2006-02-06 16:24:03

Hello all,
If someone would like a program which creates tracks and cars, by browsing wav files, and checking checkboxes, or selecting items from combo boxes, then post a reply, and i will write one, it is quite simple.

Best regards,
Robjoy

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2006-02-08 20:14:44

Hi Robjoy,
If you manage to write one, contact us and we will put it on the site if you like, crediting you of course.
Cheers,
Davy
http://www.playinginthedark.net

2006-02-08 21:15:21

And of course we'd like to host it in our Mods-section as well smile

2006-02-08 21:31:15

yay! robjoy, do it! right now! lol tongue

2006-02-09 07:43:06

Yeah, cool! I was thinking there would be some kind of track and car creator program available.

2006-02-09 15:57:57

Okay guys, i have to read some Darren Shan books, and after it, probably this time will be week-end, i will start to code them.
And the most inportant thing is for free of course.

Best regards,
Robjoy
p.s.: what do you think about $49 for both of them? :LOL:

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-02-10 01:01:15

Yeh, I can't figure out how to make tracks.

2006-02-11 02:15:55

hi,
right a hungarian version... lol, then put a prise of 9345 forints on it, the Hungarians will love it! Hahahahahhaha... most of them don't even know what ts is.. I think US blind gamers are lucky.... very lucky... the luckiest..
Reg:
Tomi
p.s:
I posted a new track, called SlideLand on the comm site, hope to see it up there.. lol

Regards:

tomi

2006-02-11 07:58:02

No, I think us Brits are luckier than the US guys. The exchange rate means the games are cheaper for us, and we can still buy with paypal if we get the games via download and get the key emailed to us tongue

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-02-11 13:02:57

well, i know a few hungarian audiogamers, but these are awesome tongue

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-02-13 16:13:34

erm? you are not going to say that darren shan would let you do that, robjoy? as long as i know, there're 3 books that you (and i) haven't read and 2 are coming out soon! so, what about it? tongue

2006-02-13 20:22:06

OK. Rob. I will be glad, if you release this prog for public use. The best thing, that you can make, is also to put a sorce of it on you web. This should be cool. I'll be whaiting.

Languages don't influence the way we think, but they still have a world and worth in themselves. Celebrate your mother tongue, the world is a diverse place.

2006-02-13 21:25:04

Well guys, i've started this car creator thingy, but the problem is that i dont know how it should be look like.
I tried with one text box, displaying the file's source, and a button which you can go to the next step.
And there is a check box, which you can choose the file for each variable.
But this user interface is not so good.
I'll be glad if you can recommend me ideas about how it should look-like, because i'm writing it for you, and i dont know that how it would be simple.
Best regards,
Robjoy

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-02-13 22:48:00

Perhaps a wizard-style interface where you have radio buttons or edit spin boxes to define each of the values (like the car's speed).  Maybe you should contact Davy and ask what units the measurements are in (I don't remember if it said so in the documentation) like if acceloration can be measured in miles/second with some equation or something.  I also think you should make track creation easier - I am not sure how this can be done.  perhaps by the user pressing the up arrow to move to the next space or maybe a preset amount down the track (5000 units being the smallest) and a little sound (or voice clip) will play telling us the surface and weather etc.  I don't think the interface you described above would be at all adequate since notepad is more straightforward.

James

2006-02-13 22:50:14

Hi. I think the simplest way to do it is to have a set of boxes in a row and at the end of each set of boxes, put an advance button and the next set of boxes will show up.

Game Man

2006-02-14 00:05:37

For the variables such as topspeed, steering, and anything else that needs input, have a description of what it does and jsut a text box to put in the numbers. For haswippers, there should be a checkbox. If you could, for the files, there should be one of those browse buttons.

2006-02-15 22:08:01

Hmm, wish i could set up a vote for this smile

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-02-17 20:01:53

I have an idea. By putting together  oothers' ideas, I have come up with this. The car and tracfk creators would hae to be different. In the car creators, have edit boxes, for steering, top speed, and the sound files associated. You know, like topfreq, idlefreq, and other stuff. For haswipers, this  ought to be a checkbox.
  The tracfk creator would have to be different again. You could have edit boxes for the numbers again, you know, the type of trackpart, and so on, but there's something else. There would have to be a street aadventure option. This would either be in the form of a checkbox, at the end of s setting up your track, or else, yowhen you opened the track creator, there could be a
  "Do you wish this track to be a stret adventure?" dialog, with, of course, a yes, no, and cancel, in case the person decided they didn't want to make a track.
  I hope you like these ideas.

Holden

2006-02-17 22:48:38

They are cool, and i think sooner or later i really will do them, but i wasted my time with godwars2, without creating them lol
Best regards,
Robjoy

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-02-17 23:02:42

Hi,
I am gonna try to make a track and car creator also. It'll show you a ll that I can program huh? Anyway I'll probably start it today, it could be ready next week.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2006-02-18 07:20:43

Mike, i don't think there have to be two car and track creators. i think one is enough. but well...

2006-02-18 13:31:08

Listen mike.
If you can do this little easy program, this doesnt mean that you can make programs, it is not hard, it is the easiest thing.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion