2022-06-09 19:43:07 (edited by abdallah 2022-06-25 18:40:53)

#MediaPlayerPro1.2 with subtitle support
hi everyone.
MediaPlayerPro1.2 comes with some features.
first you can join the telegram channel for the program from:
https://t.me/mediaplayerpro
changes:
1: Added the feature of reading subtitle files:
This feature enables you to read the subtitle files that come with movies or series, or various things for which subtitle files are available.
You can play the clip, then press control+shift+s to access the subtitle file selection dialog, browse and click on the subtitle file.
NVDA automatically will speak, but, you can  select SAPI5 as the reader for your subtitle file.
First, we open Settings and go to Subtitles Settings section.
In this section there are some settings:
*Read subtitles: When this option is disabled, the screen reader will stop speaking the subtitles, even if they are available.
*Automatically load the subtitle file: If this option is enabled, the program will check if there is a subtitle file in the same path with the same name as the file that was played, if available, it will run the subtitle file.
*Use sapi5 to read subtitles: When this option is selected, subtitle files will be spoken by sapi5.
*Choose the voice: to select the voice to be used, note that only the voices installed on sapi5 appear.
*Test: To do test to the voice.
*Reading speed: to choose the speed of speak, there are 5 speeds available at the moment.
*Volume level: to choose the volume level between 0.1 to 1.0.
At the moment, the volume option is unread, but I will try to solve this problem with the next update.
2: Favorites have been redesigned to be better than before.
Where you can now create categories and add different categorys to favorite.
After entering the favorite, the window will be in the following order:
*Categories: Through this selection box, you can move between the previously created categories. A default category comes with the name of the default category.
*Favorites list, here the items for the category that were selected from the categories box appear. When you look at any category, it will automatically show its items in this list.
The way to display the information about the clip added to the favourites has been changed. After standing on it, it is enough to press f1 to find out its information.
*Open all items as a list: If this button is pressed, the program will open all items in the list in the form of a list, and you can move between them with the next and previous button, which is by default pageup / pagedown.
Note, at the moment when you open all items as a list, when you exit the program and come back it does not open the selected category.
*Add a new category: You can create a new category through this button, after pressing it, it will prompt you to type a name for this category, then press OK.
*Delete Category: With this option, you can delete the category with the items in this category.
*Close: To close the window.
3: When you click on the “Add to Favorites” option, or press the shortcut control+p, a window will appear as follows:
*Choose the category: to choose the category to which you want to add the clip.
*Name: to change the default name, which is the file name automatically, note, this name appears in the favourites.
*Add, to add the track.
*Add a new category: Also from here you can create a new category.
*Close: to close the window and cancel.
4:The Comments window has been redesigned, now a dialog appears above the main window, and the items are arranged as follows:
*Comments list, is the same list in which comments appear.
*Comment text: In this edit field, the comment appears as a text and not a list item, so you can navigate by words and characters easily, when you stand on a comment, the comment will automatically become in this text field.
*Copy Comment: To copy the selected comment to the clipboard.
*Close: to close the window.
5: You can now copy the description of the video by pressing the shortcut control+i.
download link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/rwi1rg77 … 2.exe/file
to who dont know the program, the next text for the first version.
<Program designed for nvda screen reader users.
This program plays various media files and facilitates their control accessible 100% with screen readers.
In an easy way, where the user customizes what he wants from the speech within the program.
The program supports various media formats, including:
.mp3, .ogg, .wav, .m4a, .mp4.
etc.
# Features of the program:
1: speech  control, where you can select what you want from the available speech settings, which are as follows:
* Speak pause / resume.
* Speak the elapsed time when forward and rewind.
* Speak the volume when you control it.
2: You can open an entire folder in the program, and move around in files quite easily, and the features related to folders are as follows:
* The feature to delete a file is available from within the program.
* Folder search feature, you can run a file from the search results, and you can also copy the file path, or go to the file path and place the cursor on it through the context menu.
3: Load the entire folder after opening a file: This feature allows you to open the entire folder containing the played file.
4: Save the last played file with the position it was stopped at, after running the program it will reopen the file and move to the position it was stopped at, also if you open the folder in any way, it will reopen the folder when you run the program from its shortcut, and you can also Disable this feature in the settings.
5: Go to a file by typing the file number in the folder.
6: Play YouTube clips via the video link.
7: Search YouTube: Through this feature, you can search YouTube for videos and play them in the program. You can also copy the video link, or the link of the channel that contains the video, or open the video in the browser, or open the channel in the browser.
The YouTube search window contains a selection box, to load all the downloaded results into a list, and it becomes controlled as a folder, you can move between the results and the result will be played automatically.
Folders features also apply to the above feature, if the program is closed, it will keep these results and return them after opening the program.
By loaded results, I mean the results in the list, the more results you move to the end of the list, the more results will be loaded.
8: Read the comments of YouTube videos from within the program.
At first, only 20 comments will be uploaded, and when you reach the end of the list, more will be uploaded. This is to avoid some problems if there are a lot of comments.
9: Choose the forward seek 1/60 seconds, you can specify this from the settings, and you can forward the clip through numbers, not the side numbers, I mean the upper ones that are located at the top of the keyboard.
10: The feature of repeating the clip, that is, after it ends, the clip will be played again.
11: Go to the next clip feature: The clip repeat feature must be disabled for this feature to work, and this feature applies to folders and search results if available.
12: Control most of the program's features through global shortcuts with the ability to hide the program window.
You can open the files through the option that the program creates in the context menu after it is installed.
You can also set the program as the default program manually for the time being.
youtube tracks play as audio, not video.
you can read the entire program’s shortcuts through the help file, you can read it from within the program by pressing F1.
download link
https://www.mediafire.com/file/kq44ktzb … o.exe/file
regards.

