2011-01-08 04:17:46

Hi everyone,
Just wondering, but is there a compiler for windows for compiling C++ that works with JFW?
Thanks,

Daniel

2011-01-08 07:12:51

I'm not familiar enough with C++ to know for sure, but I know that microsoft visual studio seemed reasonably accessible when I messed with it... like ten years ago. I had no idea what I was doing, so I didn't see much...

I think it came in a package with various other game development tools, but oddly the key that worked with my copy of office97 worked with it as well.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-01-08 14:39:34

I've never used Jaws but there is a nice free C++ compiler called "Dev C++" I have used quite a few times in the past.  Since it is a free download there is no harm grabbing it to see if it will suit your needs.  I don't remember the website off hand but you could probably find it with a google search super fast.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2011-01-09 01:38:55 (edited by daniel 2011-01-09 05:09:29)

ok thanks everyone,
If I may ask, is there an accessable program for writing in visual basic as well?
Thanks,

Daniel

2011-01-09 06:55:37

The visual basic 6 software seems pretty straight forward but I have no way of knowing whether or not it is accessible.  Well let me rephrase that, I don't know whether or not it will work with Jaws.  Odds are pretty high that it will work with some microsoft accessible software since they also wrote the visual basic compiler.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2011-01-09 14:43:53

As far as I remember dev-c++ works fine, though that's an IDE which uses mingw for compiler.
Last I heard visual studio worked fine too.
Vb6 also, though thats pretty much deprecated. Switch to DotNet.
I don't write much stuff for windows anymore, as I've done the switch to mac. Sorry that I can't be of more help.
Malthe.

2011-01-09 17:36:55

If you are not afraid by command line , just try MinGW alone and forget all those partially or completely unaccessible IDE.

There are 10 kinds of people : those who know binary, and those who don't.

2011-04-09 21:37:27

use linux

2011-04-09 21:39:32

or an IPhone
in cydia you can grab GCC
and GCC++
jusst do the following:
open cydia
double tap the bottom right corner
then search  BSD subsystem
download
then search open SSH
download it
then search for GCC
download it
then you can compile C by SSHing your device
I think GCC++ is on cydia too.

2011-04-13 10:30:02

Those binaries won't run on windows though, so if that's what you're looking for, use MinGW.

2011-04-13 14:00:46

Hi,
Um...I think we were looking for something easy to get; having to learn the gnome interface and get an iPhone to get a C++ compiler? That sounds...

Best Regards,
Hayden