2022-01-20 20:51:11

This is a copy of the newsletter that was sent to our subscribers. To sign up to received news directly to your inbox, sign up here.

Hi all,

The 2MB crew are excited to present a new game title. Haunted House is available now for all. For anyone in the $10 tier and higher of 2MB Patron, you can download the game for free. Patrons in the $5 tier will need to purchase the original game for the full price but will get additional games for free. In addition, the first pack of expansion games is available. For anyone who would like to become a patron, they can sign up here. You can find the original game with 3 games, and the expansion pack 1 with 3 more at those links.

About the Game

Haunted house is an eerie dream-scape like series of challenges. Sometimes, the dream can turn into a nightmare. There you are, bobbing for apples, when suddenly skeletal hands grab you and hold you under water. You are an evil witch, capturing trick-or-treaters using your magical golem when suddenly you get too close to the forest and crash into the trees. You suddenly awake in a cellar and have to escape before the deranged killer who put you there gets back. It doesn’t sound too difficult until you discover very restless undead who don’t want you to leave… ever. You can help a skeleton with its desire to become a world famous bard, and a lot more.

The game will keep evolving over time with more packs released for it from time to time. Once again, members in the $5 and higher tier will get these updates for free.

Haunted House will work on all platforms Linux, Mac, and Windows. As with all 2MB products, haunted House is open source.

If you’d like to get free access, sign up for patron here. Otherwise, you can purchase the original game and the expansion pack 1 right now.

Happy gaming, we hope you enjoy haunted house!

-Michael and Billy.2MB Solutions.

P.S. We’d love to hear your feedback! Just reply to this email to contact us.

P.P.S. We don't generally monitor forum topics, but to contact us with questions or feedback, contact us here.

Michael and Billy, 2MB Solutions.
2MB Games Website
Games, software, and more.

2022-01-20 21:33:43

@1 great news, happy to see something from you guys

"But did you, in your three-piece psychology and 1950's technobrain,
ever take a look behind the eyes of the hacker?  Did you ever wonder what
made him tick, what forces shaped him, what may have molded him?"

2022-01-20 21:36:26

Hi.
What is the price if you're not a Patron?

2022-01-20 21:38:10

Glad to hear you guys are still active

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2022-01-20 22:16:12

Having bought the game, here are my thoughts: the sound design strikes me as intending to make you laugh, evenwhen you die (my favorite being the sound you get as you are suffocating underwater in Bobbing for Apples, which reminds me a bit of someone vomiting into a toilet); the games are captivating and draw you back in (my favorite being Escape the Cellar, where I somehow managed to survive for three minutes); and I especially like the fact that more expansions will be coming in the future. I encourage everyone to become a patron and support 2MB Solutions, they make really good work! Rock on!

2022-01-20 22:52:12

@3, it's $10 for the game and an additional $10 for the expantion pack.

I just bought both. I'm always a sucker for fun minigames, especially endless ones where you keep playing until you die, and it sounds like there are at least a few of those in here. Unfortunately I'm about to head out to eat with family so I won't be able to check this out for a couple hours. So suffice it to say, the suspense for what I'll be getting into when I get back home is mounting a bit.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2022-01-20 22:57:04

So I tried to use Google Pay to buy the base game but it says I need an account in order to do so. The my account page does not contain a link to register for an account. Where can I find it?

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2022-01-20 23:39:36

is there an audio demo of this?

follow me on
twitter
now go away, don't talk to me

2022-01-21 00:21:06

This sounds great, I've been impressed at the design in the existing 2mb titles, especially the way games with simple mechanics, like mine racer can still be really challenging, , i like the idea of progressive expantions, though I personally am more a fan of buying something outright than a subscription system.

one question I do have though, is are there any plans for achievements or the like that people could play for across multiple games, EG popping x number of balloons, getting a total score, or time played, since things like that can add a lot to arcade games by giving players targets to work for, even as they play the games multiple times?

I really hope this does well and that we see more games and more expantions in the future as well, since that would be great for a successive set of releases, whether bought singly or via subscription.

