2011-02-22 20:39:40

@wp85: it's not a bug. The table master has to re-open the table by pressing X to include you in the game.

The reason for this is the scoring: the scoring would be inconsist if there was players always going in and out of the game. Especially in uno, because you could go out and in again and say hey, I'm the best, I have 0 points...

A second reason is because some games requires exactly a fixed number of players. For example, many cards games can only be played with 4 players. IN that configuration, it is logically not possible to join and leave during a game splitted in multiple rounds.

As third and last reason, I would also justify that by saying that the poker game behave like a tournament, not as a cash game: you have a finite stack at the beginning, and it would be unfair for next to bankrupted players to have a new one entering with full stack in the middle of a game.

All these reasons don't have sens for all games, that's true. But to make things simple and behaving the same everywhere, I decided so.

There are 10 kinds of people : those who know binary, and those who don't.

2011-02-22 20:51:04

Ok thanks for clearing that up

Audio game king

2011-02-22 22:54:44

what is the free table option for? Is it just like a chat message room or something?

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2011-02-23 00:03:47

what is the free table option for? Is it just like a chat message room or something?

It's exactly that: just a room to chat, without playing any game.

2011-02-23 09:53:22

what is the jass game about?

2011-02-23 14:51:14

HI,
I just got a chance to download and try the playroom, and I must say, congratulations! The sounds, as I expected from Connect 4, are really good quality, and there are only a few bugs (such as the one that anounces the wrong flop when playing holdem). The only suggestion I have for you, is to translate the documentation from French into English; had i neveer played with the RS Games Client I'd never have figured out how to chat.
Thanks, and keep up the great work!Hi,
I

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-02-23 15:38:32

Another game on their I  really like as well is the 1000 miles.
I  am going to also post about this on the klango forems if someone hasn't already done that.

Audio game king

2011-02-23 16:14:39

Hi,
I'll probably also post this on the Audyssey list--it's definitely worth a look for anyone who likes these kinds of games. I'm still looking for a good rules page on 1000 Miles--can you suggest one?

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-02-23 16:40:33

Well the actual page containing the rules for the games is still in french.
But in any game you can press F1 and get a  short list of the key commands for that game and what they do.
Hope this helps.

Audio game king

2011-02-23 16:45:09

Hi,
That doesn't help me to learn how to play the game itself.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-02-23 23:39:30

Don't be afraid, the game rule translations are in progress.
The poker flop bug is also going to be corrected in the next server release.

I prefer not to give a release date for the rules being translated. I don't want to set a date because I would probably be late anyway. The school has restarted this week and I'm going to begin to work on my bachelor thesis, so I have less time to work on the playroom. I hope you could understand that.

I can infortunately not point to another page on the web that explains 1000 miles in english while waiting for mine. In fact, I have the impression that this game is more or less completely unknown to english speaking people. It looks a bit strange to me, because it is quite popular in french speaking countries and I believed it was so elsewhere.

ABout jass, it's a card game based on tricks and trump. There are many games of that type with slightly different rules across the world. For this one it's normal that you don't know it, because it is a typical swiss game and has not been much exported

I don't know what are klango forems and Audyssey list, but don't hesitate to let people know of the playroom. The more we are, the more fun we can have.

2011-02-23 23:50:10

Hey guys.
Unfortunately I haven't had time to check the client out  because of homework. Try running the french through google translate though. Sure it might garble it a bit, but it should give you a rough aproximation.
If you don't have a wai-aria compatible screen reader, I've kept the old hack I did to make google translate work for blindies over at
http://www.uwod.net/translate.php
Up.
Hope that helps.
Malthe.

2011-02-24 13:19:51

Hi Amaniol,
How can I delete an unrestorable table? I have one.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-02-24 14:55:29

Hi,
Go into the table, then press q to quit.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-02-24 14:59:45

How can I delete an unrestorable table? I have one.

At the moment you can't. Tell me the table you can't restore and I will delete it manually.

Before telling me to delete a table, remember that all players inside a game must be connected and waiting outside of any table in order to be able to make the restoration.
Restoring a table containing absent or busy players does not make sens...

2011-02-24 16:18:29

A table in the BrnBrk1999 account. I'll send my password via the e-mail if you want.

I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-02-24 16:20:20

Hayden wrote:

HI,
I just got a chance to download and try the playroom, and I must say, congratulations! The sounds, as I expected from Connect 4, are really good quality, and there are only a few bugs (such as the one that anounces the wrong flop when playing holdem). The only suggestion I have for you, is to translate the documentation from French into English; had i neveer played with the RS Games Client I'd never have figured out how to chat.
Thanks, and keep up the great work!Hi,
I

Hi Hayden,
Press f2 and type what you want and then press enter.

2011-02-24 16:30:50

Hi BUrak,
No; I said if I hadn't before played with the RS Client, that I wouldn't have known how to chat.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-02-24 17:50:38

hi all
maby hu want play to poker?
i m weyting to players

2011-02-24 17:50:55

Burak, I don't need your password, I can directly modify the database. I just need your nickname and the date when you saved your table if you have more than one.

2011-02-25 04:01:12

I read the documentation for uno with google trans, and still, I still don't understand what responses and interceptions are. Can someone shed some light on this?

This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!

2011-02-25 11:29:27

Aminiel wrote:

Burak, I don't need your password, I can directly modify the database. I just need your nickname and the date when you saved your table if you have more than one.

Hi,
My nick name is BrnBrk1999. Delete all saved tables. Thanks really, real'l'l'l'l'l'ly much.

2011-02-25 13:26:51

I'm kind of surprised that one of our mods hasn't made a news post about the playroom. It's a pretty significant step up.

2011-02-25 14:45:55

Hi,
Yeah; I'malso surprised it hasn't beenposted to teh Audyssey list at all ey: looks like I'll have to take care of that one myself.
smile

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-02-26 00:34:20

I  have a  favor.
Key is full, or someone else on here who has a  klango acount, could you please post the URL in the topic I  created in Klango about this client?
I  tried to do it twice, the first time their were spaces ware they shouldn't bee so I  posted the URL again, but people on those forems are still saying the URL doesn't work.

Audio game king