2022-01-21 17:34:24 (edited by Dark 2022-01-21 17:35:36)

From elizzyviolet the developer of slime girl caverns, is this new, erotic text based game of dungeon diving with lusty demons.

Before going on, be aware that this is again an erotic game and features descriptions of sexual intercourse (well all the enemies are succubae).

the descriptions here are pretty minimal imho, even less so than in slime girl caverns, still since basically this game is full of demons all trying to have their wicked way with you, people should be aware of what they're getting into.

Okay disclaimer over, what is this game about?

The game features you, a male mage, waking up after a drunken night out to find that you've been teleported to the succubus draining maze of the game's title.

your mission is to escape before the succubae beat you into submission, or drain all your levels from you.

yes levels!

Even though the interface, gameplay and elements will be very familiar to anyone whose played slime girl caverns, the execution here is quite unique.

You begin as a level 40 mage, with an arsenal of different spells of different casting levels available to you. The higher the level the spell, the fewer times you can cast it (fifth level spells you can only cast once).

You also have chaos spells which are free to cast, but have unpredictable effects or random damage.

Manner potions will let you get more mana points to cast different level spells, but not many.

The catch however, is that the succubae want your mage levels.
Often, a succubus will offer you a free pass, if you give her some of your mage levels.

the problem of course, is that as you lose mage levels, you lose access to higher level spells.

combine this with a randomly generating dungeon, and chaos potions which have unpredictable effects, and you've got the recipe for a very unique game requiring some quite tactical decisions, ---- I did actually manage to make it through my first time, but that I suspect was due to luck, and the fact that one decision I made had a major effect on the final boss.

Access wise, everything is fine, though bare in mind in battle when you click on a certain level of spells or potions, the list of spells will open in a dialogue, so you might need to go to the top and click on that dialogue to open it.

The game is  available on itch.io, and can be Played online here, or downloaded from this page,

Have fun!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2022-01-21 20:21:51

I've already found a bug. My inventory says mana potion, but when chugging it down it restores 50 health instead.

2022-01-21 22:30:05 (edited by Dark 2022-01-21 22:31:37)

Yep Aaron I noticed that as well, .
However, it's only the text that is bugged, not the mechanics.

What I mean is, though the description in battle says you chug down a potion and get 50 health, if you look at your spells, you'll notice you have indeed got one extra mana point of each category, and not 50 more hp.

I reported this on the Itch.io comments so it'll hopefully be fixed in a later version, though for the time being you can just ignore the message and use mana potions as needed.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2022-01-22 04:43:06

The game speaks of two things that I haven’t found yet, sleeping being able to recover your magic, and having gold in general. Seriously, not one fight has netted me any profit whatsoever.

2022-01-22 09:58:49 (edited by Dark 2022-01-22 09:59:51)

I didn't find any occasions to sleep myself, but I did sometimes find some gold.

It's not a post fight reward as in most games, you have to find it in a random encounter, and it does have it's uses.

2022-01-22 17:15:48

I also don’t understand the rules very well. It says that their goal is to drain me of my levels, which is fine, but I died at level 40 and it told me to restart, but I thought that if I died, I would go down a few levels, rinse and repeat until I simply ran out of levels to drain and died for good.

2022-01-22 17:43:37

Again, draining levels is something that happens throughout the game in some encounters, you probably didn't run into it.

There is no game plus feature, when you lose, you lose, indeed achievement progressive achievements and multiple game stat tracking are something I'd like to see in the future.

~For survival, I generally found it was firstly a matter of avoiding fights as much as possible, and during battles, a matter of conserving mana points by making chaos spells (especially chaotic entanglement), my main mode of attack, and using the magic points to do things like escape grapples, boost spell damage or avoid will power draining attacks.

sometimes when down to the wire I'd pull out something like darken ray or delayed arcane blast, but I tried to avoid this until it was really necessary.

Chaos potions also I found useful, though obviously drinking one meant giving the enemy a free swing.

Oddly enough as compared to slime girl caverns, I didn't' use the dodge action much, though thinking about it, it might have been helpful to dodge grapple attacks.

Also however unlike slime girl caverns, healing potions I used a fair amount, usually because enemy attacks even if they hit would do less than the potion recovered, and since I couldn't guarantee healing any other way, I found the trade off worth it.

2022-01-23 05:33:41

Thanks for the tips.

2022-01-23 15:16:25

Dark, what's up with you finding half of the adult rated content on here?
big_smile

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2022-01-23 16:54:31 (edited by Dark 2022-01-23 16:57:09)

@LordLundin, not sure what you mean exactly.

I found slime girl caverns because someone asked for the chosen rpg, and I ran into it by mistake, thought the mechanics sounded interesting enough to try and they did turn out to be.

I found this one because I enjoyed slime girl caverns and am following ellizyviolet.

That's about it really.

A few years ago, I was consciously checking games like corruption of champions and flexible survival, just to prove I was over my genophobia, though only with games I'd previously tried and found too much.

I don't go out of my way to look for erotica, indeed after running into a few things that are basically just smut and not much else, heck even flexible survival these days has sort of over run my smut to gaming ratio, I don't tend to check adult stuff unless there's some reason to expect some gaming in there too.

That being said, if I find something good game wise I'll post it, adult content or not, and yeah, I like text rpgs, be they erotic or otherwise.

Actually as I said on the itch.io page, I'd like it if Elizybiolet created a standard, or at least pg13 version of succubus draining maze, to let younger players experience the great combat  and mechanics without the other stuff.

2022-01-23 17:11:17

I know, I'm just pulling your leg ... or if this was flexible survival, your tail, or maybe other parts of you as well ...

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2022-01-24 15:27:53

Apologies for taking your comments a little too seriously there, after all what is a little body part pulling between friends, mmmm, better not answer that question big_smile.