@animal metal, yep, there's a very nice audio demo video On this link.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2022-01-21 01:02:11

I figured it out, for some reason the register link wasn't appearing when I clicked login from the cart screen but it did from the homepage.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2022-01-21 04:59:43

Yeah, I had to select a few other boxes which I didn't see.
Note to users, if you buy anything from 2mb don't use firefox, use chrome or edge to do the shopping part because for whatever reason it worked better.
I have already emailed 2mb about this stuff but for all those that are about, the instructions file is missing.
Next pricing.
I didn't mind spending cash on the game, but 10 bucks for a game and 10 bucks for an expantion pack I don't know if its worth it.
I looked at mineracer and its like 7 bucks and I got it for 5 bucks.
For what it is worth the game is worth 5 bucks for the thing, and maybe each pack is worthh like 2-3 bucks.
I was curious so brought the game.
I'd do the patron thing but for everything with little from you guys paying like 10 bucks a month for long periods of silence just isn't my deal.
I like the chip logo at startup.
All this stuff is arcade like.
When I play this stuff I imagine myself sitting in front of an old fashoned cabinet, putting a coin in the slot and bashing away at the buttons while munching on popcorn.
Would I pay for these at the current price, yeah just because I am curious.
But either put all instructions in the game and or include the instructions file please.

2022-01-21 08:29:39

i have got both the game and the pack 1 and its cool and i love it smile i can't wait for the next pack to come along:)

joseph weakland, the crazy party fan:P

2022-01-21 08:56:32

Hi.
I don't mind paying for games, but I don't like all the Patron stuff. I know that I can support the developers via Patron. I don't need to reminded about this in every sentence they write.
I have a question about Open source: How can an open sourced game cost money. What stops others from releasing the games for free, when they are open source?
I might buy the original game and see how I like it.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2022-01-21 08:59:44

I am a patron for this company and I thoroughly enjoyed testing the games.

2022-01-21 09:23:28

This looks really fun, and there is an audio demo. I have a weird computer setup and it's not working for me. Darn. I hope I can resolve it so I can play. I suppose I should be getting a new Mac and throw my steam engine out, but I can't. :-) Have fun playing, and I hope to be doing the same soon.

2022-01-21 10:24:57

@8
you can find audio demo
https://2mb.games/haunted-house-audio-demonstration/

2022-01-21 12:17:55

On the audio demo link just before you press play it says, "Watching this video may reveal your IP address to others."
This makes me dubious...

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2022-01-21 12:22:40

Uh… browsing the net reveals your IP address to everyone. Deal with it.

2022-01-21 12:47:55

LOL I'm surprised someone says patron more than liam.

2022-01-21 14:27:02

@19, BSG says it quite a bit.

2022-01-21 14:47:28

I've lookd into this pack and stuff and, well, I'm on the fence. $10 for a pack with $10 packs, or a $10/month paytrion.

Why not have a season/pack pass type thing? I mean, $10 for what is, being blunt, small arcade game packs, and then charging for more. I it was a lower price, maybe $6-8 instead of $10, I'd be more okay with this. If I could buy bundles of packs, I'd be more okay with it

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2022-01-21 21:15:59

I've purchased both the game and the extra pack. For what you're getting, it honestly isn't too bad but I'm also looking forward to Bottle Blaster with the trophies and such. This is a fun little release so far though.

2022-01-21 21:30:57

@19 and @20: Haha, agreed.
Not sure I agree with this patreon/pack thing. Also 10 dollars for what seems like a minigame is kind of steep in my opinion.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2022-01-21 23:57:54 (edited by Muhammad Hajjar 2022-01-22 14:47:54)

The games sound fun. However for what you'll pay, I hope it isn't a small set of games, but something you dive deep into. Though I'll buy the original game firstly for sure and try it.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2022-01-22 14:45:40

For those who bought it, please correct me if I misunderstood, but does the game you buy for $10 only contain 3 minigames? If so then the game is incrediblly overpriced imo, along to the expansion pack you buy additionally.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P