2010-11-26 07:05:34

Hi guys. I installed Realspeak onto my Windows 7 Machine last night. All went well, although I did get this message at the end of the installation.
Installer Information
Module C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\RealSpeakSolov4\speech\components\co
mmon\ssftrssolo.ocx failed to register. HRESULT
-2147220473. Contact your support personnel.
The only button was an ok button. However when I went to change the default Saip voice in Control Pannel, everything seemed to work fine. Does anyone know how to solve this issue, and is it really necesary?
Cheers,
cj

2010-11-26 10:16:11

I've not heard of this one, it's entirely possible though that sinse (if I remember rightly), windows 7 uses a version of sapi later than five, there could've been a version conflict.

I know for instance that the old Microsoft Mike, mary and sam voices won't run or install on windows 7, though I've never heard of anyone having trouble with voices produced by companies such as realspeak.

ultimately though, if it's working, ---- why worry?

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2010-11-26 10:34:12

Yeah, that's what I thought. Its nothing really to worry about, I was just curious.