2023-01-26 10:44:09

Dear everyone,
Today we will temporarily turn the AudioGames forum in maintenance mode. The transition of the Audiogames forum into maintenance mode is an exciting step forward for the community. The move to a new server will not only improve the website, but also give moderators more control and influence over the site. This is a big undertaking, as the forum contains a vast amount of posts (over 700k posts!), but it is necessary for the future growth and development of the community. In the end, this maintenance period will be worth it as it will lead to a better user experience for all members. So, let's be patient and stay excited for the changes to come!

While we understand that the short notice may be surprising, we apologize for any inconvenience and want to assure our community that this migration is necessary in order to keep the forum running smoothly and continue to provide a valuable resource for all members. Our old host has discontinued support for certain software, and we have to migrate the website before the end of the month to ensure its continued operation. We are working diligently and tirelessly to make this transition as seamless as possible, and we thank you for your patience and understanding as we work towards a better future for the Audiogames community.

Richard and Sander

2023-01-26 16:11:21 (edited by mazen 2023-01-26 16:11:40)

Awesome!

2023-01-26 17:54:16

I did a complete migration, but the new server is a bit slow. I've asked Carter to help me to optimise some settings...

2023-01-27 00:47:31

What will this mean in terms of posting? Strangely I haven't seen anything on the staff server popping up in my notifications, so am wondering if I've mised anything here.

2023-01-27 01:21:29

This is awesome news!

2023-01-28 11:20:28

This is great news. So just to clarify: This newforum thing is mirroring the old forum for the duration of the migration/maintenance period. As soon as that is done, the forum will switch back over to the standard address and link, which will then be a different forum software, etc. Correct? Sorry for any misunderstandings, I don't really know much about this type of stuff.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2023-01-28 20:04:29

Ooooooh I would hope so. I know some newer forum software has tools to migrate punBB content over to new forum software, but forget which software. discourse has it but not sure how it would work with this current out of date software, phpBB I think... Has it but don't quote me on that. I could be vary wrong. Going to be honest here. I do hope plans for a new and up to date forum software is truly up on the table as that's what I've been hearing as trying to fix this one is just like putting a bandaid over it and calling it good. as I'm sure yall know, not the best way to go about it IMO hehehehehe. Newer forum software already has a ton of new features that a lot of people have been asking for and a lot more and it's gunna be way better down the line rather than fixing this one up, which would take longer. All this to say, keep up the good work and can't wait to see what's up next!

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy