2006-02-04 02:58:22

Hi, just wondering what's going on with QUAG since the game's been announced about five months ago and we haven't heard anything pertaining to its development since.  When do you expect we will see a demo or a trailer?  (I'd like to see if the developers can live up to the name of their organization)

James

2006-02-04 09:22:41

I have no idea why you asked james. heh...

Discord: clemchowder633

2006-02-04 11:49:17

lol, giving him a taste of his own medicine? tongue

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-02-04 13:40:34

quag is still alive. he told me on dudenetowkrs that he has stopped developing z16, however he is making another game.
the name... shade of doom. not to be confused with shades of doom. it sounds very simular i know. but as longa s the game is released, why should we complain? they'll make it some time, i am sure.

2006-02-04 16:40:30

My thought on this is that Z16 was just a giant mod of SL... They stopped development because the levels resembled SL too much. I wonder what "mysteries" Shade Of Doom will bring...

2006-02-04 16:55:07

Hello,
They say z16 no longer under development, but why do we have to wait?
I wanna make my own level, so if someone can help, then reply!
LOOOOOOOOl!

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2006-02-04 17:28:21

robjoy, you sounded like mike with that post. rofl

2006-02-04 18:40:03

Hahahaha! I can see it now. David G's going to blow his top! Shade of Doom? Lemme guess, it's gonna be just exactly the same as Shades of Doom. I can't say I'm all that impressed.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2006-02-04 20:28:21

Well, I can't make since of what you guys are talking with all the initial letters, but answering to the last post, it's not bad if Shade of Dom is the same as Shades of Doom, because we need more of that genre of games anyway.

I am Locutus of Borg. Resistance, is futile. Your life, as it has been, is over. From this time forward, you will service---us.

2006-02-04 21:45:24

It is if the new game is an exact replica. And for your information Locutus this kids' been boasting and braggin about his games when there aren't even any. He's got a web page up but all it is is something that says "coming soon." Most people, at least those with any common sense, would wait until they actually had downloadable materials available before even putting up a site. There's no greater turn-off than finding this new gaming site only to discover that all the games are "coming soon!" particularly when there's little to no info about them to begin with.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2006-02-04 23:05:24

Arjan, that was my aim, to sound like Mike.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2006-02-04 23:57:07

Oh, so you're talking about Mike's company?

I am Locutus of Borg. Resistance, is futile. Your life, as it has been, is over. From this time forward, you will service---us.

2006-02-05 00:08:17

Company? That's a big stretch...

2006-02-05 07:30:27

Yah! Correc... I can't disagree.

2006-02-05 07:33:19

ya, robjoy, i knew that. but still... lol. actually at first i didn't know what quag was. i might have missed the post where mike said it is now quag, instead of quality audio games.

2006-02-05 14:40:57

quag stands for quality audio games. the q u for quality. the a g for audiogames. and shade of doom will be a side-scroller. i suggested a name-change but i don't think that'll happen. a name change with the game, that is. even if the game is not simular, the name is very very simular. i do not knoiw what david will think of this.
i am not sure what'll happen, even if the games are being developed, but we need to wait...

2006-02-05 15:02:13

erm, let's see... and maybe we'll have a topic like the one for monta..., (i can't remember the spelling), and i'll wish i could bang my head against the wall again.

2006-02-05 15:17:54

I am not sure, but I don't think David can really do anything because it is not an exact copy. Even though they may be safe from illegal distribution, the resemblance of the two titles may scare gamers away.

2006-02-05 20:20:38

i know it stands for quality audio games. i also suggest a name change.

2006-02-05 23:08:15

Heh... Brian's right. David's gonna piss off... mike should be glad he doesn't post to the GMA list.

2006-02-05 23:28:10

Not only might it turn folk off but it might, in fact, be seen as weakness. Games usually don't have similar titles unless they're directly related, so if a game comes out that's got a very similar name but dissimilar gameplay, the first thing I (and several folk I should think) are going to ask is "Uh why didn't he make a better title?"
As much as this topic makes me howl, because he's getting what's coming to him, I do want to offer a few alternative names for games in which the name Shade of Doom would fit as a title:
The Paths of Twilight
Shadow of Dusk
Imminence
Omens
The Black Tide

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2006-02-06 00:55:02

That is such an awesome list of names.. and I mean that litterally. That should be one of the names I'll use Jade. Thanks for the suggestions... hahahaha.

2006-02-06 13:33:02

I'd just like to add that Mike said his games would be free, which means Quag technically isn't a company by definition. You're only really a company if you sell games.

I'd also add that using such a similar name seems very disrespectful to GMA. Once again Mike shows his lack of tact.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-02-06 18:23:56

mike, how about "the black shade"?
i think the big boss (ending level) will be a "shade", a sort of creature. at least, that's what mike says on dudenetworks.
jade how do you think of such good titles? i mean.. i made a few scripts, and i think the best script (and title) i tried to make was "revenge of the dragon". i asked people on fc weather it should be "rage of the dragon", they said yes but in the end i decided the title.
also i made "mission zetton", and worked on a sequal but then sort of gave up tongue
lol.
it'll be funny if we can make a textbased version of top speed 2. i mean dog made a version of super liam for mIRC bots... rofl, it was quite good as well. but i tried to make bosses but they didn't work tongue
but when i learn scripting i will think of making good games, and when i learn auto it, i will make audiogames! might need suggestions for titles smile
mixed reguards for mike and all of you,
aaron

2006-02-09 00:44:12

See this is what I am talking about - why learn to write audiogames if you don't even have freaking ideas to begin with?  I've heard several people now saying something like "Once I learn vb/c++/HTML (hah) I'll make some games but I'll need people to tel me what to make/ideas/storyline/names."  I think I might write an article for the upcoming audyssey - there will certainly be at least one review from me.  I think we really need to start getting serious and stop praising all efforts to make more games and begin to realize what is worth playing and what isn't.

James