2011-03-13 15:04:01

hi all,
yeah i have tried using internet download manager (IDM) for quite some time now.
in my opinion, its the fastest download software. there is a quite a lot of improvement in the transfer rate (earlier it was around 30 , and now it is over 60)!
but the point here is, after a certain trial period of a month, it has to be registered.

i've almost decided to purchase the software. but i have a few questions.
firstly, in the FAQ's, it mentions that after registering, the user will get a licence for 1 computer.
   if my windows is reformated, will i still be able to enter the reg code? or do i have to pay for it a second  time?

secondly, it mentions that on registering, the user can get free upgrades for 1 year.
what does that mean?
will it be expired after 1 year? or it will just stop upgrades.

any help will be appriciated.

note
first i tried contacting the support, but there was no reply since a week now. even when i try to send the email again, there have not been a responce since a few days.

regards,
sid.

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2011-03-13 23:50:27

sid512 wrote:

if my windows is reformated, will i still be able to enter the reg code? or do i have to pay for it a second  time?

The answer is:

Registered version has a number of additional features: no usage limitations, ...

Another substantial part regarding your considerations:

If you lost your serial number or download instructions for Internet Download Manager, we can resend your registration information to you automatically.

sid512 wrote:

it mentions that on registering, the user can get free upgrades for 1 year.
what does that mean?

If they will make a major improvement on their software, then you will upgrade for 'free' for 1 year after the purchase.

Hope this helps.

Standing by the window, eyes upon the moon,
Hoping that the memory will leave her spirit soon.

2011-03-14 05:16:55

hi,
it seems that that was just a copy-paste from the FAQ'S section
but my question is here,
if i reformated my windows, or i have a new computer, will i still be able to register it?
since it only mentions that registered user will get a licence for 1 computer.

second, are there any time limitations on the registered version? or it can be used forever.

any help will be appriciated.
regards,
sid.

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2011-03-14 14:11:33

Hi Sid,
Well...I myself have no IDM experience. But what you need to find out is wether the system generates hardware or software-based reg codes.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-03-26 06:15:29

hi all. I have registered IDM 6.05 build 8 but I not buy the software, I patch it. if I patch the software, I will get free upgrades for 1 year, or not?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!