2011-02-11 00:18:00

Hey all, How do I delete microsoft anna? I'm sick and tired of her, and I can't change the computer's default voice in control panel like you can in xp. So, can I delete microsoft anna? Or, is there some way to change the computer's default voice? Like I said, I go into the control panel and find a voice selection thing and all I see is stupid, horribly-sounding worse than microsoft sam microsoft anna. Thanks.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2011-02-11 00:25:49

You need to have multiple sapi5.1+ voices installed. Assuming you do... I don't know about Windows 7, but I know that Windows Vista changed many things, but still let's you change the default voice via "text to speech" in the control panel.
If Windows 7 actually removed that capacity, then I'm simply flabbergasted. Perhaps it's in the "ease of access center"?

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-02-11 02:11:22

Hello CAE Jones. I have other sapi 5 voices on the computer, but when I go to ease of access, I see text to speech, but when I look at the voice selection, It says the only voice is microsoft anna even though I have vw Kate on the computer. And I can change the voice in some programs if it has an option, but it seems like most games made with bgt use sapi and they use the computer's default voice, and I have to listen to hard to understand, annoying Anna and there's no way to change it. So how do I delete microsoft anna forever? Thanks

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2011-02-11 02:22:42

Well, if no other voices are showing up, deleting microsoft Anna will probably just stop sapi voicing altogether.
The only explanation that I can think of is that Windows 7 doesn't like VW Kate, but if you've used Kate elsewhere, it should be showing up.

I imagine if you really want to remove Microsoft Anna, you'd probably need to use "add/remove programs" (Hm, I think the name of that might have been needlessly changed as well...).

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-02-11 04:49:41 (edited by SplendidFault 2011-02-11 04:53:11)

Hello,

It is obvious that you are using a 64-bit version of Windows 7, and the voice you're trying to use is for 32-bit versions of Windows only. You can, however, use the intended voice via other methods like screen readers, some TTS-based interfaces etc, but you will not be able to use it as default voice of Windows.

As a last resort, contact the manifacturer for obtaining a copy of 64-bit version of the voice that you're trying to use.

Standing by the window, eyes upon the moon,
Hoping that the memory will leave her spirit soon.

2011-02-11 09:35:47

Right, the only remaining explanation I can think of. Also, Microsoft anna and even Sapi as such is not removable from the add/remove programs pannel, I believe. you would have to find it directly in the system or use another software to remove it. BGT is gonna support direct Sapi voice changing soon, without influencing anything else in the system, and it should also be able to work with 32-bit voices installed on 64-bit systems, although I can't be 100% sure about that. What will matter then is if the developers of the actual games in question will decide to update their games or not. :-)
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.