to approve of the post before leting the user make farther posts.
Just a suggestion, what do you think?

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2011-03-17 11:31:01

Hi,
it's just that we, the moderators, can't modify the site like that ourselves. We'll have to wait for Richard and Sander to come up with an actual change on their own.
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get online for the last two days either. It must have been insane. :-)
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2011-07-30 05:45:44

How do you even become a moderator? I want to become one!

I am Ethin,
I have learned from my mistakes,
I will not hurt you,
So let me live!

2011-07-30 10:11:43

You'll have to learn the theme song, and secret handshake.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2011-07-30 11:52:41

I'll be completely blunt. You have barely returned from being banned and you're already asking how to become a moderator. I find this rather worrying to say the least. It's a bit like being let out of prison and going straight for public office.

I'm not saying you will never become a moderator. I'm saying it will take a long time for you to do so. Thus far becoming a moderator is by invitation and by necessity, even if you had a clean record we've not long since added to the moderator team and are probably not feeling the need for more moderators as yet.

So in essence don't call us, we'll call you. Maybe.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2011-07-30 18:27:00

OK thank you!

I am Ethin,
I have learned from my mistakes,
I will not hurt you,
So let me live!