battle.net tag abdallah#22878 the new one because i lost my previous account
my facebook

2022-06-09 19:57:31

What makes this better than something like, say, Foobar2000, Winamp, or VLC? All the features you listed are cool, but I can do all of that in Foobar, and a lot more. Plus, Foobar A, has an official download page, and B, is mainstream and much more popular.

2022-06-09 20:03:44

@2
Thanks for comment, you are free to choose what you use  brother, I did something for myself and then loved to share it, that's okay.

my facebook

2022-06-10 01:37:57

yey finally i can accessably read the coments  on yt. now can we write them...

hi. bye.

2022-06-10 01:44:56

Seriously, I don’t understand what people like @2 get from coming in here and saying things like "why should I use this over that."  Someone makes a program that they want to share and nobody asked you to switch to it. That post is not necessary

2022-06-10 01:53:56

@5, uh, yeah it kinda is necessary. If you release a product to the world, one of the major questions you need to answer is "why?" Specifically, why should anyone use it? Your product needs to be compelling enough that people will actually use it. I mean, you don't "have" to answer that question, nor do you have to sell your product to the masses, but then whether you'll get any users is up for debate. This requirement -- to convince users -- is a good thing; its what makes innovation happen. It forces people to be creative.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2022-06-10 01:56:58

@5: Exactly what Ethin said. Plus, that was an actual question. Does this provide any advantages over what I'm presently using? Convince me. It's a part of marketing.

2022-06-10 02:19:02

I'd consider it a useful question. It would take a lot to get me off of Foobar2000, and I don't think I would ever just not have it, but I might use something else most of the time unless I need to do something FB2is really good at, like decoding and playing back esoteric formats.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2022-06-10 02:21:56

oh didn’t know that. I just thought the question was asked because all those other things were out there. I didn’t think about that question forcing  inovation. Sorry

2022-06-10 02:36:45

@9, yeah, its all about marketing. You don't have to be an expert in it; nobody expects that out of you or anyone else. You just need to be innovative enough that users will go "Oh I'm gonna try this". They don't have to stick with it; as long as you've got people giving it a go, that's a pretty big step. Keeping users using your product is significantly more difficult.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2022-06-10 02:42:36

I see. Maybe this is why I failed at youtube lol

2022-06-10 02:48:53

@7 you can read comments on this. can you do that with fubar I don't know as I haven't used it.

hi. bye.

2022-06-10 02:57:33

TheQuinbox wrote:

What makes this better than something like, say, Foobar2000, Winamp, or VLC? All the features you listed are cool, but I can do all of that in Foobar, and a lot more. Plus, Foobar A, has an official download page, and B, is mainstream and much more popular.

Now that you mention it,  this app  seems really identical to  calliope4.0, renova music, and media/. What’s the purpose of this app, if all the other apps can basically do the same thing, if not similar.

The people who love you the most,   are the people who matter most in your life.

2022-06-10 03:21:49

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding this, but when you mention how the media player speaks to you, are you referring to subtitles? If so, this would be very valuable to me while watching YouTube videos in other languages so I can follow along. Unless, of course, Foobar or VLC has a pluggin for that.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2022-06-10 03:22:50 (edited by Rich_Beardsley 2022-06-10 03:23:36)

@9, so what you mean to say is that if you were using an app like TweeseCake, and I come along and say Hey. Use Social Client. No real reason that it's better than the other options out there, use it just because, you wouldn't ask me to list some of the advantages of my client? Seems like you're gonna get ripped off quite a bit if you don't even bother getting information and just use something because you heard about it and thought it was good.

