2011-02-18 15:57:27 (edited by Hayden 2011-02-18 16:03:08)

Hi All,
I have been getting curioius about the rankings (new audio gamer,audio games, advance audio gamer, etc) so I have a question. What are all the rankings and how many posts are required to chieve each?
Something else, although not related to this, interests me. Why are we, in particular, asking not to post anything about World of Warcraft and gold?

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-03-01 14:33:07

Hi,
To get to the audiogamer you must 10 posts. Advanced audiogamer: 100 posts. Hiper advanced audiogamer 500 posts. Super audiogamer 1000 posts.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-03-01 15:06:14

the warcraft and gold thing is because a lot of spammers advertize gold on warcraft, hence the specific note about it.

as regards member rankings, Burac is right.

I believe super hyper advanced happens at 1500 and super hyper uba advanced happens at 2000, with you being allowd a custom title soon after that, but I'm not certain sinse only Cx2 and I have custom titles (and that's certainly not to do with being moderators sinse Lucas hasn't enough posts for one), and we both had a good few posts, about 4000 or so before the custom titles thing was even on the orum.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-03-07 17:14:53

hi all. What the ranking if you hit 200000 post?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2011-03-08 13:04:22

Oo,
really hard to come 200000 posts!
Maybe I'll die while I working to make 200000 posts.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-03-08 17:09:13

Well hanif, I've got five thousand three hundred posts and have been on this forum for about five years three months. that's a rate of roughly a thousand posts a year, which is an average of 2.5 posts a day.

So at that wrate I'd have to live to be over 200 to have two hundred thousand posts!

Even if you made an average of ten posts a day, it would stil take you fifty years to get two hundred thousand posts, ---- and who knows what would happen to this forum in 50 years, ---- we might all be hooked up directly to the internet by our brains by then and just think at each other instead of posting ;D.

So, the long and short of it is nobody knows, and it's very unlikely anyone will ever find out!

Generally the most posts I've seen people have on web forums are something in the region of11 or 12 thousand, and that only after they've been on there for at least four years, and probably more.

This is why in the title system, even getting over 2000 posts is an achievement, sinse you'll probably need to hang around the forum for at least a year, ---- maybe more to get that many posts.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-03-09 22:52:15

Hi,
Well...if Richard can get a hundred thousand posts...

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-03-10 06:09:11

If our brains were hooked up directly, how would we play audiogames? How would we download them to our computers? Would we send them around by floppy disc? Think about that. smile

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2011-03-10 09:34:34

burak wrote:

Oo,
really hard to come 200000 posts!
Maybe I'll die while I working to make 200000 posts.

hahahaahahahahahahahahahahaha! very big joke!

2011-03-12 01:59:50

I don't think richard has a hundred thousand posts, we'd certainy notice if he did.

As for hooking brains up to computers, why not stil download games? I was only imagining brains as an input devices, there are afterall already experiments in controling things with nerve impulses. The information and games would stil need to be stored somewhere, ie, on a computer, and if it were on a computer it would be transferable to other machines.

of course by then we might even be able to transfer iinfo directly into the brain, ---- though i think that is far less likely than the other way around.