2010-12-11 11:20:57

I was in fact wondering if someone could give me a hand with this or make more of it than I could.

As well as all their other merchandize like T shirts and caps and such, the Leviathan chronicles are also now producing special edition episodes for sale.

The main series will stil be free, these are just extras that do side story type stuff, and sinse they're going for the princely some of 2 dollars, I really don't mind that much.

However, the sale controls seem to be totally inaccessible! rather than doing the sensible thing and working through their conventional store, they've got this whacky web page with funky controls for selecting each track and adding to cart.

I can find "add to cart" buttons next to each entry, but clicking them does nothing, and I don't find a pluss symble anywhere, (I smell graphics).

I've mailed the author, who's usually quick to respond to this sort of thing (I offered if all else failed to do a direct paypal transfer), but no reply.

so if people have a look at this page and see what they can make of it, and whether it is an access issue.

I've tried creating an account and loguing in, but that seemed to do no good either as it only gave me access to their forum.

I'm sure given the quality of the rest of the series these will be extremely good, ---- if it's actually possible to pay for the bloody things that is, and I certainly don't mind 2 usd per episode, ----- it's far more reasonable than the prices companies like big finish or graphic audio charge for their downloadable dramas, ---- which actually work out more expensive than dvds!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2010-12-11 17:07:30

Hello,dark.I whent on the site,and it was accessible to me.There's a table,first the ad to cart graphic,but its clickable,then the name of the drama.When you click on them,nothing will seem to happen,but when you click on go to cart button,a page will open,and there you'll be able to check out,or remove some items and stuff.It worked fine with jaws,though it might be something to do with hal.
HTH

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2010-12-11 17:46:06

Hmmm, most odd. I keep getting told zero items in cart even when I've clicked on both buttons.

I think I see the problem, the plusses are images that are hard coded into the website as graphics. hal does not recognize graphics but looks for the base code behind them. This is one reason it's so good for online games and games like smugglers sinse usually there is a standard graphics format such as a jpg or a usual control which it's possible to find, and if not, you can just click on the appropriate area of text.

For some very stupid reason though, the author decided to use a hard coded graphic, not a standard website control so Hal's not able to read it, sinse Hal geenerally cuts out bog standard graphic objects to cut down on spam.

I'll send the producer another E-mail.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)