2022-06-10 03:56:53

SO the funny thing is, people who are asking why this over something else clearly didn't even read the entire first post. I read the topic title, and my first reaction was, I highly doubt we need another media player. The pro in the title also made me think it's paid, so I was like this could be really bad.
However, looking more closely at the first post, you can absolutely see some unique features that Foobar doesn't have, whether because it's a blind specific feature or because nothing like that was made. Some of these include telling you the position as you are seeking through the file, as far as I understand this is optional, but it can be quite useful in certain contexts, reading Youtube comments on a video, speaking as you adjust the volume (again, I personally don't need this, but there are people who like this kind of confirmation that they are indeed performing the shortcut ), and a few other minor additions like allowing you to delete a certain file directly from the player.
Is it revolutionary? I highly doubt it, seeing as to how it's really difficult to actually seriously compete with Foobar, an advanced player that is being developed for over 10 years at least. However, it doesn't need to be.
Also, the first post was written exactly how it should be. The developer should advertise his own program and tell you which features it offers. He  doesn't need to list 5 other products that offer the same thing and compare his app to them. He absolutely can, but it's  by no means mandatory or should be expected every time. That's up to you as a user to see whether these features are intriguing enough to check it out.
Finally, as a last thought,  for someone who just needs a simple player where they don't have to do a lot of configuration of shortcuts manually, this is certainly a good option. I am a huge Foobar fan, but I am not a fan of having to configure pretty much every shortcut manually. Yes, once  you're done you never have to do it again.
As a conclusion, go to any app store and search for media player, check how many results you get of apps offering you pretty much same functionality. I mean, we have 4 different Twitter clients doing pretty much the same thing, with only  one of them trying to be a multy purpose suite of clients. Choice is  beautiful. I for  one have issues now with the Foobar Youtube addon where it again refuses to play certain videos, it probably needs an update again, but that's exactly where having an alternative you can pick up and use is great.
I'll probably check this out later today.
The only actual advice I can give for now is to try to get some sort of central place where you can host this if you are going to continue maintaining it, since it's pretty difficult to remember, oh I use this media player that you download from Mediafire as opposed to some actual website.

2022-06-10 04:17:34

Plus you have to keep in mind that this guy just probably made this as a project for himself. Heck, it may have even been a school assignment or something like that. If you read post 3 you'll see what I mean.

-----
Matthew's Horse Needs Your Support!
Discord: misterkrabs69

2022-06-10 09:47:56 (edited by Chris 2022-06-10 09:55:39)

This is really badass! I love the integrated YouTube player and ability to directly read comments! Here are a few suggestions in no particular order.

The program should be able to download videos either as the original files or allowing conversion to formats like mp3.
I'd like the ability to sort YouTube comments from oldest to newest or newest to oldest so I can read through them chronologically.
Searching for YouTube content should be possible from the menus in addition to the keystroke, which took me a long time to figure out because I had to read the documentation.
If possible, allow the program to be the default media player when opening files in Explorer. Keep up the great work!

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2022-06-10 10:07:11 (edited by StormProductions 2022-06-10 10:09:13)

Probably this guy doesn't even want to convince you to use his product. It's just that he made it for himself, then publicly released it just to see how it goes. You jumping the gun on him like this won't make him feel glad for this decision.
I can just say, I appreciate posts like @16 and @17, which really tried to encourage the guy by providing valuable feedback. Or, you can try doing like @18 did and suggest new features instead of asking questions like hey, why should I use this? Nobody asked you to. Just use whatever you feel confortable using.

Email: [email protected]
Discord: StormProductions
Telegram: https://stormproductions.t.me/

2022-06-10 10:19:25

@ 18
Thank you, brother.
I will try to add  your suggestions, now the exams period will come, and then I will work on the program again after its.

my facebook

2022-06-10 16:12:29

Needs a website. Not sure why, but I can't download from mediafire at the moment.

2022-06-10 17:04:20

I want something better than calliope, add possibility to play daisy books then I will be glad leaving it.

meow meow.

2022-06-10 20:26:58

@19, again, its all about marketing. It has nothing to do with beating the guys confidence down or something like you seem to think it is. Any marketing professional will tell you the same thing.

My Github

2022-06-10 20:36:34

@23
I do not want to market my program in order to convince the returnee, I write the program's features, and whoever sees himself liked these features can download and use it.
But don't tell me come and convince me with this program so that I can use it, and what will I gain in the end if you are convinced or not.
My greetings.

my facebook

2022-06-10 23:49:29

I dont know. I've never seen a program that allowed one to read comments with this way. Pretty nice addition